Windows 10: Sept. 2020 Firmware Update Bricked Surface Pro 5

Discus and support Sept. 2020 Firmware Update Bricked Surface Pro 5 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My daughter updated her Surface Pro 5 with the September 2020 update and now it won't boot or even reset. What happens is the power button activates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gibberish650, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Sept. 2020 Firmware Update Bricked Surface Pro 5

My daughter updated her Surface Pro 5 with the September 2020 update and now it won't boot or even reset.

What happens is the power button activates the Windows logo white on all black screen for 2 seconds and then nothing. No holding power buttons or volume button combos seem to break it out of this state.

It is out of warranty but do we have any recourse to get this fixed since the system worked properly before that update arrived? What is the best way to get help with this matter, Windows support help?

:)

Gibberish650, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

Surface Pro

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro update history | Surface firmware updates

Surface Pro 2

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 update history | Surface firmware updates

Brink, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Pro Drivers and Firmware Update - Mar. 15

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

See also: Updates for Surface Pro (15 March 2018) Surface

Brink, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Sept. 2020 Firmware Update Bricked Surface Pro 5

New Surface Pro Drivers and Firmware Update - Mar. 15

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

See also: Updates for Surface Pro (15 March 2018) Surface

Brink, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Sept. 2020 Firmware Update Bricked Surface Pro 5

1. Sept. 2020 Firmware Update Bricked Surface Pro 5 - Similar Threads - Sept 2020 Firmware

2. New Surface Pro 7 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - Sept. 29

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 7 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - Sept. 29: Improvements and fixes in the update September 2020 updates September 29 release The following updates are available for Surface Pro 7 devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903, or greater. Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Version and Update...
  3. Bricked my Surface Pro?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bricked my Surface Pro?: I have a Surface Pro 7. I decided to change my PIN as I forgot both my PIN and my Password. I always use Windows Hello but for some reason it doesn't work sometimes and requires a PIN. Anyway, I changed my PIN successfully, and restarted my device. Now, I now cannot...
  4. Updates for the Microsoft Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates for the Microsoft Surface Pro 5: I have tried to update what is needed in order to get Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to work again. However, it just brings me to security and I clicked on the things that are needed to get my Surface Pro secured. When doing this I check for updates in security and it does...
  5. New Surface Pro X Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - November 5 Surface

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro X Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - November 5 Surface: Improvements and fixes in the update November 2019 updates November 5 release The following updates are available for Surface Pro X devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Microsoft Corporation –...
  6. New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 29: The following updates are available for all Surface Pro (5th Gen) devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater: The following updates are available for all Surface Pro 6 devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater: Windows...
  7. Microsoft to update Surface Pro 3 firmware...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to update Surface Pro 3 firmware...: Patch Tuesday came and went last week with no firmware updates for any of the four Microsoft Surface tablets. [img] On November 17, Microsoft officials shared a list of updates it planned to issue for the Intel-based Surface Pro 3, but didn't specify exactly when they'd...
  8. Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2

in Windows 10 News
    Firmware updates available for Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2: Surface Pro The following update will be available in Windows Update and listed as “System Firmware Update – 2/24/2016” when you view your update history. Note When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to...
  9. New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Sept. 21st 2017

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Sept. 21st 2017: Microsoft has released new drivers and firmware for the Surface Pro 4 via Windows Update. Release notes not available from Microsoft yet. Direct download link: Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center [img] 94789
  10. New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Sept. 14th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Sept. 14th 2017: September 2017 updates September 14 release The following updates are delivered to Surface Pro 4 devices on Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607 or later, that attach the new Surface Pro Type Cover and the Surface Pro Signature Type Covers: Windows Update History Name...