Windows 10: Seriously can't add the Photos app as a shortcut??

Discus and support Seriously can't add the Photos app as a shortcut?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Going through setup process of new laptop. The Photos app actually looks good and is something I want to be reminded of y having a shortcut on the home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexMcGuinness, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Seriously can't add the Photos app as a shortcut??

Going through setup process of new laptop. The Photos app actually looks good and is something I want to be reminded of y having a shortcut on the home screen, but Help tells me that this isn't possible for some apps.

is this serious? Microsoft create something worth using but then make sure it's never seen again by hiding it in the start menu????

:)

AlexMcGuinness, Aug 4, 2019

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 29, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Seriously can't add the Photos app as a shortcut??

Hi Alex

Find the Photos App on your Start Menu, then just click and drag that onto your Desktop, that will create a Desktop Shortcut . . .

You can do this for any application on your Start Menu!

DaveM121, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Maria Fab Win User

Windows 10 Photo Gallery shortcut

Hi Robert,

To create a shortcut for Windows 10 Photo Gallery, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Photo Gallery, and then choose the Open file or folder location.
    • A pop-up window will appear showing Photo Gallery, and then right-click on it.
    • Select Send to> Desktop (create shortcut).

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Seriously can't add the Photos app as a shortcut?? - Similar Threads - Seriously can't add

2. photos - can't add text to a movie

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    photos - can't add text to a movie: Hi, I'm trying to create videos in Photos. I've tried repairing and resetting the Photos app; the uninstall feature within settings is grayed out. I still cannot add a title card with words or captions to any photo. I've run a recent update, so the version is...
  3. Can't add some photos to favourites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add some photos to favourites: I've been trying to organise my photos and have been marking them as favourites in the photos app in windows 10 using the heart icon. But for some photos, it comes up with the error "Something went wrong. This file can't be added to favourites". Perhaps a coincidence, but all...
  4. Photos can't add video files

Photos can't add video files: Photos is unable to add video files. It says "these files have properties that can't be read, so we couldn't add them". But just two days earlier "Photos" had no problem with adding them, trimming, splitting and editing in any other way. It is an issue that was reported here...
  5. Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.

Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.: Hello, I've been using the photos app to pick photos since I don't want to import 50,000 images in lightroom. My question is if there is a shortcut to add/remove from favourites? Tried F, obviously didn't work. Looked around the web - nothing useful. Cheers, V Petkov...
  6. Add music to Photo App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add music to Photo App: Help me to add a music file to the Microsoft Windows 10 photo app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-music-to-photo-app/c6df50b5-c375-402c-9a4c-8817ba12a500"
  7. Can't add shortcuts to start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add shortcuts to start menu: I can't pin shortcuts to start menu , i tried drag and drop , but it won't let me. I also don't have a "Start Menu' tab in taskbar properties. [img] [img] 10986
  8. Add shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Add shortcut: How do you create a shortcut on the desktop. Example, you have a website you use often, how do you create a shortcut on the desktop. Win 7 and 8 you could right click the mouse on the page in question and had the option to add a shortcut on the desktop. 5616
  9. Can't Add Default Photo Viewer App I want

Can't Add Default Photo Viewer App I want: Okay so another Windows 10 weird issue! I am trying to make IrfanView my default photo viewer app. However, Windows will not let this be! When I try to choose a default, but this app is not even recognized. What I can do is actually click on a image file and have those open...
  10. I Can't add Shortcut To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    I Can't add Shortcut To Desktop: Hi all,.. I've downloaded Steam onto a new separate SSD ('D' Drive) that's been formatted to GPT NFTS. Steam wanted to place a Shortcut on the Desktop 'C' drive which I was happy about. However, I think permission has been denied. A pop-up message appears saying:,.....