Windows 10: SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful?

Discus and support SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I did some searching and I couldn't find an answer... I was wanting to reboot my Windows 10 PC right now and allow it to finish installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NiceAndShy, Dec 4, 2020.

1. SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful?

Hi all,

I did some searching and I couldn't find an answer...

I was wanting to reboot my Windows 10 PC right now and allow it to finish installing the "Windows 10 November 2020 Cumulative Update" but it seems like we had a power failure during the night so the Windows 10 PC has updated itself.

Since I didn't reboot it myself I'm VERY worried that the "Windows 10 November 2020 Cumulative Update" didn't install successfully.

How can I check that the "Windows 10 November 2020 Cumulative Update" installed successfully?

I'm really desperate for some help.

Thank you.

:)

NiceAndShy, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 4, 2020
  4. SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful?

Windows Update problem

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As Gerry is working on the dump files, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists then,

Step 3: I suggest you to try the steps from the link to
    Reset Windows Update components and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you
    follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful?

1. SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful? - Similar Threads - SERIOUS PROBLEM check

2. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  3. Windows 10 update SERIOUS PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update SERIOUS PROBLEM: The last update messed up my system. My graphics card drivers are nowhere to be found and I can't install new drivers because your "wonderful" update made my graphics card hidden.It gets better...I can't open Device Manager so I can search for the graphics card because "App...
  4. update causes serious problems

update causes serious problems: After an update yesterday nothing works normal -i can not open onedrive files - the EDGE browser crashes all the time -In the settings menu i can not choose anything, so i can not choose "recovery" - i can not send mails - some icons in the taskbar are disappeared,...
  5. Serious Problems With Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Serious Problems With Windows 10: I make my living as a business development, proposal management/development, and marketing communications consultant. I must have dependable Internet service 24 hours a day, without my computer software messing up...as Windows 10 has done since I first loaded it! When...
  6. SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful?

SERIOUS PROBLEM: How to check if Windows 10 Update was successful?: Hi all, I did some searching and I couldn't find an answer... I was wanting to reboot my Windows 10 PC right now and allow it to finish installing the "Windows 10 November 2020 Cumulative Update" but it seems like we had a power failure during the night so the Windows 10 PC...
  7. A serious problem on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    A serious problem on windows 10: Hey, I do not know what happened, but I'm not able to open the setting on my windows 10 anymore Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem-on-windows-10/7e37d896-bb6f-4f70-aeb4-a4198f98ffed
  8. Windows 10 Serious Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Serious Problem: Hi, I'm just gonna cut to the chase. Ive had this problem for about a week now where in the middle of doing something a fullscreen unclosable (website?) Pops up where i can move the mouse around but not click on anything. Nothing has worked to get rid of it except completely...
  9. Microsoft Windows 10 serious problem

Microsoft Windows 10 serious problem: Hi, I have a serious problem that already made me loose work a few times. W10 seems to have total control about when will it reboot itself, as I can't force it to only reboot when I allow. First of all this seems abusive behavior and on the other hand, it made me loose...
  10. How To Check if Windows 10 Update Was Successful?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Check if Windows 10 Update Was Successful?: Sorry to be creating a thread on this, but this is important because it involves Windows Update. My Windows 10 PC was just about to restart and complete the install of the newest Windows 10 Update, but I accidentally cancelled the restart. I then tried to restart it by...