Windows 10: Seriously...how many more times am I going to have to restart/reinstall Windows this year?

Discus and support Seriously...how many more times am I going to have to restart/reinstall Windows this year? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As if COVID hasn't made 2020 bad enough, Microsoft has seemingly profited right along with it with its updates that started, at least for me, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SheriWilson, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Seriously...how many more times am I going to have to restart/reinstall Windows this year?

As if COVID hasn't made 2020 bad enough, Microsoft has seemingly profited right along with it with its updates that started, at least for me, in February of this year when I lost the entire last 2 years of my job. Office 2013 was deleted, all my office documents were turned into unreadable text files, One Drive was gone, I lost several permissions including the most basic of all, downloading email attachments for work, my printer was gone except for the fax, which I didn't have, and those are just the highlights. My entire laptop was a mess and I was left helpless to do my job. It took me weeks to get back even part of what I had lost and the worst of all of this? I wasn't entirely sure what had happened at that time as I was unaware there was a whole to-do already with these "malicious updates" so I was naive enough to think that it could have been my fault in the newly installed antivirus software or an accidental oversight caused by hurried deadline and I didn't know to search online for a cause or solution. It took weeks to get back just part of what I'd lost when it suddenly happened again this was in May. At this time I stumbled across the update as the cause and I was able to attempt to fix the problem a little quicker this time, but not each problem was the same nor was each fix and not everything had been fixed from before. I have no clue how many updates had happened before what I refer to as the major crash in September when I was completely locked out. It had been one disaster after another, no matter what I did, what site I searched, how long I paused the updates for, which updates I disabled, which advice I followed, etc. Windows inevitably was going to update my computer whether I liked it or not, and I definitely did not.

I got fired from my job thanks to this last update because I was unable to get into my laptop at all. Once again, thanks to a previous Windows update, I was unable to print and in order to completely uninstall my printer so I could reinstall it, I had to restart my laptop. Microsoft took advantage of that moment to force an update and when my system came back up, my pin had been disabled. My only option was to enter my password, which Microsoft wouldn't take, no matter how many times I changed it, which so many other people were having the same problem at the same time and no one at Microsoft was doing a damn thing about it. I also think it's hilarious how Microsoft's solution is to get on another computer to download Windows 10 to put it back on the infected computer like everyone should have two working computers and be able to do this. Even though I worked from home, I actually did have three laptops, a chromebook, an iPad, and a Samsung, so the odds seemed to be in my favor, right? Wrong. The chromebook was my daughter's for elementary school and was so protected I couldn't download anything, one laptop hadn't turned on in six months since my daughter's school used the ClassLink app to fry it, the iPad had a bad charger port, Microsoft was holding my laptop hostage, and ironically, was holding the other hostage, as well, since I was running Vista on it and wouldn't support the downloading of Windows 10. So that left the cell phone which had no outlet for such a download given my options in the middle of the night and so I missed my deadline and was fired while Microsoft sat back and did nothing. I've read so many other stories exactly like mine and I have only seen two of whom have received any compensation for any of it. While I didn't have to buy a new computer yet, I did lose 3-months' worth of wages while I was out of work and just when I managed to get back into my laptop, I lost everything again tonight.

So once again Microsoft, I say to you...how many more times is this going to happen? My laptop says it is now 12:38am but it is really 3:38am and I'm once again resetting everything in the middle of the night. I'm once again uninstalling my printer and I've finally found a new site that has taught me how to disable any and all updates, even thought you, Microsoft, advise against that. Why is that? Is my laptop going to blow up? That might be a welcome change. The only time I haven't had to fix things at least every other week since February of this year was during the two months I was completely locked out because your inept service people either gave wrong advice or ignored consumers completely. I don't think I've been this appalled by a company since Sprint and you have them beat hands down, I promise you that. In fact, I can guarantee you that instead of using my tax return this year to treat myself to the better car I was looking forward to, I'm going to treat myself to the better Macbook. Maybe I'll make some of my lost wages back in the meantime by making bets on how many times my laptop will need reset between now and then. Any takers?

