Windows 10: Serious Updates Question

Discus and support Serious Updates Question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have blocked every Win 10 Update for at least the last two months with the exception of Defender Updates and MS Office App updates. I read horror... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rebop, Jun 28, 2020.

1. rebop Win User

Serious Updates Question

I have blocked every Win 10 Update for at least the last two months with the exception of Defender Updates and MS Office App updates. I read horror stories. I'm sure we all do. I could provide a list, but I think you likely know all the ones I am referring to.

Are there any updates not only safe but that I should install? Can I assume that there will be newer, fixed versions of what I have hidden so I should not concern myself with even the 2004 Feature Update?And where is the absolute best place to follow these updates?

Thanks!
    Version 1909

:)

rebop, Jun 28, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Serious Updates Question

Updates are a less serious matter to deal with than feature updates, as you'll know.

The best indication of a digital blessing is to see all issues listed designated as resolved- or none listed.
    See articles in the News section.

They can be uninstalled more readily, so I usually accept them.
    I hold off on feature updates for a couple of reasons, and sometimes skip an entire build. First, let the flak settle until at least the first major update is out. Second, it takes a couple of months for one program I use to be updated for compatibility.

Example: 1909 was a readily uninstallable 'enablement' package which could be uninstalled like a CU. I tried that- very rapidly found file explorer search had been rendered useless, and uninstalled the 'update' from the control panel. Still with 1903 for now.

dalchina, Jun 28, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Serious Updates Question :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 28, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Serious Updates Question

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Serious Updates Question

1. Serious Updates Question - Similar Threads - Serious Updates Question

2. A serious question about conducts and proper practices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A serious question about conducts and proper practices: Ok, this is gonna be a pretty wild thread but clearly some companies are even wilder, and I'm gonna copy and paste it as your employees/bots will instantly close any thread that is in any way related to misconduct or corruption in this company, Microsoft conveniently doesn't...
  3. A serious question about conducts and proper practices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A serious question about conducts and proper practices: Ok, this is gonna be a pretty wild thread but clearly some companies are even wilder, and I'm gonna copy and paste it as your employees/bots will instantly close any thread that is in any way related to misconduct or corruption in this company, Microsoft conveniently doesn't...
  4. Seriously?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seriously?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/koskenjuho [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/spzevv/seriously/
  5. update causes serious problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update causes serious problems: After an update yesterday nothing works normal -i can not open onedrive files - the EDGE browser crashes all the time -In the settings menu i can not choose anything, so i can not choose "recovery" - i can not send mails - some icons in the taskbar are disappeared,...
  6. Serious Updates Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Serious Updates Question: I have blocked every Win 10 Update for at least the last two months with the exception of Defender Updates and MS Office App updates. I read horror stories. I'm sure we all do. I could provide a list, but I think you likely know all the ones I am referring to. Are there any...
  7. Serious Facebook Messenger virus/hack question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Serious Facebook Messenger virus/hack question: Hi, This is an important question... If you do now know the answer who might I contact about this? The situation: There was a Facebook messenger video that I received from 1 friend then forwarded to approx. 20+ other friends some individually some in groups. One of my...
  8. A very serious question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A very serious question: ok I have a real problem I use both Microsoft and android I downloaded an app called N-Track 9 on my android but its not available on Microsoft but Microsoft do have the N-Track guitar tuner which I find crazy. ow can you have a plugin for the app but not the app itself?...
  9. Serious question about realtek audio drivers ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Serious question about realtek audio drivers ???: so guys over here MSI USA - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more a so called new driver has been posted for my audio realtek high def, but whats so wired about this is that it is a lower version of the audio driver i got from realtek this month....
  10. Serious Question: How To Record Sound?

in Windows 10 Support
    Serious Question: How To Record Sound?: Sorry to be creating a thread, but I need some help from the knowledgeable I.T experts here! I have a song here that plays within an app on my Windows 10 PC. However, I want to create an .MP3 file of this song so I can play it in Windows Media Player on my PC. How...