Windows 10: Serious Defender Problems

Discus and support Serious Defender Problems in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Defender is broken at the moment. See the thread below since you might want to limit PC use until MS fix it. Windows Security Virus Scan 154421 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve C, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

Serious Defender Problems

Defender is broken at the moment. See the thread below since you might want to limit PC use until MS fix it.

Windows Security Virus Scan

:)

Steve C, Apr 16, 2020

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 23, 2020
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, May 23, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Problem starting Windows Defender

Hi,

Software conflicts can sometimes prevent apps like Windows Defender from loading. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?
    • Did you get any error messages? If yes, please post a screenshot.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to this

article

Since you mentioned that Windows Defender was missing under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft, follow these steps to create it:

• Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft folder in
      Registry Editor.
    • Right-click the Microsoft folder.
    • Click New > Key.
    • Rename it to Windows Defender.
    • To create the DisableAntiSpyware entry as suggested by the forum article, right-click your newly-created Windows Defender folder.
    • Click New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    • Name it DisableAntiSpyware and set the value to 0.
    • Restart your computer.

We look forward to your response and the result of the troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Serious Defender Problems - Similar Threads - Serious Defender Problems

2. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  3. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  4. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have a serious problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a serious problem.: Hello, somy laptop has a problem, everytime it heats up it lags when its cold the pc runs fineand my friends told me that the laptop's fan is automatic-ly opened when the tempreture is high and it make noise buti dont hear my fan does it need me to clean it? or it needs an...
  6. Some serious problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some serious problems: Dear Microsoft, I got windows 10 again not long ago Everything worked out well first day when i found an update that gives me a driver for display i needed Update Done! Windows 10 started acting pretty weird as it started to mess with RAM memory. -Ammount of memory i...
  7. A few serious problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A few serious problems: sooo i got a few serious problems that i can't fix them and i really need help soo i hope u will do :' sorry it's french i don't know even how to change the lang to english :/ oke let's see 1 - the windows defender [ATTACH] when i tap in Activate it won't activate idk...
  8. SERIOUS HELP WITH MICROSOFT DEFENDER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SERIOUS HELP WITH MICROSOFT DEFENDER: HI so 15 mins ago my laptp said microsoft defender is turned off i tried to turn it on but it wont and says your IT has not given u enough permissions to views all apps idk what is that that appeared the first time while i go to that page before too! and then i restarted my...
  9. Serious login problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Serious login problem: Hello. My computer has been waiting on the welcome screen for approximately 15 minutes after entering the pin on the login screen. I tried to reset it twice. The process was interrupted. Today, I noticed that the computer was connected to the internet when it was off. It was...
  10. Serious problem with folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Serious problem with folders: Windows 10 will not let me rename a folder. I can create one, which it labels "new folder" but it wont' let me change the name. It won't let me change the name of an existing folder. Gives me error ox80004005. What's up with that?...