Windows 10: Seriously In Need Of Help: Did Windows 10 Change My Privacy Settings?

Discus and support Seriously In Need Of Help: Did Windows 10 Change My Privacy Settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I just rebooted my Windows 10 Pro to get the January 2021 Cumulative Update. However, right after this Cumulative Update was installed I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NiceAndShy, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Seriously In Need Of Help: Did Windows 10 Change My Privacy Settings?

Hi all,

I just rebooted my Windows 10 Pro to get the January 2021 Cumulative Update. However, right after this Cumulative Update was installed I was given a blue screen with a bunch of different options like setting up OneDrive and connecting several other cloud services and the option of linking my mobile phone to my Microsoft account.

My worry is that I accidentally activated some of Microsoft's cloud services... *Eek *cry *cry

I do not want any cloud services to be activated as I'm happy with saving my files/settings to my PC and I do not want to use the cloud for anything.

I'm really worried about this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

EDIT:
    How can I make sure my privacy settings weren't changed and that the Microsoft cloud services weren't setup?

:)

NiceAndShy, Jan 14, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Seriously In Need Of Help: Did Windows 10 Change My Privacy Settings?

Windows 10 feedback privacy setting

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate, if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing with feedback privacy settings?

In the mean time, I would suggest you to follow the article given below and check.

Windows 10 feedback, diagnostics, and privacy: FAQ

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. We will be glad to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Seriously In Need Of Help: Did Windows 10 Change My Privacy Settings?

1. Seriously In Need Of Help: Did Windows 10 Change My Privacy Settings? - Similar Threads - Seriously Need Help

2. Need a serious help. ASAP.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need a serious help. ASAP.: My windows 10 is currently experiencing various errors please this is serious and i have a project that i've been working on postponedi have a driver issues in my pc by the time my uncle gave it to me. it's intel core i5 4460, GT 730 and has 5gb of ram 4gb and 1 gb sticks...
  3. Hi, need help with privacy settings!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi, need help with privacy settings!: Hello, i changed some privacy settings on my pc yesterday and from now on my google chrome is taking forever to load a site, it first says that the connection is not secure or private and then it loads it after a while submitted by /u/MatiasMalz [link] [comments]...
  4. Privacy Settings Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy Settings Help: So i dont own a xbox but my friend does and i wanted to play on his realm with my pc but when i accept invite it says i dont have permission to play online and i need to edit privacy settings so i click link to do that and it sends me to a page with no option of clicking...
  5. I seriously need help

I seriously need help: OK, so today I found that there was a random .txt file on my desktop. When i opened it, it showed [1013/103251.495:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3) I was curious and searched it up, turns out that it could be...
  6. NEED SERIOUS HELP

NEED SERIOUS HELP: [ATTACH] i was pressing delete button continuously while in the desktop and then suddenly i after sometime I saw that the "this pc" icon is gone with some other icons and shortcuts. I pressed ctrl+z multiple times and the icons and shortcuts came back but "this pc" didnt...
  7. Changing privacy settings on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing privacy settings on Windows 10: Hi, I'm about to throw this new system out the window because of Windows 10. All I want to do is change my privacy settings. I can't unless I log into my Windows Account. Everytime I try to, it wants me to verify who I am by sending me an email and me entering the code...
  8. i need help with privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with privacy settings: i can never find a way to change my mine craft settings because the Xbox settings always take me top the support page, which i don't want. I just want to play mine craft multiplayer. anyone care to actually help me? give me links on where i can find what i need as well...
  9. I seriously need help on updating my Windows 10

I seriously need help on updating my Windows 10: I tried multiple methods I found to fix my issue where I constantly downloading and installing the same update (1903) and it literally doesn't update my Windows. Everytime I restart my laptop and check in the Windows Update, it keeps repeating the same process over and over...
  10. Serious Help Needed. Recovery needed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Serious Help Needed. Recovery needed.: A Senior MS Tech I was working with said he wanted to reinstall windows 10 version 1809 because after 4 MS updates, that is after the 4th MS update, MS Edge quits working and will not start. This is the fourth tech and the 2nd senior tech I have had to work with. The...