Windows 10: Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

Discus and support Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I'd like to completely separate my personal Microsoft Account from a school account that it's linked to. I don't remember even linking them in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wiz0213, Jun 28, 2022.

1. wiz0213 Win User

Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

Hello,I'd like to completely separate my personal Microsoft Account from a school account that it's linked to. I don't remember even linking them in the first place, but that's not important. I have not been able to find any clear method for doing this. As of now, whenever I sign in with my account, I am asked whether I want to sign in via my personal account or my school account, I don't ever want to sign in via my school account because I don't even attend the university that school email address is linked to anymore, which is why I want them separated.Thank you

:)

wiz0213, Jun 28, 2022

2. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 28, 2022
  3. shahmukim Win User
    Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account

I have one Microsoft account for School and one for personal usage (using multiple devices). How do I sync both accounts like, edge browsing history-favourites, windows personalize settings, etc.?

shahmukim, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

Mindweaver, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

1. Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account - Similar Threads - Seperate Personal Microsoft

2. Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seperate Personal Microsoft Account from School Account: Hello,I'd like to completely separate my personal Microsoft Account from a school account that it's linked to. I don't remember even linking them in the first place, but that's not important. I have not been able to find any clear method for doing this. As of now, whenever I...
  3. "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account: Years ago when we had one computer and my much younger son wanted to play Minecraft, I just put him on my account before they were doing family accounts. It is now a Bemouth and has his name but my picture and email. He is now almost an adult and I'm starting a business, so...
  4. "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Divorcing" seperating my Microsoft account: Years ago when we had one computer and my much younger son wanted to play Minecraft, I just put him on my account before they were doing family accounts. It is now a Bemouth and has his name but my picture and email. He is now almost an adult and I'm starting a business, so...
  5. Open seperate Microsoft phot account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open seperate Microsoft phot account.: HelloMy uploaded photos go into my brother Microsoft photo account its his computer .I have my own Microsoft account and want to open my own photo account and so keep my photos separate.Any ideas please?Anne...
  6. Open seperate Microsoft phot account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open seperate Microsoft phot account.: HelloMy uploaded photos go into my brother Microsoft photo account its his computer .I have my own Microsoft account and want to open my own photo account and so keep my photos separate.Any ideas please?Anne...
  7. Microsoft OneDrive and Account Transition from School to Personal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft OneDrive and Account Transition from School to Personal: I have been having difficulty with my OneDrive Account and other computer issues. My previous account was linked to a school account and assumed that account restrictions from that account may be causing the problems. I have been working on transitioning things to a different...
  8. personal and school accounts linked?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    personal and school accounts linked?: When I set up my personal microsoft account, it was linked to my school account. I'm not sure how exactly I linked it, but I began having issues where I would log into my personal account and it would only show me my school account. I got a new computer and bought a...
  9. work and seperate personal account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    work and seperate personal account: Can I use apps from my job account on my personal account. My laptop (personal) is listed as a device at my company. My phone is a company phone. Thanks for any helpful answers to this issue...
  10. Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync personal microsoft account and school microsoft account: I have one Microsoft account for School and one for personal usage (using multiple devices). How do I sync both accounts like, edge browsing history-favourites, windows personalize settings, etc.?...