Windows 10: Seriously Weird Issues With Wifi Adapter

Discus and support Seriously Weird Issues With Wifi Adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So this is a weird conundrum I came upon about a week ago. After reinstalling my new video card RX 6600XT the performance of my wifi adapter TP-Link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoshuaGski, May 25, 2022.

1. Seriously Weird Issues With Wifi Adapter

So this is a weird conundrum I came upon about a week ago. After reinstalling my new video card RX 6600XT the performance of my wifi adapter TP-Link Archer T6E took a hit and could no longer connect to 5Ghz. After a week of trying to troubleshoot the issue, I decided to reinstall my previous video card RX 580 and just like that everything was back to normal. When I first got the newer video card I had a bunch of weird issues that made me RMA the card thinking something was wrong with it, turns out nothing was wrong according to Gigabyte. I can not fathom a solid reason for why my cur

:)

JoshuaGski, May 25, 2022

2. WiFi Adapter question

To be honest, I keep losing my wifi connection and Im almost positive its not due to my internet connection or Router or anything like that. VERY often, everyday, all day it keeps happening. The troubleshooter always resolves it by "reset wifi-adapter" (I believe this is the step it takes that resolves the problem) before it happens again anyways.

Its driving me nuts !

Most time when it suddenly goes out (the connection) all the networks that should be in "show available networks" or all but the one I was connected to, disappear. I run the troubleshooter and it ends in resetting the wifi adapter. And it works. 10 minutes later, it happens again. Im trying to pin down the problem here.

Thank you for your help.

Bright Eyes, May 25, 2022
  3. Weirdness with laptop wireless adapter

As I mentioned in my original post, those options aren't listed. I got there through Device Manager, but the same list of advanced options are listed. It's possible that the option is called something else for the AC 9560 but I don't see any option that seems equivalent.

The options are there for my Ethernet adapter (and I've turned them off just in case), but that doesn't do any good for the WiFi adapter.

I did find an Intel utility called ProSet that supposedly provides control functions for the WiFi adapter, but as near as I can tell it is just for importing wireless profiles (and Windows does a fine job of that all by itself).

Update:
    Here's a screen shot of the options. I had to do it in two chunks.

Seriously Weird Issues With Wifi Adapter [​IMG]

pokeefe0001, May 25, 2022
  4. arachnaut Win User

Seriously Weird Issues With Wifi Adapter

USB WiFI adapter seems to be bandwidth limited? Weird

Recently my download speed has diminished seriously. It used to be very high and now it is 4 MBps according to several Speedtest sites.

I have 4 computers in our home: wife's, TV room, my desktop and my laptop.

We have ATT Internet with 24 MBps download speed.

Two of these computers (my desktop and laptop) download at 4 MBps and the other two download at 29 MBps.

By swapping the Wifi adapters, the speed reduction follows the USB adapter.

I was not able to figure out why this just happened. I know I got very high speeds in the past, but lately things seemed to slow down.

I tried as many debugging steps as I could even full uninstalls and re-installs, but I could not get past about 4 or 5 MBps download.

I bought a new WiFi adapter for the desktop and the problem went away, but the laptop has a built-in Wifi on the motherboard. I guess I could still install a second one externally if I need it.

It is mysterious how two different WiFi adapters on two different computers will suddenly misbehave like this.

The WiFi that mis-performed was a Netgear WNA1100. I replaced it with an ASUS AC-56 - a nice dual-band USB 3 adapter.

The Wifi in the laptop is a Qualcomm Atheros AR956x device.

The device drivers were up-to-date and all our computers are at the same current version of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (15063.413)

arachnaut, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Seriously Weird Issues With Wifi Adapter

1. Seriously Weird Issues With Wifi Adapter - Similar Threads - Seriously Weird Issues

2. Serious wifi adapter issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serious wifi adapter issues: So this started this morning and I'm not sure what to do. This is a brand new computer that I've only had for roughly a week and already I'm having issues I shouldn't be having.In the beginning it was pretty minor, high ping in just one particular game and no others that I...
  3. Serious wifi adapter issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Serious wifi adapter issues: So this started this morning and I'm not sure what to do. This is a brand new computer that I've only had for roughly a week and already I'm having issues I shouldn't be having.In the beginning it was pretty minor, high ping in just one particular game and no others that I...
  4. Seriously Weird Issues With Wifi Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seriously Weird Issues With Wifi Adapter: So this is a weird conundrum I came upon about a week ago. After reinstalling my new video card RX 6600XT the performance of my wifi adapter TP-Link Archer T6E took a hit and could no longer connect to 5Ghz. After a week of trying to troubleshoot the issue, I decided to...
  5. Seriously Weird Issues With Wifi Adapter

Seriously Weird Issues With Wifi Adapter: So this is a weird conundrum I came upon about a week ago. After reinstalling my new video card RX 6600XT the performance of my wifi adapter TP-Link Archer T6E took a hit and could no longer connect to 5Ghz. After a week of trying to troubleshoot the issue, I decided to...
  6. Weird Wifi Issues.

Weird Wifi Issues.: Hi Everyone, I had a weird problem. I mean really WEIRD kind of problem happened to my home Wifi. So here's the issue:Few days ago, my home network suddenly disappear from the Wifi List. While I still can detect others network Neighbour networks . Whatever device that can...
  7. Weird Wifi Issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Wifi Issues.: Hi Everyone, I had a weird problem. I mean really WEIRD kind of problem happened to my home Wifi. So here's the issue:Few days ago, my home network suddenly disappear from the Wifi List. While I still can detect others network Neighbour networks . Whatever device that can...
  8. Weird Wifi Issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. wifi adapter issue

wifi adapter issue: My laptop hotspot uses Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter #2 on my laptop. hotspot works as normal when i enable hotspot. however when i off hotspot the ssid of the network still appears from another device like my phone isnt it supposed to be off? and furthermore the ssid...
  10. Weird Wifi Issue

Weird Wifi Issue: So, I've noticed something weird on my laptop when it comes to my home wifi network. I have a bootcamped Macbook Pro that I have been running Windows 10 on for some time. A couple months ago I noticed that when I am connected to the Wifi and go to a website that I don't have...