Windows 10: Seriously, how do you disable Defender?

Discus and support Seriously, how do you disable Defender? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have every GP turned off, tamper protection off, real-time scanning off, and I STILL get messages that my computer was scanned x number of times. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zWeApOnz, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Seriously, how do you disable Defender?

I have every GP turned off, tamper protection off, real-time scanning off, and I STILL get messages that my computer was scanned x number of times.

I want this disabled, how can I do it?

submitted by /u/zWeApOnz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zWeApOnz, Mar 26, 2020

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 26, 2020
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Seriously, how do you disable Defender?

Windows Defender disables itself

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue on Windows defender.

I will certainly help you with this.

I would like to inform you that if you have other antivirus on your computer, so Windows defender automatically

disable itself.

If you don’t have any other antivirus on computer then I would suggest you to check the services for Windows defender:

Steps:

• Close all application and program and reboot the computer.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type services.msc and press enter.

• From the list, you will see two services for Windows defender.

• Right click on both the services one at a time.

• Click on properties.

• Under general tab, select automatic from startup type.

• Click on start and then click on apply and then ok.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Seriously, how do you disable Defender?

1. Seriously, how do you disable Defender? - Similar Threads - Seriously disable Defender

2. Could you disable Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Could you disable Defender?: I'm desperate. Defender always blocks my downloads, although I know they aren't malicious.Ever since I install Windows 11, my defender doesn't work. I will provide screenshots.On a VM, I used the same ISO, and my defender works. It's annoying... Please help! Thank you -...
  3. How do you disable "modern standby"??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do you disable "modern standby"??: My laptop keeps turning on in my backpack and cooking itself to death. I just took it out of my backpack two hours after putting it in and it's burning hot with the battery drained to around 20 percent. I know I can use hibernate instead but I shouldn't have to. Hibernate...
  4. CompatTelRunner.exe, how do you disable?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CompatTelRunner.exe, how do you disable?: Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is using a lot of cpu on startup. The worst time to be hogging cpu is on startup. Whichever coding team at Microsoft decided to put this burden on users should get a sit down chat ;. The function of the program is for Microsoft to collect...
  5. How do you disable the touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you disable the touchpad: How do you disable the touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-disable-the-touchpad/182feab3-e924-40ab-be6c-660ec844ebea
  6. How do you disable caching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you disable caching?: Yes, I know I want it. My SSD is fast enough though and the extra heat this cache feature is creating is nuts. I found a way to shut it off before, but I did a fresh install. submitted by /u/STOP_POLLUTING [link] [comments]...
  7. How to disable Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Defender?: Defender is really pissing me off. There are some files on my PC that it thinks are malware and even after clicking Allow, it forgets and asks again every time and just refuses to let me use them. Then it uses a lot of CPU and HDD and even after disabling it, it still runs! I...
  8. Serious Defender Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Serious Defender Problems: Defender is broken at the moment. See the thread below since you might want to limit PC use until MS fix it. Windows Security Virus Scan 154421
  9. How do you disable palmcheck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you disable palmcheck: i've been trying forever and I cant find it what so ever I need help i've tried settings>devices>touchpad, and properties and settings >devices>mouse, and properties haven't found it...
  10. How do you file a serious complaint about Microsoft technical support?:-!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you file a serious complaint about Microsoft technical support?:-!: How do i fike a complaint about Microsoft technical support with someone who can make a difference. My horror story is too long to post here and i just need an email address or phone number. Online support is useless...