Windows 10: Serial number or license info for Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Serial number or license info for Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro i in September 2019. I cannot find the serial number or activation key anywhere! I saved the email of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeoJH, Apr 27, 2022.

1. GeoJH Win User

Serial number or license info for Windows 10 Pro

I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro i in September 2019. I cannot find the serial number or activation key anywhere! I saved the email of my purchase...not in the email. I went online to my Microsoft account, went to the order history which is there, but there is no info on the SN or activation key. So, I'm stumped and do not know what to do as I do not want to try and upgrade to Win11 until I can locate it.Anybody got any constructive solutions since I cannot seem to find any way to contact Microsoft support?Thanks

:)

GeoJH, Apr 27, 2022

2. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Apr 27, 2022
  3. Serial number

The serial number should be on a sticker somewhere on the desktop.

You can also go into the BIOS to find the serial number.

This link has the info, it says laptop, but should be the same steps:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00034791

tamara_sadel, Apr 27, 2022
  4. Serial number or license info for Windows 10 Pro

Serial Number lost

Windows 10 Activation reports your license will soon expire.

This can happen for a number of reasons:

• You copied a Windows 10 Pro off the Internet (usually a volume license - organization - key) and changed on a Windows 10 Home installation. Windows 10 Pro is not free.
      If this is what you did, you will need to reinstall the previous edition or version you were running. You inadvertently installed the wrong edition.
      • The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core
      will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro
      will install Windows 10 Pro

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If the edition of Windows 10 installed does not correspond with the edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 you were previously running, then you need to reinstall the right edition.

Just to be safe, reinstall Windows 10 Home, if thats not the right edition, you can always upgrade to Pro after.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows

Andre Da Costa, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

Serial number or license info for Windows 10 Pro

1. Serial number or license info for Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Serial number license

2. Windows serial number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows serial number: Hi, last week i bought a new laptop with DOS so i installed Windows 11 and then i I bought actiavion key online. I activeted windows, everything went good but laptop started to get BSOD atleast once evry 30-60 minutes so i sended it back to the store and apperently it was...
  3. Windows serial number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows serial number: Hi, last week i bought a new laptop with DOS so i installed Windows 11 and then i I bought actiavion key online. I activeted windows, everything went good but laptop started to get BSOD atleast once evry 30-60 minutes so i sended it back to the store and apperently it was...
  4. serial number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  5. serial number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  6. Serial number or license info for Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Serial number or license info for Windows 10 Pro: I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro i in September 2019. I cannot find the serial number or activation key anywhere! I saved the email of my purchase...not in the email. I went online to my Microsoft account, went to the order history which is there, but there is no info on...
  7. Serial number or license info for Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serial number or license info for Windows 10 Pro: I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro i in September 2019. I cannot find the serial number or activation key anywhere! I saved the email of my purchase...not in the email. I went online to my Microsoft account, went to the order history which is there, but there is no info on...
  8. It can not change serial-usb number on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    It can not change serial-usb number on windows 10 pro: I've installed driver to usb device. Windows had created new COM6 port for my device but application used for device need from 1 to 4 port number. So I've opened Device manager, found port USB serial port COM6 there, selected properties in context menu, clicked tab Port...
  9. Windows 10 Serial Number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Serial Number: Just bought an SSD, planning on reinstalling Win10 on it. I can't use CMD, so... Is the "Product ID" the same as the Serial number/Product key? Edit: Solved, thanks to everyone...
  10. Licenses Serial Numbers are the same in desktop and Laptop!

in Windows 10 Support
    Licenses Serial Numbers are the same in desktop and Laptop!: I ran portable program Speccy (Piriform Speccy) to check my system temperature like cpu and hard drives etc.... I'm seeing operating system windows 10 serial numbers in my desktop and laptop showing exactly the same. Is it normal?... I had separated license for each computer...