Windows 10: Seriously... How do I stop Windows 10 from restarting or shutting down on its own?

Discus and support Seriously... How do I stop Windows 10 from restarting or shutting down on its own? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I never, ever, want Widows 10 to shutdown. I want to leave this PC running for 10 years and come back to it EXACTLY as I left it. How?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LiquidRitz, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Seriously... How do I stop Windows 10 from restarting or shutting down on its own?

I never, ever, want Widows 10 to shutdown.

I want to leave this PC running for 10 years and come back to it EXACTLY as I left it.

How?

:)

LiquidRitz, Dec 1, 2018
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Seriously... How do I stop Windows 10 from restarting or shutting down on its own? :confused:*Mad Seriously... How do I stop Windows 10 from restarting or shutting down on its own? :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Dec 1, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Keep getting blue screen on restart & shut down

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is likely to be caused by a driver and is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses. Stop error codes may be fixed by updating Windows. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are
    updates waiting to be installed on your device. If there are, kindly install these updates and restart your computer. After restarting your computer, see if it still shows the stop error code when restarting or shutting down your computer. Here's how to check
    for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type Windows Update, and select it from the search results.
    • On the Windows Update page, click Check for updates.

If the issue is not resolved, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Seriously... How do I stop Windows 10 from restarting or shutting down on its own?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Seriously... How do I stop Windows 10 from restarting or shutting down on its own?

1. Seriously... How do I stop Windows 10 from restarting or shutting down on its own? - Similar Threads - Seriously stop restarting

2. Windows shuts down the computer on its own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows shuts down the computer on its own.: I leave my computer on all the time. I am usually working on several things and have pieces of each open regularly. I do close everything no and then to let Windows update. On occasion, every few days, I go to use the computer and is is powered off. Here is some of what I...
  3. Windows shuts down the computer on its own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shuts down the computer on its own.: I leave my computer on all the time. I am usually working on several things and have pieces of each open regularly. I do close everything no and then to let Windows update. On occasion, every few days, I go to use the computer and is is powered off. Here is some of what I...
  4. Windows shuts down the computer on its own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer shuts down on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shuts down on its own: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I have a GT70 2QD Dominator, recently I did a clean installation to an SSD, it was somewhat messy, had to do it...
  6. PC shutting down on its own

PC shutting down on its own: Hi, Im currently facing an issue when gaming, 1-2mins into the game. My pc will shutdown and attempt to reboot but it will fail to turn on until i turn off the power and turn on the pc manually. Hoping to get some help/answers here. This only started on 20 July which is...
  7. PC shuts down on its own

PC shuts down on its own: While I was starting a game, my PC shut down then turned on again but failed to load. This procedure repeated several times. I received"Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" error code: 0xC0000022. How to fix this error?...
  8. Computer shuts down on its own very often.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shuts down on its own very often.: If I leave my computer unattended for 30 minutes, it shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-on-its-own-very-often/2d2ad5d9-6e0d-41c8-97be-d6d4de6a4031
  9. Laptop shutting down on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down on its own: I use an ASUS laptop with AMD A8 4500M APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.9 GHz. It has 4 GB RAM. It is about 6yrs old. Last year it was getting overheated and switching off on its own. So I got it repaired and it is working fine. I have Malawarebytes Free Version 4.0.4.49. I have...
  10. Event Viewer shuts down on its own unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer shuts down on its own unexpectedly: I frequently have a problem with the Event Viewer. After opening it and viewing one of the log files (typically Windows Logs>Application), the Event Viewer will suddenly just close on its own. Any ideas how to fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shut down windows 10

2. windows auto shutdown

3. stop shutdown

4. prevent shutdown pc,
  5. windows 10 shutdown,
  6. windows 10 shuts down unexpectedly,
  7. shut down schedule windows 10,
  8. windows 10 keeps shutting down unexpectedly,
  9. cancel windows shutdown,
  10. windows 10 shutting down issue,
  11. automatic shutdowns windows,