Windows 10: Serching text file contents

Discus and support Serching text file contents in Cortana to solve the problem; I have my document file folders indexed. And I have all file types selected and contents selected as well. However, Windows is not searching the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by jmyoung666, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Serching text file contents

I have my document file folders indexed. And I have all file types selected and contents selected as well. However, Windows is not searching the contents of files with .txt extensions even though that box is checked and I have selected the contents option.

:)

jmyoung666, Dec 21, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Dec 21, 2021
  3. Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

1. Created New MMS APN (steps here: Setup Guide for AT&T APN Settings Windows Phone & MMS Settings )
      • still didn't work
    2. Deleted MMS APN
    3. Group messages started working!! No more "getting media content", it just shows up.
    Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Ono RunAway, Dec 21, 2021
  4. Serching text file contents

Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Dec 21, 2021
Thema:

Serching text file contents

1. Serching text file contents - Similar Threads - Serching text file

2. Removed contents from a text file and saved by mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed contents from a text file and saved by mistake: Hi,Unfortunately I removed contents from a text file and saved it by mistake. Now its blank. I had some important notes there. Is there any way I can still recover that?...
  3. Removed contents from a text file and saved by mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed contents from a text file and saved by mistake: Hi,Unfortunately I removed contents from a text file and saved it by mistake. Now its blank. I had some important notes there. Is there any way I can still recover that?...
  4. Removed contents from a text file and saved by mistake

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Serching text file contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serching text file contents: I have my document file folders indexed. And I have all file types selected and contents selected as well. However, Windows is not searching the contents of files with .txt extensions even though that box is checked and I have selected the contents option....
  6. Serching text file contents

Serching text file contents: I have my document file folders indexed. And I have all file types selected and contents selected as well. However, Windows is not searching the contents of files with .txt extensions even though that box is checked and I have selected the contents option....
  7. Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard

Copy Contents of Multiple Text Files to Clipboard: Does anyone know how to modify the tutorial "Copy Contents to Clipboard" through some sort of command or bat file to copy the contents of multiple text files at once to the clipboard, each file separated by lines/space or something? Add Copy Contents to Clipboard to Context...
  8. Windows Automatically Start Deleting Files and Backspacing Text Content

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Automatically Start Deleting Files and Backspacing Text Content: Hi, I have tried all the stuff that I could try. I tried resetting Windows, I deleted the drivers and reinstalled them and I also ran more than one Antivirus apps in the hope that I will find a solution to this problem but it does not work. All of a sudden, If I am in...
  9. Searching for contents of file NAME not the contents of files?????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Searching for contents of file NAME not the contents of files?????: I have maybe 500 files in a folder, one file for each model of our products. The thing about the model names is that the number of the model is at the end of the file name, like C19QZHW203 and the name of the next model number might be C19WRZT204, in other words, I cant sort...
  10. Avoid Windows serch info into files when sorting

in Windows 10 Support
    Avoid Windows serch info into files when sorting: Hi, I love whern Windows is very simple and fast, sometime I really don't need "plus" that slow me down working. One of them is when for example I would open a photo folder and open immediatly the most recent pictures. In very old windows this folder was opened very quickly...