Windows 10: Serious issues trying to factory reset. Unable to do it when logged in and when i do shift...

Discus and support Serious issues trying to factory reset. Unable to do it when logged in and when i do shift... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ged77 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxvxwn/serious_issues_trying_to_factory_reset_unable_to/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ged77, Apr 9, 2020.

1. /u/Ged77 Win User

Serious issues trying to factory reset. Unable to do it when logged in and when i do shift...

/u/Ged77, Apr 9, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 10, 2020
  3. I can not reset my google password

Two step works for me if your phone info is the same as it was you should be able to recover it.

Brokenarrow, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Serious issues trying to factory reset. Unable to do it when logged in and when i do shift...

Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Serious issues trying to factory reset. Unable to do it when logged in and when i do shift...

1. Serious issues trying to factory reset. Unable to do it when logged in and when i do shift... - Similar Threads - Serious issues trying

2. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors while trying to do a factory reset!: I’m unable to factory reset my laptop! Please help, 2 errors pop up, 1- Reset this PC “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” 2- error 193 DISM log cannot be found An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located...
  3. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Errors while trying to do a factory reset!: I’m unable to factory reset my laptop! Please help, 2 errors pop up, 1- Reset this PC “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” 2- error 193 DISM log cannot be found An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located...
  4. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to do a factory reset when can't plug in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to do a factory reset when can't plug in laptop: Hello,I have a Windows 11 laptop that stopped charging, but I have about four or five hours of batter power left. I need to bring the laptop into the repair shop to find out why it won't charge, but I must remove all my files and do a factory restore beforehand, which it...
  6. How to do a factory reset when can't plug in laptop

How to do a factory reset when can't plug in laptop: Hello,I have a Windows 11 laptop that stopped charging, but I have about four or five hours of batter power left. I need to bring the laptop into the repair shop to find out why it won't charge, but I must remove all my files and do a factory restore beforehand, which it...
  7. PC crash when I try to factory reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash when I try to factory reset it: My PC is not factory resetting for some reason,I got a virus on my PC a while back so i decided it was best that I factory reset it and I tried but It didn't work . When I tried it using troubleshoot using shift click on reset button it went in to an error screen and when I...
  8. PC crash when I try to factory reset it

PC crash when I try to factory reset it: My PC is not factory resetting for some reason,I got a virus on my PC a while back so i decided it was best that I factory reset it and I tried but It didn't work . When I tried it using troubleshoot using shift click on reset button it went in to an error screen and when I...
  9. PC crash when I try to factory reset it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 10 doing a "factory reset" when I restart it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 doing a "factory reset" when I restart it: I left my computer running last night and when I got back to it the next morning, the screen was completely white. I couldn't do anything so I turned it off with the button on the keyboard. When I turned it on again and logged it, it said that there was trouble logging in and...