Windows 10: Series of crashes BSOD

Discus and support Series of crashes BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all - I've really struggled with this and whenever I think I'm making progress I end up going back again. This started some weeks ago maybe about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tompagenet, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Series of crashes BSOD

Hey all - I've really struggled with this and whenever I think I'm making progress I end up going back again. This started some weeks ago maybe about Christmas when I started getting "LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Pascal" errors BSOD STOP errors when doing very minor things with the PC - using Microsoft Teams, in Chrome and specifically in Citrix Workspace. I was able to play VR games with no problem, and things like FurMark, OCCT Power/GPU test and MemTest86 can run without issue. This looks like an nVidia issue, so I have updated my drivers to version 461.72 and my built in Intel HD Graphics 530 to the latest driver version 27.20.100.9168 for that too. That seemed to do the trick, but now I get different STOP errors:

For example today:

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 139

Parameter 1: 3

Parameter 2: ffffb888d4aef6c0

Parameter 3: ffffb888d4aef618

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_19042

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

and

0x139_3_CORRUPT_LIST_ENTRY_libwamf!unknown_function

Two seperate BSOD - happy to share any files etc that would help.

In terms of system I have a desktop Dell XPS 8910 PC with three screens. There is a Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz processor, 64GB RAM four banks, the aforementioned graphics cards, one nVme SSD, one SATA SSD, three spinning metal disks.

I have tried updating drivers. I completely reset the PC not even keeping personal files, but still have the issues, but I am struggling to believe this is hardware as running very processor/memory/GPU etc intensive games works fine. Of course when I reset the machine I had to update drivers so if it's a recent driver issue then perhaps still having that.

:)

tompagenet, Mar 1, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Series of different BSOD crashes and freezes on boot

The Event Viewer logs are in the zip file Messsk uploaded:

Series of crashes BSOD [​IMG]

Ztruker, Mar 1, 2021
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Series of crashes BSOD

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

Series of crashes BSOD

1. Series of crashes BSOD - Similar Threads - Series crashes BSOD

2. Windows 11 series of BSOD errors in a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 series of BSOD errors in a loop: Continuous BSOD errors.. System restarts and throws errors one by one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-series-of-bsod-errors-in-a-loop/d6e2b94c-3602-4e71-ac51-38d218b5c210
  3. Windows 11 series of BSOD errors in a loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 series of BSOD errors in a loop: Continuous BSOD errors.. System restarts and throws errors one by one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-series-of-bsod-errors-in-a-loop/d6e2b94c-3602-4e71-ac51-38d218b5c210
  4. BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD crashes: I have a win 10 desktop pc that keeps bsoding all the time. I have the latest memory dump however I cant determine what is the cause. Here is the latest dump info:Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP]Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address...
  5. A seris of bsod and problems

A seris of bsod and problems: i recently upgraded my acer nitro 515 52 i7 8 th gen with a hik vision ssd after i installed ssd the problems are started to come it been a month maybe now a days blue screen of deaths come evrty time when i turn on my laptop like system service exception and memory...
  6. crashes and bsods

crashes and bsods: Hello , since last few hours I am not able to boot my pc in normal mode . I am using safe mode now. When I try to boot my PC normally it crashes with random BSODs , mostly it is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Rarely sometimes I am able to boot my PC normally and if it crashes with...
  7. BSOD's and Crashing

BSOD's and Crashing: I have recently been having a lot of BSODs and this is what comes up in event viewer any help is appreciated. PS: I just recently built this new computer and earlier I was getting blue screens for another reason and I stopped those the source for those was DistributedCOM....
  8. Latest in a series of BSODs on Dell Inspirion 15-3567

Latest in a series of BSODs on Dell Inspirion 15-3567: Attached is requested log for the most recent BSOD (of 7) on my 10 month old Dell laptop. This occurred while on a remote connection to my desktop (all on a private network). OS: Windows 10 Pro, 1909, build 18363.592 Log file 148696
  9. Series of different BSOD crashes and freezes on boot

Series of different BSOD crashes and freezes on boot: Good Morning, Over the past few weeks or so I've been getting game crashing errors in Apex, BFV, and Rocket League. Finally I got tired of the crashes, and disabled my CPU overclock by resetting the BIOS to default, which rendered my PC unusable. I would get every BSOD in...
  10. A series of BSOD's during games and on the desktop

A series of BSOD's during games and on the desktop: Hi there, My PC is reasonably mature now and after getting a few BSOD's I just thought I was getting a little unlucky every so often. However they are now increasing in frequency and I can't seem to see a recurring theme in-between them. Attachment 63007 Here's the...