Windows 10: Server 2016 RDS and multiple monitors for client

Discus and support Server 2016 RDS and multiple monitors for client in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to get my remote desktop across 2 monitors on my client laptop. I have done the following with no effect: The first method is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lee.H, May 11, 2020.

1. Lee.H Win User

Server 2016 RDS and multiple monitors for client

Hi,

I'm trying to get my remote desktop across 2 monitors on my client laptop.

I have done the following with no effect:

The first method is directly through the RDP interface. Open the Remote Desktop and click the "Options" button on the bottom left-hand corner of the window. Click on the "Display" tab and tick the checkbox that reads "Use all my monitors for the remote session" Once this is selected, you can then click "Connect" and proceed with connecting to the server as normal. If you would like this to be the default behavior for RDP, click on the "General" tab and click "Save" before connecting to your remote server.

Is there something server side that needs to be done to enable clients to use multiple monitors e.g. policy settings?

We are on Server 2016, with Windows10 pro on client laptops.

:)

Lee.H, May 11, 2020
  2. Robertf11 Win User

Best route for purchasing server 2016, sql 2016, and RDS licensing.

Hello, I'm putting together a Lenovo server system for a client, and would like to know the cheapest/best options to take for licensing. I've spent the last 4 hours trying to wrap my head over the Cals, Cores, Per server, and other methods, and it seems
    to just get more and more confusing.

The client will have 1 physical server, quad core. There are 5 other devices that will be connecting to this server using RDS.

They will also need to have SQL server 2016.

So I will need some sort of combination of Server 2016, SQL 2016, and RDS.

What are the various options I have for getting this properly licensed?

Sorry if the post isn't under the right category, but I couldn't find anything that matches Windows server.

Robertf11, May 11, 2020
  3. Hide0725 Win User
    Windows Server 2019 RDS CAL for Windows Server 2016

I recently purchased Windows Server RDS CAL from Microsoft Online site.

When I purchased it I didn't know that it was for Windows Server 2019 and I have Windows Server 2016.

When I tried to install Windows RDS CAL for 2019 into Windows Server 2016 it shows the license is not recognized and couldn't install.

My questions are:

1. Can't Windows RDS CAL for 2019 be installed in Windows Server 2016?

2. Is there any way to replace RDS CAL from 2019 to 2016 ver?

3. Can I get a refund for this?

Thank you in advance.

Hide0725, May 11, 2020
  4. Server 2016 RDS and multiple monitors for client

RDS 2016 screen issue

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place for my question because it's about server RDS 2016.

We have a RDS 2016 evironment en randomly some client have strange screen issue's, distorted screen in their RDS session. People with the problems are switching often between application and it looks like screen caching problem. When disconnecting the session
    and reconnect the problem is solved. See screenshow below.

Server 2016 RDS and multiple monitors for client 6f2c3fb2-e4d0-4e0a-b6e6-4a23b2742c57?upload=true.png

What have we done:

* Disabled persistent cache under advanced RDP settings clients.

* Disabled other settings under advanced RDP settings clients

* There is nog difference between connecting with thin client or fat client

Rutger Jan Waringa, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Server 2016 RDS and multiple monitors for client

1. Server 2016 RDS and multiple monitors for client - Similar Threads - Server 2016 RDS

2. Server RDS CAL's registration error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server RDS CAL's registration error: Recently we upgraded our servers from Server 2012R2 to 2019. This included two RDP servers, in which we purchase 60 Windows Server 2022 RDS CAL license packs. When I go to install the licenses within the RD Licensing Manager on the License server, I get the following error:I...
  3. Server RDS CAL's registration error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server RDS CAL's registration error: Recently we upgraded our servers from Server 2012R2 to 2019. This included two RDP servers, in which we purchase 60 Windows Server 2022 RDS CAL license packs. When I go to install the licenses within the RD Licensing Manager on the License server, I get the following error:I...
  4. How to activate RDS License of the Windows server 2016 using powershell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to activate RDS License of the Windows server 2016 using powershell?: Im trying to activate the rds license of the windows server with powershell using this TSLicensekey pack.Win32_TSLicenseKeyPack class - Win32 apps Microsoft LearnI have License Server ID and Client Access license which is required for me to activate the license using GUI -...
  5. How to activate RDS License of the Windows server 2016 using powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate RDS License of the Windows server 2016 using powershell?: Im trying to activate the rds license of the windows server with powershell using this TSLicensekey pack.Win32_TSLicenseKeyPack class - Win32 apps Microsoft LearnI have License Server ID and Client Access license which is required for me to activate the license using GUI -...
  6. Deploying Software from Windows Server 2016 to a Client.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deploying Software from Windows Server 2016 to a Client.: I am attempting to deploy software from a Windows Server 2016 to a Client using hypervisors. Below I will post the ping results between my server and clients. I have followed the process to deploy software via "Group Policy Editor" Server can ping client, client can ping...
  7. Multiple Clients, One Program, One Server

Multiple Clients, One Program, One Server: New IT student here and I have a question about applications being shared/networked by multiple clients. Let us use the example of a PC Game. In my scenario, we have 5 clients all average gaming machines, not virtual machines. These clients are networked on a LAN with a...
  8. Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2016: I have a Hp Compaq 8200 elite I7 with 16GB memory, can I install Microsoft 2016 on this hardware and get a reasonable system, I am more interested in function than speed. It will be used as the server in a security test lab environment for virus/malware testing. The network...
  9. Adding Windows 10 Clients to Windows Server Essentials 2016

Adding Windows 10 Clients to Windows Server Essentials 2016: I am trying to add Windows 10 clients to Windows Server essentials 2016. It seem that in order for the server to see the clients I must the clients join the server server Domain. (Currently they are in a workgroup). It looks like one has to change the Windows10 clients to...
  10. Remote Desktop web client public preview for Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop web client public preview for Windows Server 2016: As announced at Microsoft Ignite, a new web client is being developed to provide access to virtualized apps and desktops from a browser, without the need to install a local client. This provides a consistent experience across devices, minimizes installation or maintenance...