Windows 10: Series X Controller not working

Discus and support Series X Controller not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] hi, i'm using a CSR 4.0 generic bluetooth adapter and i can't connect my controller via bluetooth on windows. I have the latest 20H2 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ggrimwynn, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Series X Controller not working

/u/Ggrimwynn, Feb 1, 2021

2. Xbox series x/s controller connected to PC via Bluetooth but not working

Yes. I also followed the steps provided my Microsoft

Known Issues on Xbox Series X|S

• windows 10 KB number for OS Build is greater than the one listed
    • the controller firmware is up to date from the Xbox Accessories app.

kousik2020, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    App Compatibility for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Consoles

Source: App Compatibility for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Consoles - Windows Developer Blog

See also: Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X Launch November 10

Brink, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Series X Controller not working

xbox series x controller via bluetooth not recognized in games

The Bluetooth steps I gave were only in case you need them. The actual repair steps for your controller were the first links I gave. Have you started on them yet? Please do not skip any steps. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step.
    If you need help performing any step I will help.

More here including how to update these controllers:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://www.windowscentral.com/will-xbox-series...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Series X Controller not working

1. Series X Controller not working - Similar Threads - Series Controller working

2. xbox series x controller disconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox series x controller disconnect: Hello . I bought xbox series x controller to use on my laptop windows 10 . when i use type c cable to connect i dont have any issue in any game but when use blutooth connection on some games like resident evil 7 on gameplay controller keep disconnect and again connect but on...
  3. Xbox Series X Controller Functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Series X Controller Functionality: I'm having an issue with my Xbox Series X controller. I am trying to use this controller to play my games library with Bluetooth. For select games, everything works fine via Bluetooth, the games that I have tried that have worked are Fallout 4, GTA V, and Monster Hunter...
  4. Series X controller not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Series X controller not recognized: Hi, as stated in the title when i connect my new controller via bluetooth it is not recognized by games as an xbox controller. I upgraded it with the xbox accessories app and i have my win10 up to date. I also tried to re-pair with the pc multiple times....
  5. Xbox series S/X controller won't work wirelessly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox series S/X controller won't work wirelessly: The controller seems to only be working when it's connected via USB. Bluetooth connected, drivers and firmware updated. I had to plug the controller in order for Xbox Accessories app to recognize it and update the firmware. As soon as I unplugged the USB cable from the...
  6. Series X Controller Weird Bluetooth Issues on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Series X Controller Weird Bluetooth Issues on PC: Hi all, Hope someone can help me with some very weird issues I have on my series x controller on Win10 as I am at my wit's end. When connected via Bluetooth, the button input in some non-steam games are all mixed-up A button being X, right stick click = menu etc.. Steam...
  7. Xbox series x controller not being recognized by pc

Xbox series x controller not being recognized by pc: I got an xbox series x controller to use for my pc. I try to plug it in to the usb port and the controller does a quick rumble, but the pc never recognizes it and it never connects. The xbox accessories app doesnt detect it either. I am using windows 10, and it says...
  8. Xbox series X Controller to Windows 10

Xbox series X Controller to Windows 10: What Bluetooth will I need to use to connect to windows 10? Bluetooth 4.0, 4.2 or 5? I don't want to buy the xbox usb adapter as it probably has company tax and I can get the same thing for more than half the price. submitted by /u/Agonizingfool3000 [link] [comments]...
  9. Series X Controller Issues

Series X Controller Issues: Hi, I’m posting here out of desperation but hopefully something gets brought up that I haven’t tried yet. My situation is as follows: I bought a Series X controller to use with my PC and I’m aware there’s an issue with Windows 10 right now where it works fine wired but does...
  10. Xbox Series X controller wireless not working with windows 10

Xbox Series X controller wireless not working with windows 10: Xbox Series X controller is successfully paired however within game any game there is no input from the controller. If I connect via cable then I do get input. Paired several times to no avail. I have the latest windows 10 updates and there is no update for the controller...