Windows 10: Server 2022 user cal activation

Discus and support Server 2022 user cal activation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear community,I have acquired a 5 user cal license and I am trying to activate the license using the Remote Desktop licensing role that I installed I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Am.ml, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Am.ml Win User

Server 2022 user cal activation

Dear community,I have acquired a 5 user cal license and I am trying to activate the license using the Remote Desktop licensing role that I installed I don’t have a subscription, I am using an home lab for testing and training.I am not planning any productive service.I managed to activate the server, but still I can’t pass the subscription wizard.Please help.Thanks on advance.

:)

Am.ml, Feb 27, 2022
  2. Fatmasari Win User

Activate RDS CAL 2019 on Windows Server 2016

Dear Microsoft Support,

We recently purchased Windows Server RDS CAL 2019.

When we tried to install Windows Server RDS CAL 2019 into Windows Server 2016, it shows the license is not recognized and couldn’t install.

My questions are :

1. Can’t Windows RDS CAL 2019 be installed in Windows Server 2016? If can, how?
    2. Is there any way to downgrade RDS CAL from 2019 to 2016 version?

Thanks,

Fatmasari, Feb 27, 2022
  3. SBCollab Win User
    Server 2019 User CAL Product Number / SKUs

I am trying to locate the non-volume license product skus for Server 2019 User CALS. Everything I've read says User CALS should come in packs of 1, 5, 10, and 50.

I can find a 10 pack SKUs for Dell OEM Product and HP OEM Product. I'm looking for the official Microsoft SKUs - either non-branded OEM or FPP.

I've checked with two different technology vendors, two distributors, Microsoft sales. I've Googled, read numerous pages on the Microsoft Site about licensing, tried to come at it by looking at other websites
    that sell CALs and they seem to "repackage" volume licenses.

I understand all the differences between OEM, FPP, and VL - I don't need clarification on that.

In a perfect world I would love to find a list of the P/N, SKUs for the FPP/OEM 2019 Server products but for now It's mainly the 10 pack of User CALs that I need.

Additionally, the sku for a 10 Pack of RDS CALs would be awesome, BUT, I don't know for sure if that 10 pack exists. From my reading it would seem like it should but I've found zero hard evidence of that one.
    All the posts I've read about "packs" of CALS are discussions of User and Device.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: One clarification - region would be US, Market would be Small/Medium Business (as in not Academic, Govt, Large Enterprise, Charity, etc..)

SBCollab, Feb 27, 2022
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Server 2022 user cal activation - Similar Threads - Server 2022 user

2. RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019: Hi,I am trying for weeks now to figure out how can I get proper report.I have multiple Windows Server 2019 Per User CAL-s installed on my licensing server 2019.When I try to get report RD Licensing Manager to see available and issued licenses, I only received Installed but...
  3. RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDS Per User CAL Windows Server 2019: Hi,I am trying for weeks now to figure out how can I get proper report.I have multiple Windows Server 2019 Per User CAL-s installed on my licensing server 2019.When I try to get report RD Licensing Manager to see available and issued licenses, I only received Installed but...
  4. how to install and track cals in server 2022 workgroup

how to install and track cals in server 2022 workgroup: got a refurb dell server and had to buy 2022 standard with 5 cals because that was the minimum os to do what i need. installed it as a stand alone workgroup to support lan file sharing, web server, and some other specialty apps, all that is fine. but then i thought; i paid...
  5. how to install and track cals in server 2022 workgroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install and track cals in server 2022 workgroup: got a refurb dell server and had to buy 2022 standard with 5 cals because that was the minimum os to do what i need. installed it as a stand alone workgroup to support lan file sharing, web server, and some other specialty apps, all that is fine. but then i thought; i paid...
  6. If I have Windows Server 2022 installed, can I use Windows Server 2019 User CALs? Please...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I have Windows Server 2022 installed, can I use Windows Server 2019 User CALs? Please...: If I have Windows Server 2022 installed, can I use Windows Server 2019 User CALs? Please note this is not RDS CALs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-windows-server-2022-installed-can-i-use/3dc479ab-fef0-421c-b030-0eb5bf6e3f18
  7. If I have Windows Server 2022 installed, can I use Windows Server 2019 User CALs? Please...

If I have Windows Server 2022 installed, can I use Windows Server 2019 User CALs? Please...: If I have Windows Server 2022 installed, can I use Windows Server 2019 User CALs? Please note this is not RDS CALs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-windows-server-2022-installed-can-i-use/3dc479ab-fef0-421c-b030-0eb5bf6e3f18
  8. windows server 2022 activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows server 2022 activation: I BOUGHT SERVER STANDARD 2022 FROM THE MICROSOFT STORETHE CODE PROVIDED DOES NOT WORK WITH THE TRAIL VERSION FOR SERVER STANDARD 2022I HAVE CALLED SUPPORT BEEN TRANSFERRED OVER AND OVER AGAINWHY IS THIS SO HARD? CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?When did you guys screw this up that bad?...
  9. Server 2022 user cal activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server 2022 user cal activation: Dear community,I have acquired a 5 user cal license and I am trying to activate the license using the Remote Desktop licensing role that I installed I don’t have a subscription, I am using an home lab for testing and training.I am not planning any productive service.I managed...
  10. User CALs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User CALs: I work on a netowrk with several terminal servers and one of those servers is reserved for GPA. We have, roughly, 170 administrators and only 75 User CALs. I am aware that the licenses are good for 60 days and then they are returned back to the repository for redistribution....