Windows 10: serachapp.exe trying to restart

Discus and support serachapp.exe trying to restart in Cortana to solve the problem; so a friend of mine can't use the search function on windows.type here to searchwhen he tries to search nothing shows up and it closes, we checked task... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Steinii, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Steinii Win User

serachapp.exe trying to restart

so a friend of mine can't use the search function on windows.type here to searchwhen he tries to search nothing shows up and it closes, we checked task manager and it shows serachapp.exe trying to restart it shows up and then it's gone againit goes like this constantly. We have tried different methods to fix this such as powershell, manually restarting through task manager, rolling back windows update, rebuilding the index, running troubleshooter and some other methods but nothing works.any ideas?

:)

Steinii, Oct 27, 2022
  2. little cat, Oct 27, 2022
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

serachapp.exe trying to restart [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

serachapp.exe trying to restart [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Oct 27, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Faulting application name: bad_module_info when trying to run exe installer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Do you receive any error message when you run the .exe installer?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

As you have mentioned that you have Kaspersky installed on the computer, it could be that Kaspersky is blocking the installers to run. I suggest you to try disabling Kaspersky and see if that helps. Please follow the steps to disable Kaspersky:

1. Type Kaspersky in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it from the search results.
    2. Now, click on Settings.
    3. Click on Additional and then click on
      Self-Defense.
    4. Clear the check box for
      Enable Self-Defense to disable Kaspersky.
    5. If you receive any prompt, click on Continue.

Note: Disabling Antivirus software may open the computer to threats. Make sure to enable it after performing the troubleshooting.

You can also check if the application that you are trying to run is Quarantined by Kaspersky. If the application is Quarantined, restore the application and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Kaspersky in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it from the search results.
    2. Click on More tools.
    3. In the Tools window, click on
      Quarantine
    4. Look for the .exe installer that you are trying to run. If you find the installer, right click on it and select
      Restore to restore it to its original location.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 27, 2022
Thema:

1. serachapp.exe trying to restart - Similar Threads - serachapp exe trying

2. When i try to restart my pc theres a thing called temp window exe file is it harmful

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i try to restart my pc theres a thing called temp window exe file is it harmful: It was my first time seeing "temp window" but there was also a nameless exe file too prob temp window idk what it does but i got like 43 fps in valorant today is it a btc miner...
  3. When i try to restart my pc theres a thing called temp window exe file is it harmful

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i try to restart my pc theres a thing called temp window exe file is it harmful: It was my first time seeing "temp window" but there was also a nameless exe file too prob temp window idk what it does but i got like 43 fps in valorant today is it a btc miner...
  4. serachapp.exe trying to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    serachapp.exe trying to restart: so a friend of mine can't use the search function on windows.type here to searchwhen he tries to search nothing shows up and it closes, we checked task manager and it shows serachapp.exe trying to restart it shows up and then it's gone againit goes like this constantly. We...
  5. serachapp.exe trying to restart

serachapp.exe trying to restart: so a friend of mine can't use the search function on windows.type here to searchwhen he tries to search nothing shows up and it closes, we checked task manager and it shows serachapp.exe trying to restart it shows up and then it's gone againit goes like this constantly. We...
  6. The unnamed exe. app when restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The unnamed exe. app when restarting: when i restart, theres a warning "this app is not letting you restart" and theres an app unnamed " "is that a threat? topic is random becuse idk what is it...
  7. The unnamed exe. app when restarting

The unnamed exe. app when restarting: when i restart, theres a warning "this app is not letting you restart" and theres an app unnamed " "is that a threat? topic is random becuse idk what is it...
  8. The unnamed exe. app when restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Error 0x005661e3 while trying to open an .exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x005661e3 while trying to open an .exe: It just appears when I try to open a game, can someone help me with that? Thank you submitted by /u/R3dVulp3x [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fzr3h9/error_0x005661e3_while_trying_to_open_an_exe/
  10. Bat or Exe file to restart Computer Browser Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Bat or Exe file to restart Computer Browser Service: About 1 out of every 6 times I turn my laptop on I have to restart the computer browser service to be able to connect to networks. Is there a bat or exe file I can create that I can just click on and run to restart the service instead of having to go into the...