I apologize in advance to anyone this personally offends, but if this were a car manufacturer doing this exact same thing repeatedly over and over like this, do you think it would be tolerated like this?

:)

SheriWilson, Nov 29, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Seriously...how many more times am I going to have to restart/reinstall Windows this year? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Seriously...how many more times am I going to have to restart/reinstall Windows this year?

little cat, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Seriously...how many more times am I going to have to restart/reinstall Windows this year?

1. Seriously...how many more times am I going to have to restart/reinstall Windows this year? - Similar Threads - Seriously many more

2. How many more times are you going to falter with your Windows version releases? is there a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How many more times are you going to falter with your Windows version releases? is there a...: Team,With Windows 8, with Windows 10 and 11 you keep making mistakes of not engaging with your vast network of users to review feedback before you decide to kill some of your existing experiences. The latest is the "group similar icons on taskbar" feature that was available...
  3. How many more times are you going to falter with your Windows version releases? is there a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many more times are you going to falter with your Windows version releases? is there a...: Team,With Windows 8, with Windows 10 and 11 you keep making mistakes of not engaging with your vast network of users to review feedback before you decide to kill some of your existing experiences. The latest is the "group similar icons on taskbar" feature that was available...
  4. I AM SOOOOOOOOO TIRED OF RESTARTING 9999999999 TIMES WHEN I CANNOT STAND HOW MANY PROBLEMS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I AM SOOOOOOOOO TIRED OF RESTARTING 9999999999 TIMES WHEN I CANNOT STAND HOW MANY PROBLEMS...: I KNOWWWWWW!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-sooooooooo-tired-of-restarting-9999999999/bfcb05de-9983-4c9d-893e-e3c6471989c5
  5. I AM SOOOOOOOOO TIRED OF RESTARTING 9999999999 TIMES WHEN I CANNOT STAND HOW MANY PROBLEMS...

I AM SOOOOOOOOO TIRED OF RESTARTING 9999999999 TIMES WHEN I CANNOT STAND HOW MANY PROBLEMS...: I KNOWWWWWW!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-sooooooooo-tired-of-restarting-9999999999/bfcb05de-9983-4c9d-893e-e3c6471989c5
  6. How many times can I reinstall windows before I have to buy a new product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many times can I reinstall windows before I have to buy a new product key?: I want to reinstall Windows 10. I've actually reinstalled windows on this machine a bunch of times, but I want to know if reinstalling windows affects activation in any way, like, will I have to purchase a new product key and stuff after a particular number of reinstalls? I'm...
  7. How many times can I reinstall windows before I have to buy a new product key?

How many times can I reinstall windows before I have to buy a new product key?: I want to reinstall Windows 10. I've actually reinstalled windows on this machine a bunch of times, but I want to know if reinstalling windows affects activation in any way, like, will I have to purchase a new product key and stuff after a particular number of reinstalls? I'm...
  8. Seriously ? How to go to Home from Home SL? How many it'll cost?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seriously ? How to go to Home from Home SL? How many it'll cost?: This is a bad *swearing* word Windows 10 had to spoke at me:"Your Microsoft Windows license support only one display language" - Windows 10 Home SL license saysA Single Language SL license does *fully* limit me from using Vietnamese language in Windows 10.I have these...
  9. Windows always go to preparing automaic repair, even when reinstall many times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows always go to preparing automaic repair, even when reinstall many times: hello i had gen 5 i5 laptop with 8GB ram and 500GB HDD, everything is normal except its kind of slow. then i upgrade hdd to 120GB SSD sata. before the latest update sep and oct 2 version before now, everything is work fine. but after the latest update. my laptop suddenly...
  10. I am serious.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am serious.: I spent 3 hour on resolve a issue. But! I didn't resolve. Can you believe it? I suffer from that massage. I can't execute any thing because of that. So I asked microsoft support team then they decide to do a clean installation. So I downloaded that whereas, I just see massage...