Windows 10: Serious bluetooth issues

Discus and support Serious bluetooth issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have some serious problems with my bluetooth gear. 1. Connecting my headphones while im playing a game causes windows to crash completely (windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cerawy, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Cerawy Win User

Serious bluetooth issues

I have some serious problems with my bluetooth gear.

1. Connecting my headphones while im playing a game causes windows to crash completely (windows basically freezes) and I have to log out or reboot my computer.

2. Windows refuses to connect my headphones after a fresh install. I have installed the latest bluetooth drivers from broadcom. (This was solved by enabling the background intelligent transfer service in services.msc. I had to browse through hours of useless answers from microsoft customer service to find this. Apparently, windows 10 has the bluetooth driver management service enabled by default, which allows you to pair your bluetooth headphones. But it doesn't have the background intelligent transfer service enabled, which seems to be required to connect bluetooth headphones. So make sure to have both services enabled in services.msc. This is a combination of bad software design and incompetent customer support.)

3. Windows is refusing to let me use my bluetooth keyboard. Windows doesn't find it sometimes when its powered on. After about 2 hours of trying to connect my keyboard, windows sometimes finds it if im lucky, then asks me for a pairing code, without giving me a pairing code. Windows then refuses to connect my keyboard to my computer because windows wants a pairing code without showing what the pairing code is, basically preventing me from using my keyboard. This is insanely frustrating.
    Serious bluetooth issues [​IMG]

4. My headphones doesn't automatically connect when I power them on. I have to go to control panel, click sound and right click on the headphones and connect them manually everytime I boot my pc. (This seems to have solved itself, I'm not sure what the solution was.)

5. Sometimes there is no sound in my headpones if i power them on while playing a game on steam or watching a video on youtube. I have to restart the game or refresh the video to get the sound to work.

My PC is a Lenovo K450.
    My bluetooth usb adapter is a belkin usb bluetooth 4.0 adapter.
    My headphones is a pair of harman kardon soho wireless.
    My keyboard is anker ultra compact bluetooth keyboard, previous keyboard was anker t300 bluetooth keyboard.
    System specs are in my profile.

:)

Cerawy, Apr 18, 2017
  2. subjeevan Win User

Nokia 701 Serious bluetooth issue

I am having nokia 701 mobile. i had recently updated my mobile and its current software version is 111.020.0307, it is giving error while sending or receiving sending failed / receiving failed.

Sometime i can send file through ftp even if its size is 20 mb, but most of the time say 98% time i get error in between 4% and 8%. percentage varries that is not fixed.. Please tell me what to do as i reinstalled the software version through ovi suite and
    did hard reset too but still the problem is same. Is it hardware issue or software issue..... Please all Nokia 701 user do let me know how many of you facing same issue and do let know if your friend who having same phone is facing same issue or not....................

i am hoping for Nokia expert advice as soon as possible....

subjeevan, Apr 18, 2017
  3. Carltabi Win User
    Nokia 701 Serious bluetooth issue

Hi subjeevan

Welcome to the forum and your contribution is highly valued.

The FTP application or SW is not part of the phone and therefore will be considered to be from a third party source.

The presumption that its a Bluetooth issue can be address by taking it to your local care point for a check.

I hope this will solve your query.

Regards

Carl

Carltabi, Apr 18, 2017
  4. Serious bluetooth issues

You say this has been happening for YEAR'S? If its been going on for that long I would have to think its related to your motherboard. Might be time to get a new machine. Does it do this right after a O.S. install or re-install? Have you tried uncoupling all your Bluetooth devices and recoupling them? Have you updated your BIO'S and/or chipset? You could try a system file check, but if its been going on for that long I really think it's probably organic in nature.

Run SFC Command in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Some system spec.'s might help us to determine any other causes ...........

indianacarnie, Apr 18, 2017
  5. Cerawy Win User
    Is there a quickfix to permanently disable the duplicate headset as well as the headset in recording devices? Because that is what's causing the most problems, it creates a really annoying echo and disabling them causes windows to freeze/crash, and even if I should somehow manage to disable them windows will enable them again without my permission. The only way I can get sound in my bluetooth headphones is by turning them on, going into audio devices, disabling the duplicate headset, disabling the headset in recording devices and then rebooting my computer. I have to go through this everytime I want to use my bluetooth headphones.

Cerawy, Apr 19, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    You should be able to disable the sound adapter built onto the motherboard via a setting in the BIOS. I know the computers I've had to deal with and their onboard Ethernet/NIC adapters had that setting, useful when using an add-in card instead, kept Windows from finding the onboard..

Berton, Apr 19, 2017
  7. Cerawy Win User
    I think I might have solved some of the problems by disabling nvidia high definition audio, realtek high definition audio and the duplicate pair of headphones in windows device manager..

