Windows 10: Serious problems with Calendar and Draft emails

Discus and support Serious problems with Calendar and Draft emails in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; MS Support was contacted 4 times in June, 4 in July, and 4 in August to correct a number of problems. The issues in August went to 3rd level support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertWatson2, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Serious problems with Calendar and Draft emails

MS Support was contacted 4 times in June, 4 in July, and 4 in August to correct a number of problems. The issues in August went to 3rd level support and the final action was their reinstalling Windows 10 on my PC.

With this, the problems still have not been solved. Calendar entries will not allow edits within same initial entry actions for time or subject; work around (which MS gave me - meaning they have a problem with no solution) is to touch cursor at bottom of page to get it to allow completing the calendar notice.

Edits or completions of draft emails that have been saved are not consistently permitted/does not work. Message when trying to save - administrator not recognized..

I've given up and work around this. The inability to edits/continue from a draft email is a major productivity problem.

:)

RobertWatson2, Sep 3, 2019

2. WP10 is not saving body of draft emails

When typing an email and interrupted, then returning to that email in drafts, the To: address remains as well as the topic, but the body of the draft email does not appear.

Is there a save button that I've been missing? Or some steps I'm doing wrong?

What a pain!

Phil.

scadaman29325 R2, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Draft Emails Disappearing in Windows Mail

Hi,

An outdated Mail app is one of the possible causes why the Draft folder is not working properly. To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

Method 1: Remove and re-add your account. Here's how:

• Go to Start menu
      and open Mail.

• At the bottom of the left navigation pane, select
      Serious problems with Calendar and Draft emails 9f8ebfea-62ec-479d-b9ca-c54496a6ead0.png

Serious problems with Calendar and Draft emails a77010aa-10f1-4aa5-9539-9bd24ee0ea8d.png

• Select Manage Accounts.

• Select the account your want to remove, and select Delete account from this device.

• Add the account again. For more information, see Set up email
      in Mail for Windows 10

Method 2: Run for Windows Update. Go to Startmenu, and select Settings > Update and security > Check
    for updates

Method 3: Reset the app. Please follow these steps:

• Go to Start menu, and select Settings > Apps > Mail and Calendar.

• Select Advanced options > Reset.
    Note: Please save your credentials and important data. Resetting the app will go back to it's default state.

For more information, you may refer to the Troubleshooting Mail and
    Calendar apps for Windows 10
    article.

After doing the said steps, please try to recreate your concern and check if the test messages will be stored in Draft folder.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

-If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.-

Raymond Ave, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Serious problems with Calendar and Draft emails

Why did my email draft disappear?

If I click on what looks like the Windows logo in the lower left corner of my screen and select "Mail", or if I click on the little envelope at the bottom of the screen, a blue rectangle comes up with a little envelope in the center. I get a list of emails.
    I just happen to be using Yahoo. If I select an email I can reply to it, or, if it is a draft, I can add to it. In some cases, I am working on one of these emails for a long time, adding to it occasionally, when the computer freezes, or perhaps just the email
    draft freezes. I can't type anything. Sometimes there is a rotating blue circle. The problem only clears up if I click on the little envelope. But then the blue rectangle comes up again, meaning I have to hope the draft is still there. Even if I recognize
    the first few words in the list of emails on the left side, sometimes what is there disappears after I call up the draft to continue working on it, and when that happens, the familiar words disappear in the list. I don't understand what happened to my draft.

KramdenAntiVirus, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Serious problems with Calendar and Draft emails

1. Serious problems with Calendar and Draft emails - Similar Threads - Serious problems Calendar

2. retrieve emails in Draft and Deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    retrieve emails in Draft and Deleted: How can retrieve emails saved in Draft folder and Deleted emails outlook 2007 somehow they have disappeared have tried Archieved , without success, I have IMAP thank you ....
  3. retrieve emails in Draft and Deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    retrieve emails in Draft and Deleted: How can retrieve emails saved in Draft folder and Deleted emails outlook 2007 somehow they have disappeared have tried Archieved , without success, I have IMAP thank you ....
  4. retrieve emails in Draft and Deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  6. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A serious problem: My laptop is switched on but then my screen is still black and I don’t know what is happening Can someone help me with any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-serious-problem/67266ddc-8d99-482a-a25e-35132fd90fa3
  7. A serious problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Email draft Disappeared While Typing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email draft Disappeared While Typing: While I was in the process of typing on a very long email draft I looked up at the screen on my pc and everything was gone except the last 3 words I had just typed. I have been working on the email for 2 days. So I have had no problems going back to my draft and adding to it....
  9. Email draft Disappeared While Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email draft Disappeared While Typing: While I was in the process of typing on a very long email draft I looked up at the screen on my pc and everything was gone except the last 3 words I had just typed. I have been working on the email for 2 days. So I have had no problems going back to my draft and adding to it....
  10. sending email are saved in draft folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    sending email are saved in draft folder: Good morning. I noticed that when I send messages through the '' windows mail '' application while it shows being sent, when I go to outllook.com they are stored in the draft(or clipboard,i don't how we translate in english). What happens?...