Windows 10: Seriously, this is soon to be 2019, and the store still fails at doing basic things

Discus and support Seriously, this is soon to be 2019, and the store still fails at doing basic things in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So, a bit of context before I start complaining, because this is meant to be constructive and I really want to see improvements in that area. I own... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RaphaëlHENRY, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Seriously, this is soon to be 2019, and the store still fails at doing basic things

So, a bit of context before I start complaining, because this is meant to be constructive and I really want to see improvements in that area.

I own an Xbox One X and a rather potent Gaming PC. I really enjoy Xbox Play Anywhere titles because I share Microsoft's gaming ideals of a gaming world where there would be no border between console and PC, where I could seamlessly switch between my couch gaming device (Xbox console) and my office gaming device (PC) and in general, Xbox Play Anywhere titles are doing a great job at that. However, well, Windows Store on PC experience is still very improvable, and it's failing at basic things.

Today, an update for Forza Horizon 4 hits the store. Being the lucky owner of an ultimate edition (that is, the base game + season pass), I get on top of that a DLC. I'm working from home, so the PC is on during the day, and the console is obviously off as I'm busy working. So, without me doing anything, the newly released DLC installs itself onto the PC. I don't even realize it installs in the background, and I mean, there is nothing wrong with that.

However, today, I start the game from the Xbox, which have not been on the whole day. It informs me that it needs an update, that it could take a while, and starts the process of downloading (not before offering me the choice of not installing the update and not play the game). I guess I could complain about the fact I may not want the update right now and might prefer to play the game straight away in its non updated form, but that's not the point of this thread (it's still something I very much should be able to do). However, here we go, let's download that update.

The update is a few GB, so I'm not going to play straight away. But it's no matter as kids need a bath and need to go to bed. So, with the update started, it's time to take care of the kids.

Once all the kids stuff is completed, there is still an update to go, about 30ish %. The game allows me to start, but i'm stuck on "installing 100%" for a while so I presume it needs a full update before starting. Ok, I tell myself, it's no matter, I'm going to go to the PC and play the game while I wait for the update to be completed on the Xbox. This is where things start to get funny. I launch the game from a shortcut, and on the last screen (right after all the useless intros), I'm greeted with a message telling me my last save is with another version of the game (the one I started on Xbox but which got stuck at installing 100%) and that I needed to quit the application, log in to Xbox Live, and somehow update ?

So, what I was doing was to launch the game from it's shortcut, but that was not enough to update it. The game acted like it was updated (on the Xbox, I just had to launch the game for it to tell me it needed an update) but it was not. What I eventually got to do was to access the Windows Store, go to my library, launch the game from my Windows Store Library, and only then did the game request an update and proceed with it.

And while we're at it, can someone explain me why the Windows Store on my PC looks like this. !!!???!!! I mean, I can understand why each DLC could show as purchased, or owned, but as Installed ? and each "playable" separately. At the very least, I would expect to see them as subcategories of the base game.

Way to go, Microsoft Store !

:)

RaphaëlHENRY, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Seriously, this is soon to be 2019, and the store still fails at doing basic things

Windows Store crashes as soon as it starts

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to do a Windows Store reset by following the steps below.

• Press “Windows key + R”, type “wsreset.exe” (without quotes) and press Enter.
    • This will reset the Windows Store.
    After the Windows Store is reset, Computer will automatically open Windows Store. Check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Seriously, this is soon to be 2019, and the store still fails at doing basic things

1. Seriously, this is soon to be 2019, and the store still fails at doing basic things - Similar Threads - Seriously soon 2019

2. Quick reminder that's still a thing in 2022.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick reminder that's still a thing in 2022.: submitted by /u/vloz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wpx3ps/quick_reminder_thats_still_a_thing_in_2022/
  3. Help! BSOD while doing classes on zoom and doing basic things.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! BSOD while doing classes on zoom and doing basic things.: As classes have started we transferred to zoom so that we could have a more reliable meeting software and today I have crashed and received BSOD errors several times today. Could anyone help me troubleshoot it? These are all the dump files, I think I managed to send them...
  4. Visual Basic WinForm - Visual Studio 2019

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Visual Basic WinForm - Visual Studio 2019: Hi, If I'm not in the correct forum, please advise me of where I should be posting this. I have written a program that required I call System.Security.Cryptography to create a File Hash. I'm using MD5. However, for me to add my program to the Microsoft Store, I cannot...
  5. redeem failing to do it's thing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    redeem failing to do it's thing: hey I wanted to play bedrock with a girl i met but I can't because it gives me this response [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/redeem-failing-to-do-its-thing/8ccc0e12-bf04-418f-8f77-7e666a2c488d"
  6. Visual Basic issues in Windows August 2019 Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Basic issues in Windows August 2019 Updates: Microsoft added a new known issue to all cumulative updates that it released for Windows client and server versions in August 2019. The issue states that applications may stop responding if they use Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic for Applications, or Visual Basic Scripting...
  7. Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass in August 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass in August 2019: [ATTACH] Happy reprioritizing-your-backlog-of-games-because-we-just-added-more-to-Xbox Game Pass day! We seem to celebrate this totally made up not real holiday a lot around here. (Seriously, have you seen Major Nelson’s backlog of games? He must shuffle that list around...
  8. Windows Stuttering...still a thing in 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Stuttering...still a thing in 2019: I am having an issue as represented in this video uploaded by a different user: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuttering/2dccbaa0-bdf9-4565-9b5f-3166e7a11e3f?page=1 This is not just gaming either, it happens for example, when simply...
  9. Thinking of Getting a Second Email Address for Less Serious Things

in Browsers and Email
    Thinking of Getting a Second Email Address for Less Serious Things: I might be the only person here who only has one email address, but I've wanted to have a second one to use for frivolous things. I think I started to check into one a long time ago, but they asked a lot of information about me and also wanted my current email address, and I...
  10. things still irritating about windows

in Windows 10 Support
    things still irritating about windows: first off... I think windows 10 is the best version of windows I have ever used. windows xp was ok but not great, vista was awfull and pretty much made me switch to apple. didn't use 7 much but wasn't real thrilled with it compared to os x...so far 10 seems to be almost as...