Windows 10: SERIAL NUMBER OF STOLEN LAPTOP .

Discus and support SERIAL NUMBER OF STOLEN LAPTOP . in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In this day and age of you would think that it would be possible to track a stolen laptop by it's serial number . even if the hard drive is completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HowardKirby1, Jan 8, 2021.

1. SERIAL NUMBER OF STOLEN LAPTOP .

In this day and age of you would think that it would be possible to track a stolen laptop by it's serial number . even if the hard drive is completely cleared the actual hardware still has the same serial number . Wouldn't the device manufacture IE.. HP have a list of info if the device is registered or if Win 10 is reinstalled ??

thanks in advance

shred head

:)

HowardKirby1, Jan 8, 2021

2. Track a stolen laptop via serial number?

A while ago, one of my devices on my Microsoft account was stolen. Since Find My Device was never turned on by default, is there a way to track down what happened to it by the serial number?

ChrisImperiale, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Ethan B. Win User
    Track a stolen laptop via serial number?

Hi Chris,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the serial number is hardly trackable, there are no elements as to getting it tracked that way, Find My Device goes a long way in helping you and I recommend you turn it on in all of your devices for the foreseeable
    future. I recommend you contact your local police, report the device as stolen using that serial number, as it's a big help to finding it.

Hope this helps a bit, I'm sorry about your device and I hope you can get it back.

Ethan B., Jan 8, 2021
  4. SERIAL NUMBER OF STOLEN LAPTOP .

REQUEST FOR A SERIAL NUMBER AND EMI NUMBER FOR A STOLEN FONE

my fone microsoft lumia was stolen so can u help me to get the serial number and the EMI number for tracking reasons .the fone was connected to my Microsoft account .Thats the only thing i have

gleechakanyuka, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

SERIAL NUMBER OF STOLEN LAPTOP .

1. SERIAL NUMBER OF STOLEN LAPTOP . - Similar Threads - SERIAL NUMBER STOLEN

2. Lock a stolen laptop by serial number? “Find My” lock is insufficient.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock a stolen laptop by serial number? “Find My” lock is insufficient.: My laptop was stolen. I see the serial in my Microsoft account and last location. Why can’t I lock the device/report the serial number as stolen to prevent it from ever being activated again? I see the serial in my devices which means Microsoft can too. It also won’t let me...
  3. Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?: My laptop was stolen. I see the serial in my Microsoft account and last location. Why can’t I lock the device/report the serial number as stolen to prevent it from ever being activated again? I see the serial in my devices which means Microsoft can too. It also won’t let me...
  4. Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?

Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?: My laptop was stolen. I see the serial in my Microsoft account and last location. Why can’t I lock the device/report the serial number as stolen to prevent it from ever being activated again? I see the serial in my devices which means Microsoft can too. It also won’t let me...
  5. Lock a stolen laptop by serial number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. serial number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  7. serial number?

serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  8. Find serial number to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find serial number to laptop: Hi Microsoft Community, Could someone please tell me the simplest way of finding out the serial number to the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-serial-number-to-laptop/6ef7c99c-688e-4bea-b193-fe170f7c877f
  9. Find serial number to laptop

Find serial number to laptop: Hi Microsoft Community, Could someone please tell me the simplest way of finding out the serial number to the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-serial-number-to-laptop/6ef7c99c-688e-4bea-b193-fe170f7c877f
  10. Track a stolen laptop via serial number?

Track a stolen laptop via serial number?: A while ago, one of my devices on my Microsoft account was stolen. Since Find My Device was never turned on by default, is there a way to track down what happened to it by the serial number?...