Windows 10: separating emails and accounts

Discus and support separating emails and accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got finally got my laptop all set up with Windows 10, "under duress" by the way because I actually have no issues with Windows 7, and it seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dolface75, Dec 5, 2019.

1. dolface75 Win User

separating emails and accounts

I just got finally got my laptop all set up with Windows 10, "under duress" by the way because I actually have no issues with Windows 7, and it seems there's constant issues so far with this OS. Regardless, I am having a major issue that I need fixed.

Upon setting up this thing it asked me for my Microsoft account information. I do have my email account for Hotmail that I use for pretty much all the major things, bills, health etc. But now it's telling me that I have to authenticate my microsoft account and it's giving me an authentication code for an email that has been discontinued for at least 10 years. It's telling me that after 30 days I will no longer be able to access anything if I don't authenticate.

Can anyone help me with this. Or give me some ideas on actually keeping my account that I need, not something I am being FORCED to use, which is typical with Microsoft

:)

dolface75, Dec 5, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 5, 2019
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Dec 5, 2019
  4. separating emails and accounts

Separate email accounts on W10 Phone

In Windows Phone 8.1 I had an Exchange Email account tile and a Pop3 email tile. I was then able to put different notification sounds to each email account and I could tell if an email was a "Work" or "Personal" email just by the notification sounds.

Now in Windows Phone 10, all email accounts get loaded into the Outlook App and you cannot have separate notification sounds. I also cannot tell by the tile if the emails are from my Exchange or Pop3 accounts. This is a step backwards from what I did with
    the WP8.1.

Does anyone know how I could have separate tiles for my different email accounts in WP10? Thanks.

kyPaulReed, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

separating emails and accounts

1. separating emails and accounts - Similar Threads - separating emails accounts

2. Logging troubles into a separate account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging troubles into a separate account: I can't sign into my account, and it keeps logging me into my work account. I have changed my password over 5 times, trying to log in when it asks me to enter a new password....
  3. Logging troubles into a separate account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging troubles into a separate account: I can't sign into my account, and it keeps logging me into my work account. I have changed my password over 5 times, trying to log in when it asks me to enter a new password....
  4. Backing up emails and separating school OneDrive account from personal OneDrive account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up emails and separating school OneDrive account from personal OneDrive account.: I have a school Microsoft356 account and a private OneDrive account. The two work seamlessly to the point I am finding it difficult to separate the two. On my pc the OneDrive folder holds the data I believe to be in my in my personal OneDrive account but I can not be sure. My...
  5. Backing up emails and separating school OneDrive account from personal OneDrive account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up emails and separating school OneDrive account from personal OneDrive account.: I have a school Microsoft356 account and a private OneDrive account. The two work seamlessly to the point I am finding it difficult to separate the two. On my pc the OneDrive folder holds the data I believe to be in my in my personal OneDrive account but I can not be sure. My...
  6. separating my email accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    separating my email accounts: my Gmail account is combined with my Microsoft account they are both listed as Microsoft. How can I separate them from each other again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separating-my-email-accounts/990e6ec0-c688-4082-a504-45d4cb8f5439
  7. trying to separate accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trying to separate accounts: So, I am trying to create a second user account on my computer so I can have different settings and generally have a few things separated out, and just avoid cluttering up my personal and programming (currently only a hobbyist programmer, so not that good, probably why I am...
  8. Separate user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate user accounts: Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the PC, but all icons are the same on screens and task bars. Also, is there a way to hide or turn off the brightly colored...
  9. Separate microsoft accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Separate microsoft accounts?: I run a desktop pc and two laptops. Each has a legal, registered copy of windows 10. Do I need a separate Microsoft account for each machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separate-microsoft-accounts/3c4ec76b-4a44-44db-b55d-cf5e10258b93"
  10. Many Separate Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Many Separate Accounts: I have four accounts now with Microsoft due to the exaggerated and entirely useless security features of the 'forgot password' dialogue (it literally asks you for your password, then for information that it doesn't actually want, no matter how much you enter it returns: 'not...