Windows 10: Seriously, WTF. New install of two weeks, hardware all under one year old, and folders full...

Discus and support Seriously, WTF. New install of two weeks, hardware all under one year old, and folders full... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Why is windows behaving as though I have 500 TB of fragmented garbage, freezing after a reboot, shortcuts simply disappear, folders take forever to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PrisonerOfTrashcan, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Seriously, WTF. New install of two weeks, hardware all under one year old, and folders full...

Why is windows behaving as though I have 500 TB of fragmented garbage, freezing after a reboot, shortcuts simply disappear, folders take forever to load if they do at all…

submitted by /u/PrisonerOfTrashcan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PrisonerOfTrashcan, Feb 13, 2021

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 13, 2021
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

4. Seriously, WTF. New install of two weeks, hardware all under one year old, and folders full...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Seriously, WTF. New install of two weeks, hardware all under one year old, and folders full...

1. Seriously, WTF. New install of two weeks, hardware all under one year old, and folders full... - Similar Threads - Seriously WTF install

2. i have a two year old HP all-in-one with 16mg ram and a brand new hard drive which I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a two year old HP all-in-one with 16mg ram and a brand new hard drive which I am...: have a HP All-In-One two year old disktop which I just replaced 1 TB hard drive an am attempting to load a purchased copy of Windows 11 Pro. Get to the set up screen where it asks for location to load and it is blank . Have tried latest drivers on thumb drive but system does...
  3. i have a two year old HP all-in-one with 16mg ram and a brand new hard drive which I am...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a two year old HP all-in-one with 16mg ram and a brand new hard drive which I am...: have a HP All-In-One two year old disktop which I just replaced 1 TB hard drive an am attempting to load a purchased copy of Windows 11 Pro. Get to the set up screen where it asks for location to load and it is blank . Have tried latest drivers on thumb drive but system does...
  4. All folders under desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All folders under desktop: Hi, all! I messed something up and accidentally pulled the desktop folder. So now all the files are under desktop folder and I also have like 4 desktop folder Is there any way I can fix it? Thank you!....
  5. Old computer, installed new ram and SSD and windows 10 to give it a boost for a year or two...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old computer, installed new ram and SSD and windows 10 to give it a boost for a year or two...: Im not a tech guy and know just enough to get by with simple trouble shooting, but im new to windows 10 and this new error has me stumped. New install on a new hard drive of an old computer, and I keep getting "kmode not handled" and blue screen restart. I though it was my...
  6. Two Users' Folders On new Install

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two Users' Folders On new Install: So I just installed Windows 10 on a brand new NUC. Installation went flawlessly and the machine runs great. After the installation I noticed that the computer name was my email address. I didn't like that name so I changed the name of the computer but now I have 2 users...
  7. BSOD errors one brand new computer - one week old

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD errors one brand new computer - one week old: I have a brand new ASUS computer windows 10 and have Malwarebtyes premium and AVG Internet Security on it. When I tried to first install AVG it did not work. So, I ran the first week with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender on. No problems. I then got AVG cleaner,...
  8. BSOD VIDEO_SCEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR on two-week-old laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD VIDEO_SCEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR on two-week-old laptop: Hello, I own my laptop for three weeks now, one week of which I'm trying to fix this issue and to no avail. It first happened while I was playing a game and it won't stop since then. I tried all of the classic solutions Internet could offer - I ran Command Prompt to check...
  9. I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one.: I am replacing 10 year old PC with a new one; is it better to have a clean start on the new PC, or use a back up of the old one? Both are the same brand. I tried to do a "clean up" using specific software; however, I do not think it has removed the old stuff and I do no want...
  10. Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC: Hello, I have recently discovered a problem under the 'This PC' heading. I seem to have two 'Documents' folders. However, one icon is the correct for Documents, and the other is the icon for the Pictures. Also, my Pictures folder has gone missing. [img] [img] I have...