Windows 10: SERIOUS ISSUE After Fixing Teredo for Xbox Games! My Network broke itself.

Discus and support SERIOUS ISSUE After Fixing Teredo for Xbox Games! My Network broke itself. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iSlayTryhards_ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iSlayTryhards_, Jul 24, 2020.

1. SERIOUS ISSUE After Fixing Teredo for Xbox Games! My Network broke itself.

/u/iSlayTryhards_, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Cpt Salt Win User

Windows 10| Xbox One Teredo Address not Found when Starting a Game.

So this has never happened to me before and it's quite annoying. I'm using the Windows 10 Xbox app and I cannot use the party chat feature as I'm having a network error and that's because my Teredo disappears when starting up a game but reappears when my PC is idle, which means I can use chat.

SERIOUS ISSUE After Fixing Teredo for Xbox Games! My Network broke itself. [​IMG]

As you can see, my Teredo address is there and I can use all of the features that require it, but the moment I start up any game, like Dark Souls 3 or Need for Speed, it just vanishes into thin air, like it was never there in the first place any I get disconnected from the party chat.

SERIOUS ISSUE After Fixing Teredo for Xbox Games! My Network broke itself. [​IMG]

I have gone to the Microsoft help pages to try and fix this, such as going through the admin command prompt and disabling it, to then uninstall it through the device manager and then reinstalling it after a restart and enabling it again through the command prompt.

My Windows Firewall is on as it has to be on for Teredo to work and apparently, if "The Teredo IP address is only necessary to take advantage of the Xbox Live multiplayer and party chat features. If your game does not use the Xbox Live service, you’ll want to consult that game’s support site for help on chat and multiplayer issues." this is stupid, I've been using party chat and running my games through the Steam app since last December and never had this issue before and now I suddenly can't use the two together.

All I know is that Teredurp creates a new Internet Protocol Version 6 and I have a feeling that maybe Steam and the Xbox app are clashing, I have no idea but it's stupid that I need like a degree in IT just to run a game and use the Xbox party chat at the same time and even though I wouldn't mind going through a system wipe to clear up my hard-drive, I don't really feel like re-downloading everything as I can't be bothered to back-up important documents if that what is required to fix this issue.

If anyone is able to elaborate on the problem or if someone has a fix, I would greatly appreciate the help.
    Thanks. *Biggrin

Cpt Salt, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Teredo unable to qualify?

Here is a link to the old thread where I was working on something similar.

I copied what I had found at that time below:

Here is what I did to switch my NAT Type from Moderate to Open:

• First I switched my Teredo port:
      • netsh interface Teredo set state type=enterpriseclient clientport=3074
    • In Windows, open All Settings - Gaming - Xbox Networking (not in the Xbox app)
    • At an Administrator Command Prompt:
      • netsh interface Teredo set state type=client
    • Back in Settings Xbox Networking, hit the Fix It button
      • Check again button should show not working
    • Back at Command Prompt:
      • netsh interface Teredo set state type=enterpriseclient
    • Now click on Check again button in Settings - Gaming - Xbox Networking
      • Mine has now switched NAT Type from Moderate to Open
      • Same shows in the Xbox app

Don Cuthbert, Jul 27, 2020
  4. SERIOUS ISSUE After Fixing Teredo for Xbox Games! My Network broke itself.

My NAT type says "Teredo is unable to qualify"

Hi Kole,

You may receive the error message Teredo is unable to qualify
    if your PC is unable to obtain a Teredo IP address. Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network
    address translation (NAT). To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link

If you have already done those steps as you mentioned in your description, you may proceed to open the network ports and setting a static Teredo port by following the steps on this

link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

SERIOUS ISSUE After Fixing Teredo for Xbox Games! My Network broke itself.

1. SERIOUS ISSUE After Fixing Teredo for Xbox Games! My Network broke itself. - Similar Threads - SERIOUS ISSUE Fixing

2. How to fix Teredo is unable to qualify issue in Xbox App?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix Teredo is unable to qualify issue in Xbox App?: I was trying to play Forza horizon 4 multiplayer and I cannot connect to the server. I tried some fixes watching some youtube video but that didn't work. When I type this in cmd >Netsh Int Teredo Show State This is what comes up: Type : client Server Name :...
  3. Having serious Teredo issues. need help!!!

Having serious Teredo issues. need help!!!: hello! so this will be a long post. i am having issues playing online games through the xbox app. more specifically i got gamepass and downloaded Forza Horizon 4. the game works ok except for any online play. I simply cant access it. my computer is a Dell g7 running windows...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Teredo HELP

Xbox Game Bar Teredo HELP: Ok so after all sorts of Teredo issues and not being able to join Xbox parties through the Game Bar on PC, I've finally managed to get it working and Teredo connected as the Xbox Windows 10 settings show in one of the images below. But then I immediately opened up the Game...
  5. Serious Xbox one drivers issues

Serious Xbox one drivers issues: Hello, I'm having the XBOX ACC drivers issue with the neweat wireless reciever for XboxOne controller. I cannot install drivers (even manually), I followed every guide on the internet but drivers just don't seem to install. OS is Windows 10. Please help if you solved this...
  6. Xbox server and Teredo connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox server and Teredo connectivity issues: I have Windows 10, ver 10.0.19041 with no more updates available Ive owned Forza Horizon 4 on PC for over a year now and I have never been able to connect to the online services at all, ever. The most is does online is it compares how many billboard signs I've destroyed or...
  7. My computer broke itself overnight??? (Network Adapters)

My computer broke itself overnight??? (Network Adapters): I can't connect to the internet on my computer anymore (using my phone). I tried everything I could find online like messing around with a few commands in command prompt, deleting network devices from Device Managers and scanning hardware changes. The only adapter present are...
  8. Xbox Games Pass and Win 10 Teredo issue?

Xbox Games Pass and Win 10 Teredo issue?: I'm on Windows 10 and its currently up to date (yes firewall is on) I have followed numerous archived posts as well as youtube videos. I have messed with the registry, reset parameters, downloaded the xbox companion as opposed to their current beta interface. I'm pulling my...
  9. Xbox Networking - "Teredo is unable to qualify"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Networking - "Teredo is unable to qualify": Hello, I have an issue with Windows 10 that is not allowing me to join Xbox parties. I have tried everything on this guide: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/troubleshoot-party-chat and I have checked my internet router settings. At this...
  10. Xbox Networking (blocked/Teredo unqualified)

Xbox Networking (blocked/Teredo unqualified): Edit: Noticed from netsh interface Teredo show state I noticed the "Type" returns as disabled and "State" as offline. Not seeing a Teredo Tunneling Adapter under Device Manager (hidden devices shown). Settings > Xbox Networking shows NAT Type is unqualified and Server...