Windows 10: Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity

Discus and support Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday Sept 18, 2020 I installed a Windows 10 update to my Lenovo laptop, and I now consistently get a “no internet, secured” message when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David Sniveley, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity

Yesterday Sept 18, 2020 I installed a Windows 10 update to my Lenovo laptop, and I now consistently get a “no internet, secured” message when I try to connect to wifi. I’ve looked through various online suggestions for fixing this error but none of them seem to work. My device shows that I have version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. Is there something unusual about this latest patch that creates wifi bugs that can’t be fixed with tricks that have worked in the past? Thanks!

:)

David Sniveley, Sep 19, 2020

2. No internet connection after Sept 2016 update

HP laptop has been running Windows 10 for over a year. After the last update (Sept 27?) I have had no internet connection on either wifi or ethernet. It says it is connected, just no internet. I've rebooted the modem, the router, the computer, etc. I
    ran a wlan report, and it says it is connected (it apparently doesn't record whether you get internet with the connection). The network troubleshooter said there might be a problem with the ethernet AND wifi adapters, so I followed instructions from another
    thread and uninstalled and reinstalled those. I've turned off AVG and ZoneAlarm, restarted, etc. So far - nothing. I've tried it on my home and my work networks - nothing.

What's next? (And please, I'm not an IT person - tell me step by step.)

Laurine554, Sep 19, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity

Windows update Sept 12 no internet connection

My surface pro 3 got a windows update last night, Sept 12, 2018. Now I can not connect to the internet.

RonTucker1, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity

1. Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity - Similar Threads - Sept 2020 Win10

2. Lost Internet Connection with October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Internet Connection with October 2020 Update: I know this will sound silly but I have to post my experience with the latest update of Windows 10. First here are some specs on the machine I'm using and how it is connected to the internet. If there is more you need let me know. - PC: Alienware Area-51 R5 - Internet...
  3. Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020: Following a recent update the sreen would intermittently flash and would eventually turn completely white. In this state it was apparently unresponsive to keyboard and mouse. If the computer went to sleep it invariably awoke in the same white screen state. I have had this...
  4. New Update MSFS 2020 on Sept. 29, 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Update MSFS 2020 on Sept. 29, 2020: Yesterday I started MSFS 2020 ver 1.9.3.0 through the Xbox application and it came up saying I need to update. So I started the update and it shows to have completely downloaded and now is decompressing fs-base-0.1.87.fspatch.001... It has been stuck on this now after...
  5. Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020: Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020 How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-no-sound-after-windows-update-sept-2020/c2a08960-28a9-4cee-93c6-1fb53aa9bda7
  6. Incorrect password after sept 2020 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect password after sept 2020 update: Hello everyone! I updated my computer last night and today it keeps telling me “incorrect password error”. However I don’t even have a password for it, I usually press login and that’s it. Now the error appears instead and, as I can’t type anything because I don’t use a...
  7. After win10 update unable to connect to internet.

After win10 update unable to connect to internet.: I updated my laptop last night and since then I cant connect to the internet. I've tried flushing the DNA server and looked into rolling back the driver update but as there is no net connection I cant get the laptop to search for a driver. I resent the fact that as this is an...
  8. Windows 10 update broke internet connection. Error - No Internet, Secured

Windows 10 update broke internet connection. Error - No Internet, Secured: I have Dell inspiron 15R and it has Qualcomm Atheros 1705 wifi device. On 29 Aug 2019, some windows updates were installed on my laptop automatically. Below are the 4 updates that were installed on the PC on that day, 1. Security update for Microsoft Windows (KB4507435) 2....
  9. Windows update Sept 12 no internet connection

Windows update Sept 12 no internet connection: My surface pro 3 got a windows update last night, Sept 12, 2018. Now I can not connect to the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-update-sept-12-no-internet-connection/180f74c0-dc3d-40a4-a9ef-933c48e50941
  10. No internet connection following win10 update

No internet connection following win10 update: A few days ago I lost my desktop wired internet connection, changing all the cables and troubleshooting got me nowhere but going back to a restore point solved the problem. I had to do this 2 consecutive days, but when the same thing happened on the 3rd day the restore point...