Windows 10: server 2016 RDP Proxy PAC/Proxy settings will n ot apply

Discus and support server 2016 RDP Proxy PAC/Proxy settings will n ot apply in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have 22 Thin Client servers with domain FL @ 2016. All 22 servers are running 2016 Standard. DC's are Server 2016 Standard. We are also all Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anthony Winstead, Jun 4, 2019.

1. server 2016 RDP Proxy PAC/Proxy settings will n ot apply

We have 22 Thin Client servers with domain FL @ 2016. All 22 servers are running 2016 Standard. DC's are Server 2016 Standard. We are also all Windows 10. Patched and running fine.

We are migrating to a new web filter that requires us to Use automatic configuration script. We have tried pushing it out with GPO and registry keys. I have also tried applying the setting locally on the machine.

We can see the Automatically detect settings change. It shows it has applied with gpresult /r but the address never shows up in the address bar. I can manually add it to an account but we have over 1k users in different OU's and this will not work.

No events in the event log and the WinHTTP Web proxy Auto service is running.

I created a separate OU just for this test and it is applied to our user.

This has our Filter engineer baffled and I have been trying for days.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

:)

Anthony Winstead, Jun 4, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Proxy Server?

Does anyone know of a decent, free proxy server? I would like to set up a proxy server at my house so I can connect to it from... certain institutions... with blocked webpage access and such.

3. proxy settings

Hi Mike,

To set up a proxy server in Windows 10, you may follow the following steps.

• Press the Windows key and I to open
      Settings
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Proxy you can either Automatically set up a proxy or
      Manual set up a proxy server.

Let us know if this answers your question.

Gerald Vit, Jun 4, 2019
  4. server 2016 RDP Proxy PAC/Proxy settings will n ot apply

Forced proxy settings

This proxy server is probably inherited from the system settings. To bypass it:

from an elevated prompt :

Code: netsh winhttp reset proxy[/quote]

blobster21, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

server 2016 RDP Proxy PAC/Proxy settings will n ot apply

1. server 2016 RDP Proxy PAC/Proxy settings will n ot apply - Similar Threads - server 2016 RDP

2. WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac: Hello everyone I am trying to figure out how to get the WSL to work with the windows proxy settings? We are using a pac file, and I can not figure out how to configure the wsl to use it. We use the zscaler service. If you are not familiar it is a local proxyservice. it runs a...
  3. Proxy Servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy Servers: Is it advisable to use a proxy server for my wireless network? Setup script address was 127.0.0.1:86...Is this a normal configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-servers/f9dcdd46-0421-4e37-b477-24943eeb017a
  4. Proxy server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy server: For quite some time after a Microsoft Update I have had to manually turn off the proxy server each day in order to get on the internet. The "Save" button is greyed out, so unable to save the turned off setting. I have spoken to techs about this and they ran some tests, but to...
  5. Proxy Settings Not Applied to VPN Connection

Proxy Settings Not Applied to VPN Connection: I've configured our Windows 10 workstations laptops to receive proxy settings PAC URL via GPO. On the corporate network, everything is working as expected. When connected to VPN, the internet traffic doesn't traverse the proxy. I just noticed in the Proxy settings...
  6. Proxy Server Settings

Proxy Server Settings: My desktop always logs in linked to the proxy server http=127.0.0.1:7070;https=127.0.0.1:7070. I have tried everything I know including registry changes to stop this. Any ideas how I can prevent it happening?...
  7. Proxy Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy Server: On Windows 10, every time I try to access a web site a message comes up stating the "Proxy Server cannot be accessed" I then have to go to Proxy and turn a yes switch to a no for the site I am attempting to access. When I am in the site if I want to go to a hyperlink, the...
  8. proxy servers

proxy servers: Do I need to have a proxy server on my Notebook connection to the world wide web? Scott G....
  9. proxy server settings

proxy server settings: afternoon all, i have recently put a lot of effort in to setting up a media server. i'm getting a big issue with windows being stupid and trying to use my proxy server on local addresses even though i told it not to. this is infuriating because it overloads my proxy...
  10. Proxy Server

Proxy Server: I have Internet access but on a lot of sites it says that I can't get on the site because of the Proxy Server. This is only happening on one Computer and my other 3 have no problems but they don't have windows 10? 18589