Windows 10: SERIOUS PROBLEM: HDD Making Noise?

Discus and support SERIOUS PROBLEM: HDD Making Noise? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I was just cleaning out my PC tower when I accidentally dropped my phone on the HDD that stores all my data... Now, 10 minutes later it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NiceAndShy, Jan 31, 2019.

1. SERIOUS PROBLEM: HDD Making Noise?

Hi all,

I was just cleaning out my PC tower when I accidentally dropped my phone on the HDD that stores all my data... Now, 10 minutes later it's making this "wheezing" noise that I've never heard it make before.

Is there anything I can do to check if it has been damaged?

I already have HD Tune installed so it'd be great if I could do something with this to check.

Thank you!

:)

NiceAndShy, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Huxley2k7 Win User

SERIOUS PROBLEM: HDD Making Noise?

New HDD making odd noises?

My fairly new HDD (OEM WD5000 AAKS) has been making funny noises! Recently it became really noticeable when running EVE Online for the first time. I've never played the game before, but during the character selection screen, simply highlighting the 'Choose your race' button was causing what i think is the HDD to make weird whizzing/whisking noises. As soon as i moved my mouse off said button, the noise stopped. I could literally move it on, off, on off with the same results. Noise on, noise off. Like that part of the HDD disk being read caused the noise.

I'm worried... It does make this noise with other programs, like just during general play, but not usually as noisy as it was just now in EVE when merely highlighting a button. I haven't been experiencing any noticeable performance issues, slowdowns or anything. Bootup is pretty quick, the WinXP logo shows about 2-4 bars before entering Windows, programs load up nicely and i regularly maintain the HDD with Diskeeper and other maintenance procedures.

Does this mean the HDD is dying, or is that noise just normal? Is there a way i can stop it? I saw some reviews saying that the HDD can be noisy, and enabling Acousting Management would stop this, yet i can't find the option in Bios.

It's OEM too, so i don't think there's any warranty.

Your thoughts please peeps...

Huxley2k7, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

SERIOUS PROBLEM: HDD Making Noise?

1. SERIOUS PROBLEM: HDD Making Noise? - Similar Threads - SERIOUS PROBLEM HDD

2. HDD making Loud Spinning Noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD making Loud Spinning Noise: Hello,I have an Asus X571GT laptop.Two days ago, I start my day waking my laptop from sleep/hibernate mode, and go shower.I come back from the shower and I hear my HDD making a LOUD WHIRLING noise. Coming from the bottom right of the laptop. Picture attachedAs of the fan is...
  3. HDD making Loud Spinning Noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD making Loud Spinning Noise: Hello,I have an Asus X571GT laptop.Two days ago, I start my day waking my laptop from sleep/hibernate mode, and go shower.I come back from the shower and I hear my HDD making a LOUD WHIRLING noise. Coming from the bottom right of the laptop. Picture attachedAs of the fan is...
  4. HDD making Loud Spinning Noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  6. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  7. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Speakers Make Noise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speakers Make Noise: I am a Windows 10 user. All of a sudden this happens anytime anywhere I am in the system my speakers make noise. Can anyone help with this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-make-noise/f6e9a455-bf0a-4bad-b553-75bfe6c3d42a
  9. Windows makes problem with HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows makes problem with HDD: I am for some reason no longer able to copy any files into my external hard drive with my Laptop on Windows 7. But I know that it has nothing to do with the HDD itself, since I can use my iPad or my PS4 to copy files in it. Only my Laptop no longer allows me to write in the...
  10. About HDD Noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    About HDD Noise: I got these type of noises from where my HDD located (HDD No:- WD10JPVX-60JC3T0). Does anyone have any idea what type of sound is this? (like, clicking noise, head stuck noise, torn head noise, platter scratch noise, etc) When the system boots up:-...