Windows 10: Sequence of downloads dispalyed by file explorer

Discus and support Sequence of downloads dispalyed by file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The File Explorer in Windows 10 displays the names of Downloads files by listing them in groups 0 - 9, A - H, I - P, etc. This grouping methodology... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sjh001, Feb 17, 2020.

1. sjh001 Win User

Sequence of downloads dispalyed by file explorer

The File Explorer in Windows 10 displays the names of Downloads files by listing them in groups 0 - 9, A - H, I - P, etc. This grouping methodology causes problems for me because the way I like to manage my Downloads file.

I would like to get rid of this grouping so that I would see one single ungrouped file in the manner that I was accustomed to in prior releases of windows. How do I go about doing that?

:)

sjh001, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Sequence of downloads dispalyed by file explorer

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Sequence of downloads dispalyed by file explorer

1. Sequence of downloads dispalyed by file explorer - Similar Threads - Sequence downloads dispalyed

2. dispaly brightness for streaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dispaly brightness for streaming: How can I increse the birightness of movies streamed on my computer? My system is Windows 10 Home version 21H2 on a laptop, with Display 2 on the desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dispaly-brightness-for-streaming/00844f2e-47ce-4132-9849-a7e68f89ceb7
  3. dispaly brightness for streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    dispaly brightness for streaming: How can I increse the birightness of movies streamed on my computer? My system is Windows 10 Home version 21H2 on a laptop, with Display 2 on the desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dispaly-brightness-for-streaming/00844f2e-47ce-4132-9849-a7e68f89ceb7
  4. download file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download file explorer: How do i stop file explorer from stopping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-file-explorer/f5ac9e5e-8e97-4657-a3f1-59ac9f10f12b
  5. download file explorer

download file explorer: How do i stop file explorer from stopping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-file-explorer/f5ac9e5e-8e97-4657-a3f1-59ac9f10f12b
  6. download file explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. gridlines on dispaly screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    gridlines on dispaly screen: all i did was turn on my computer and now i have gridlines that will not go away. how can i make this go away? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gridlines-on-dispaly-screen/7222da77-4178-4b9c-88fd-66d57070ec0e
  8. File Explorer - Downloads

File Explorer - Downloads: Attached is my operating system, not showing product[ATTACH] keys. Files in my Downloads Folder have been disappearing for weeks. Yesterday 11/12/2018, I downloads a file from Bleepiing Computer I know it completed because I went to the folder yesterday and ran the file...
  9. Placing Files in Sequence

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Placing Files in Sequence: Hello, When I open my financial folders, the files of my monthly bank statements and brokerage statements are all over the page, including the years. Will windows place these files in proper sequence if I re-name them 1-2015, 2-2015, 3-2015 and so on? Or how can I...
  10. Numerical Sorting in File Explorer - Change the Collating Sequence

in Windows 10 Support
    Numerical Sorting in File Explorer - Change the Collating Sequence: I was checking out the collating sequence on Windows 7 for a friend and found this post on SevenForums: Numerical Sorting in Windows Explorer - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums Curious, I decided to give it a go on W10 even though this computer did not have the...