Windows 10: Separate user accounts

Discus and support Separate user accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CAWMJW, Sep 22, 2019.

1. CAWMJW Win User

Separate user accounts

Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the PC, but all icons are the same on screens and task bars.

Also, is there a way to hide or turn off the brightly colored tiles, or at least have the PC open to the plain screen with my selected app icons?

I am a brand new Windows 10 user and still navigating the new program! Thank you!

:)

CAWMJW, Sep 22, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 22, 2019
  3. DaveSteep Win User
    setting up user accounts

Not able to set up a separate user account for my wife...following the steps as outlined in settings for setting up family - but get "we couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date". I am logged
    in to my Microsoft account as it suggests. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

DaveSteep, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Separate user accounts

I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Separate user accounts

1. Separate user accounts - Similar Threads - Separate user accounts

2. Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.: To explain what I'm trying to do I need to explain why I'm doing it:On my PC I have a work user and a personal user, the work user is solely used for work I work from home and the personal user is everything else like gaming, messaging etc.I switch between these users quite...
  3. Separate User Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate User Settings: I have a Dell PC running Windows 10. There are two people in our home using the computer. How do I set it up so that we each have different settings? I tried creating an administrative user account and two standard users, but when one of the standard users changes their...
  4. Create and separate access on user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create and separate access on user accounts: Hi folks! I have Windows 10 Professional on a laptop. Is there a possibility to separate accounts from each other as well as installation of programs, folders etc.? in a way that the programs/folders etc. only belong to one account and are not accessible from outside from...
  5. How to separate user accounts on Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to separate user accounts on Windows 10?: I've been trying to setup 2 user accounts on my Windows 10 OS; so, that I can separate my Uni work and regular use, but I'm not able to separate the accounts when it comes to the apps and programs. E.g. when i delete a shortcut on my desktop from the uni work account it also...
  6. Separate Google Drive Account for each User

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate Google Drive Account for each User: If you have multiple users on a single PC, can each account connect to a separate google drive and run its own instance of google drive Backup and Sync? I assume that onedrive integrate better in this instance where you would enter the one drive for each windows users? Paul...
  7. Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users: I am a father that has a 16 y/o son. So when I set up his xbox account, he used my microsoft account. I have several files on my one drive and keep changing my password effecting my son's xbox account. Moved from: Office / OneDrive with Office / Windows 10 / Office 365...
  8. Setting up a separated user account

Setting up a separated user account: Kind of a weird question, though I'm sure you can guess what I'm asking about. Is there a way to create a user account that is hidden from the other users on a computer, or at least hidden from the initial login screen? Even more preferable, though I'm sure probably not...
  9. Complete separate user account? Win 10

Complete separate user account? Win 10: I was wondering if I can make an additional user account that has complete separate files and separate programs. Such as I have Diablo 2 but I don't want the other user to be able to see that Diablo II is installed. Another example being that I have family photos of my...
  10. System Image with separate user accounts

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image with separate user accounts: Just a quick question. Can I make a system image of recent Windows 10 install which has been set up with two user accounts (one is a child's account) with their own different set-ups, programs etc. If so - which account do I use to select to make a system image from. Just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to hide different accounts information in windows separate accounts