Windows 10: Separator Page between print jobs is not welcome

Discus and support Separator Page between print jobs is not welcome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I get rid of the "separator/summary:" page that prints between my print jobs? It really wastes my good paper.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MissLuci05, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Separator Page between print jobs is not welcome

How do I get rid of the "separator/summary:" page that prints between my print jobs? It really wastes my good paper.

:)

MissLuci05, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Tom-Con Win User

Windows print problem. Every Time! Printer prints job, but on PC it still says "Printing" and no additional job will print.

This happens EVERY time.

It happens on two different printers on two different networks (at home and at work)....so it is a WINDOWS problem, not a PRINTER problem.

Send a job to the printer.

It completes and prints JUST FINE. All is well.

THEN==>>

In the printer window for that printer, it continues to say "Printing" (forever!) even tho the job has successfully completed. If i highlight the job and "Delete" it, it says "Deleting"....forever. No other print job sent will print, as they are all blocked
    behind the job that has already successfully printed, and that cannot be manually deleted, either.

So, EVERY TIME the queue must be manually cleared out. The only way i can print another job is a 3-step process

• Go to Services, Stop print queue.
    • Go to PRINTERS folder, delete all files.
    • Go back to Services, and START print queue.

After those three steps, I can print again...exactly one print job...then it happens the same again for that job. Obviously this is a complete hassle.

I would like specific and definitive instructions not on how to now get WINDOWS to work "normally"...so that when a print job successfully prints and is done, the queue for that printer shows as empty, and so more print jobs can be sent.

If this were a very intermittent occasional problem it might be tolerable. But it happens EVERY TIME with EVERY PRINTER.

Help!

Tom-Con, Sep 28, 2018
  3. DISEABLE SEPARATOR PAGE IN WIN 10 PRINTING.

Hi Piotr,

You can change these settings by following the below steps:

- Open Settings

- Select Devices

- Select Printers & Scanners (left-hand side)

- Select your printer from the list

- Select Manage

- Select Printer Properties

- Access the General tab and then click on the Separator Page button.

- To stop using the separator page, access the Separator Page dialog box and remove the file name

This Microsoft KB article also has some additional information:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/library/cc722526....

Hope this helps,

Nathan

NathanT_06, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Separator Page between print jobs is not welcome

print job stuck in queue

I have an HP Photosmart 7520 Series printer and last week tried to print a document from my computer using Windows 10 that was 47.8 MB in size. It only printed about 1/4" on the page and the rest was blank. I had to leave, but the next day, when I tried
    to print a new job and would not print, I saw that the print job from day before was still in queue, so I selected and hit delete. I cannot get the job to delete using following:

1. rebooted computer and printer (including unplugging power cord on computer and router as printer is wireless)

2. tried all suggestions from HP website including trying to stop printer spooler so I could delete the file, but "stop" option was disabled.

These are instructions:

• Control Panel > icon view > Administrative
      Tools
      > Services >
    • Scroll down, find, andStop Print Spooler Service
    • Delete files from C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
    • Start Print Spooler Service

3. I even tried deleting the files manually through Windows Explorer
    (
    C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS) but I got a message that the files were open so they could not be deleted. This is the closest I got.

4. I checked all settings on the printer and was able to print configuration page

I can print from my phone without a problem but I just cannot get that print job to come off the queue.

PLEASE HELP! (I am not an expert so I appreciate explicit instructions that do not need a computer science degree)

MariaGoede, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Separator Page between print jobs is not welcome

1. Separator Page between print jobs is not welcome - Similar Threads - Separator Page between

2. old print job overlaying all new print jobs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old print job overlaying all new print jobs: I'm using a canon printer, connected with usb to my main computer PC running Windows 11 Home. Also have a laptop that connects to the printer via wifi. Previously a very long print job was printed from the laptop. Now every new print job from either computer gets the original...
  3. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...: Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows print jobs work fine. this problem happens with any printer that does not have the setting do not print blank pages in the settings on the printer, if the printer has the setting...
  4. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...: Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows print jobs work fine. this problem happens with any printer that does not have the setting do not print blank pages in the settings on the printer, if the printer has the setting...
  5. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Welcome page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome page: I am the only user of this laptop and I have a local account without a password using Win 10 home. I would like to reboot directly to my Desktop without loading the welcome/login page. Is this possible?...
  7. Welcome page

Welcome page: I've changed my name through divorce and have done on my Microsoft account but I can't find a way to change my Welcome screen name? Sick of seeing my married name now and want rid....Help!...
  8. Printer pauses between printed pages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer pauses between printed pages: My Brother MFCL9550CDW is supposed to print fast but it pauses between each page. I use windows 10 Any ideas? Thanks ***Original title: Printer pauses between each page***...
  9. DISEABLE SEPARATOR PAGE IN WIN 10 PRINTING.

DISEABLE SEPARATOR PAGE IN WIN 10 PRINTING.: How to disable separator blank page every job I do it is going this is waist of my time and paper,. as sometimes I can not reuse it....
  10. Welcome page

Welcome page: How do I post a photo on my Welcome screen? 48271

Users found this page by searching for:

1. page separator will not work for printer