Windows 10: Server 2019 RD Gateway Testing

Discus and support Server 2019 RD Gateway Testing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Im struggling with getting past the security layering to test an RDS Gateway configured on a 2019 Standard Server. was easier with Access Anywhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jerry Barrett, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Server 2019 RD Gateway Testing

Hi

Im struggling with getting past the security layering to test an RDS Gateway configured on a 2019 Standard Server. was easier with Access Anywhere

Anyway I have a New PDC 2019 Server on a self contained Test LAN behind a router/firewall - connected to my Home LAN via its ethernet WAN port, this all works and the test server can surf the web and I have PC also connected to the test lan in the domain of the PDC 2019 server, That works perfectly too it can access domain resources on the New PDC 2019 server seperate from my own home domain 2012R2 Server

Because if the demise of the Essentials and Access Anywhere, I have configured the new PDC 2019 Server with RDS Gateway to enable access to LAN PCs from the internet when its finally deployed I setup the RDS Gateway with a self signed certificate to test it with during the setup wizards of the RDS Gateway. there is a brought SSL cert available when deployed

The Test Firewall/Router is setup with a static IP address 192.168.125.199 192.168.125.n being my Home LAN subnet and the ports 443 and 3391 are open from my Home LAN to the New PDC 2019 Server which also has a static IP address in the Test LAN.

Now from my own Home LAN PC the idea is to test the RDS Gateway connection to test domain PC or the New PDC 2019 Server with Remote Desktop Program - proving RDS Gateway is configured for deployement.

However, my client PC complains about verifying the identity of the device and network Im try to connect to with RDP on the client. I understood that a self signed SSL cert was supposed to be suffient for this testing purpose. but theres still something Im yet to discover to make this connection work.

- I copied the Self Signed SSL from the New 2019 Server cetificate store and installed on my Home PC client running the RDP and it still complains even though it askes for the User credentials to the New 2019 Server with the RDS gateway installed.

- I get the same issue when connecting to the Test PC on the Test LAN through the RDS Gateway after being asked for the PC/User credentials from the RDP connect request.

Any thoughts on what certs need ot be where would be great because I sort of scratching my head now :

The Clients PCs are all Windows 10 V 2009

Regards

Jerry

:)

Jerry Barrett, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Fatmasari Win User

Activate RDS CAL 2019 on Windows Server 2016

Dear Microsoft Support,

We recently purchased Windows Server RDS CAL 2019.

When we tried to install Windows Server RDS CAL 2019 into Windows Server 2016, it shows the license is not recognized and couldn’t install.

My questions are :

1. Can’t Windows RDS CAL 2019 be installed in Windows Server 2016? If can, how?
    2. Is there any way to downgrade RDS CAL from 2019 to 2016 version?

Thanks,

Fatmasari, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Hapwhee Win User
    Can't connect to RD Gateway using Windows 10

I am using Windows 10 Pro (1809) and I am trying to use RD Gateway but keep getting error message "can't connect to remote desktop gateway computer." I have seen numerous fix suggestions in other posts and the one I wanted to try was HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Terminal
    Server Client, but the terminal service client is not listed in the folder in Pro 10. Any ideas on how to get this RD Gateway to work?

Hapwhee, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Hide0725 Win User

Server 2019 RD Gateway Testing

Windows Server 2019 RDS CAL for Windows Server 2016

I recently purchased Windows Server RDS CAL from Microsoft Online site.

When I purchased it I didn't know that it was for Windows Server 2019 and I have Windows Server 2016.

When I tried to install Windows RDS CAL for 2019 into Windows Server 2016 it shows the license is not recognized and couldn't install.

My questions are:

1. Can't Windows RDS CAL for 2019 be installed in Windows Server 2016?

2. Is there any way to replace RDS CAL from 2019 to 2016 ver?

3. Can I get a refund for this?

Thank you in advance.

Hide0725, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Server 2019 RD Gateway Testing

1. Server 2019 RD Gateway Testing - Similar Threads - Server 2019 Gateway

2. Unable to launch remote APP via Gateway 6 Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to launch remote APP via Gateway 6 Server 2019: Hello everyone,I'm trying to launch a remote APP via Gateway, but I've this error : The remote resource can't be reached. Check your connection and try again or ask your network administrator for help.I've a single server. It has all RDP role RDS + License + Gateway + Broker...
  3. Unable to launch remote APP via Gateway 6 Server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to launch remote APP via Gateway 6 Server 2019: Hello everyone,I'm trying to launch a remote APP via Gateway, but I've this error : The remote resource can't be reached. Check your connection and try again or ask your network administrator for help.I've a single server. It has all RDP role RDS + License + Gateway + Broker...
  4. Unable to launch remote APP via Gateway 6 Server 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor: I have recently setup a new Remote Desktop Gateway/Farm which is Windows 2019 and have setup azure multifactor on it - this points to a Windows 2016 NPS, which in turn authenticates the Multifactor as per the MS article...
  6. Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor: I have recently setup a new Remote Desktop Gateway/Farm which is Windows 2019 and have setup azure multifactor on it - this points to a Windows 2016 NPS, which in turn authenticates the Multifactor as per the MS article...
  7. Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Server 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2019: OK, here goes. I Have never posted a question to this, or any, forum regarding windows before, but I'm stumped. I'll try and be as clear as possible. The scenario: A newly installed windows Server 2019 standard running a Client/Server software called Dentrix. The server...
  9. Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt: When I try to RDP into a server, its asking me for my Windows Hello PIN. I then have to click 'more choices' select, my domain account, and login. I have to do this every time. How do I change the RDP prompt to default to my domain credentials, instead of trying to use...
  10. Issues connection to RD Gateway

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues connection to RD Gateway: Dear all, I have some trouble with some (not all) users connecting to RD Gateway. The RD Gateway is running Windows Server 2012 R2, the clients having the issues are Windows 10. When these users try to connect to the GW, the following error with Event ID 306 occurs in the...