I checked the bios but I don't see any options like that.
    Yes, it happens after reinstalling windows, and I have tried uncoupling my bluetooth devices many times. I have the latest chipset drivers, but I don't know how to update my bios. I could try and test the headphones on my laptop if you want?

Cerawy, Apr 26, 2017
  8. Cerawy Win User

Serious bluetooth issues

I just tested this problem with my laptop and the problem is the same..

Cerawy, Jun 8, 2017
  9. Cerawy Win User
    still got these problems

Cerawy, Jun 16, 2017
  10. Cerawy Win User
    bumping.. in serious need of help

Cerawy, Jun 16, 2017
  11. Cerawy Win User
    I bought another bluetooth keyboard, same problem. Windows refuses to connect the keyboard. Seems like I need a way to completely disable the system with pairing codes to be able to connect my bluetooth keyboard.

Cerawy, Jun 24, 2017
  12. Cerawy Win User
    I think I may have solved this. I disabled all the sound drivers that I do not use in device management because they were seriously conflicting. I also bought a new pair of bluetooth headphones, harman kardon soho wireless. I can connect my headphones to my PC now by simply clicking the bluetooth button one time. Update: nevermind, didn't solve the problems.

Cerawy, Jun 24, 2017
  13. Cerawy Win User

Serious bluetooth issues

I think this has been solved with the creators update. I just tried to connect the bluetooth keyboard again and it connects and works. I went into bluetooth and searched for new devices, windows found it, i typed the passcode and windows said there was a problem connecting the keyboard and then it worked, which doesn't make any sense but it works regardless. Anyway, I'd like to avoid this problem in the future so is there a way to disable passcodes for bluetooth devices?

Cerawy, Aug 15, 2017
  14. fireberd Win User
    There can, apparently, be issues with what rev level the Bluetooth is. I have a Toshiba laptop that came with Win 8.1 It has been upgraded to Win 10 Home with Creators Upgrade. My wife has a new model Cricut craft cutting machine and it will not connect to the Toshiba (with the correct 0000 code). I just got a new Dell laptop and the Cricut connects without problems on the new Dell.

fireberd, Aug 15, 2017
  15. Cerawy Win User
    I just want to disable the passcode because its pointless for me personally and i want to avoid this problem in the future.

Cerawy, Aug 15, 2017
Thema:

Serious bluetooth issues

1. Serious bluetooth issues - Similar Threads - Serious bluetooth issues

2. Serious Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Serious Issue: Hi,I was trying to reset my PC yesterday but it got stuck at 39% for over 2 hours, then the power got cutted off. After I re-charged my PC, it showed me option to choose operating system for 2 times and later it restarted and got stucked in blinking page. Now it just turns on...
  3. Serious Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serious Issue: Hi,I was trying to reset my PC yesterday but it got stuck at 39% for over 2 hours, then the power got cutted off. After I re-charged my PC, it showed me option to choose operating system for 2 times and later it restarted and got stucked in blinking page. Now it just turns on...
  4. Serious Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Serious Microphone Issue

Serious Microphone Issue: My microphone no matter which one I use always plays back what I've said, but with an echo effect. I can only stop it from doing it if I disable complete access to the microphone, like if the microphone didn't exist.Apparently, what causes this is a host process of Windows...
  6. Serious Bluetooth issues after updating to W11 from W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serious Bluetooth issues after updating to W11 from W10: Windows 11 21H2 updated from Windows 10on an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop i7-9700In W10, I had no trouble with BluetoothAfter Update to W11 = major Bluetooth IssuesBluetooth devices all get easily recognised and connected to W11W11 shows the device is connected = and the device...
  7. Serious Bluetooth issues after updating to W11 from W10

Serious Bluetooth issues after updating to W11 from W10: Windows 11 21H2 updated from Windows 10on an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop i7-9700In W10, I had no trouble with BluetoothAfter Update to W11 = major Bluetooth IssuesBluetooth devices all get easily recognised and connected to W11W11 shows the device is connected = and the device...
  8. Serious performance issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Serious performance issues: Hey all. I need some help fixing some major performance issues. I'm running the 1909 version of windows and before the KB....799 update my laptop was running just fine but after it downloaded I couldn't run anything. I play guitar through programs on my laptop and they...
  9. Serious Bluetooth Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Serious Bluetooth Issues: Just got a new PC - HP Z2 Mini G3 Workstation. Bluetooth hasn't been able to connect any devices since I got the computer. I have made sure the settings are turned on and everything is discoverable, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, messed with the Bluetooth support...
  10. Serious USB issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Serious USB issue: Okay, i have this sims gaming headphonehttps://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-S.../dp/B00LIW8I2Q the problem is my computer detects this headphone only once if i unplug and replug it shows me "usb device not recognized " and i have tried all solutions posted online but it just...