Windows 10: Sequential copy/move to different locations

Discus and support Sequential copy/move to different locations in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anyone know if it is possible to have a multiple files/folder copied to different locations sequentially? For example folder c:\music\ABBA copied to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TFBone, Aug 24, 2020.

1. /u/TFBone Win User

Sequential copy/move to different locations

Anyone know if it is possible to have a multiple files/folder copied to different locations sequentially? For example folder c:\music\ABBA copied to f:\music\ABBA and then copy c:\downloads\archives to g:\archives and then copy f:\games to g:\games. If I select those files say copy it wants to do them all at once unless I pause some until the 1st ones finish. I want them to finish the first folder and then automatically proceed to the next one, copy them and then proceed again without having to pause and resume. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

submitted by /u/TFBone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TFBone, Aug 24, 2020

2. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Sequential copy/move to different locations 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Sequential copy/move to different locations 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Aug 24, 2020
  3. rosede Win User
    How to change sequential numbers in 2016 Word?

I have a multiple page document that has a 96 numbers sequentially listed. Actually its 192, because the numbers appear twice on the same page. Four duplicate numbers on 12 pages, 192 instances of sequential numbers.

I need to be able to renumber starting with the next highest number on the list. For example, the highest current number is 96. I need to start the numbering sequence at 97 and then increment from there. I hope this is clear enough.

For example 100001 thru 100096. I need to renumber the sequence 100097 thru 100192.

I've fooled around with the Find and Replace tool in Word. If I use the wild card setting, I can find the sequence 1000[0-9][0-9]. But, I can't figure out how to replace the matched find with the next number in the sequence.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thank you.

Daryl

rosede, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Sequential copy/move to different locations

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Sequential copy/move to different locations

1. Sequential copy/move to different locations - Similar Threads - Sequential copy move

2. Is it possible to sequentially copy and paste several items?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to sequentially copy and paste several items?: With part of my job being data entry, I was wondering if there was a way to copy and paste multiple things sequentially. Meaning, instead of copy, paste, copy, paste, copy, paste, etc., you could just copy, copy, copy, paste, paste, paste. I know the clipboard exists and you...
  3. Is it possible to sequentially copy and paste several items?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to sequentially copy and paste several items?: With part of my job being data entry, I was wondering if there was a way to copy and paste multiple things sequentially. Meaning, instead of copy, paste, copy, paste, copy, paste, etc., you could just copy, copy, copy, paste, paste, paste. I know the clipboard exists and you...
  4. Is it possible to sequentially copy and paste several items?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Moving or Copying

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Moving or Copying: Sunday, December 6, 2020 Yesterday when I first went to copy a file to another location, when I clicked on the copy-folder icon, instead of seeing a tiny button appear to the lower right of the icon saying "choose location" I'm getting this 10" drop-down window which...
  6. The publisher of this app doesn’t allow it to be moved to a different location, Error...

in Windows 10 News
    The publisher of this app doesn’t allow it to be moved to a different location, Error...: [ATTACH]Windows 10 allows you to set the default location of apps, photos, documents, and other stuff to another drive if you wish to. It helps […] This article The publisher of this app doesn’t allow it to be moved to a different location, Error 0x80073d21 first appeared on...
  7. How to copy and sync my documents to a different location

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to copy and sync my documents to a different location: I understand there are lots of articles on how to move my documents (or other personal folders) to another location - what I'm interested in is creating another folder in a different partition and have my documents folder files copied (not moved) to the other...
  8. Multiple sequential BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple sequential BSODs: Only recently I started having this problem. I know basic computers so if you want something extra just give me a guide or something. Anyways, sometimes when I launch a game my computer bluescreens. It gives me the DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. Then it doesn't reboot even...
  9. Way to move MESSENGER posting coordinates to different screen location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Way to move MESSENGER posting coordinates to different screen location: Thanks for any and all replies. Is there a way to move the screen coordinates of where MESSENGER information is posted on the screen to a screen location further to the left or higher to the left? Thanks,.. Cliff 92962
  10. Copy to/Move To

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy to/Move To: Will the Copy To/Move To registry hack for Windows work with Windows 10? Add Copy To / Move To on Windows 7 or Vista Right-Click Menu 20557