Windows 10: Server and Network Drive disappeared from Network Windows10 (Long)

Discus and support Server and Network Drive disappeared from Network Windows10 (Long) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI All I have 3 computers running via a wired network, which has been faultless from W7 to recently a few weeks before W10 2004 19041.972, Experience... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2pods, Nov 11, 2020.

1. 2pods Win User

Server and Network Drive disappeared from Network Windows10 (Long)

HI All

I have 3 computers running via a wired network, which has been faultless from W7 to recently a few weeks before W10 2004 19041.972, Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0.

Also on the network are 2 Netgear servers (BigNAS and WeeNAS. Predictable eh ?), a WD "My Book World" network drive, and a WD "My Cloud" server in the living room for photos.

I normally have various shares from these mounted as network drives, but not all the same shares, on all the computers if you see what I mean ? e.g. Lenovo S20 normally has network drives called Music (from larger Netgear NAS), Stuff (My World Book Public folder), and Back Up (smaller Netgear NAS), Scan audio I9 has the same shares from the same places plus a folder pointing to the "My Cloud. Downstairs' Lenovo AIO has "Stuff", "Music", and two shares from the "My Cloud" for my wife and myself.

All was fine and dandy until the network drives weren't reconnecting on both the Lenovo machines, even though the disappearing drives were from different sources i.e. everything has disappeared from Lenovo S20 except the sources from BigNAS, whereas the Lenovo AIO has the BigNas stuff and the WeeNAS stuff (which is no longer found on the first Lenovo)

Looking at Network in File Explorer I used to see all the servers in the "Computer" field, but no longer. It's the same with the "Storage" field, one machine sees some but not others, the other machine has different servers missing. However, all of the server entries for "Media Players" are there. All servers also show up under "Network Locations" which lets me into the media folders but that's all. They don't even show up in the drop down when trying to create a network drive.

So far, touch wood, the Scan desktop has retained all of it's network drive connections.
    I know I haven't explained this very well, but I've done my best. I also tried the registry hack to no avail, so restored it back the way it was. I haven't added any software recently, so I'm starting to think I'll have to reinstall unless anybody has any ideas ?

Sorry for the length of the post

:)

2pods, Nov 11, 2020

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Nov 11, 2020
  3. FLY3R Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Server and Network Drive disappeared from Network Windows10 (Long) :)

FLY3R, Nov 11, 2020
  4. ebakunin Win User

Home network has disappeared from network list

I have two devices connected to my home wireless network, my phone and my laptop. Recently my network has disappeared from the laptop's list of networks. This did not happen with my phone, which works fine. By disappeared I mean my home network cannot be discovered by my laptop. This is not a connection issue because I cannot find the network to connect to. I do not have this problem with any other wireless network. I followed the various command prompts suggested by Microsoft's troubleshooting guide (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...nection-issues). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ebakunin, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Server and Network Drive disappeared from Network Windows10 (Long) - Similar Threads - Server Network Drive

2. Wifi network disappearing from list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network disappearing from list: On my Asus laptop windows 10, my wifi network keeps disappearing from the list of available networks. It happens when I use my laptop almost anywhere at home except on my desk. Sometimes it'll connect for a bit but then it'll disappear for 5 or 10+ minutes then reappear and...
  3. Wifi network disappearing from list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network disappearing from list: On my Asus laptop windows 10, my wifi network keeps disappearing from the list of available networks. It happens when I use my laptop almost anywhere at home except on my desk. Sometimes it'll connect for a bit but then it'll disappear for 5 or 10+ minutes then reappear and...
  4. Network drive keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network drive keeps disappearing: I have a user who is on our corporate domain with a domain account that has a login script. Yesterday, she was given access to another offices network drive since she will be working in the second office. Since she has a login script for the first office, the boss gave her...
  5. Computer disappearing from network

Computer disappearing from network: My wife's computer, which is on my home network, keeps disappearing from the network. This happens every few days. I can fix it by going to services.msc and shutting down the function discovery provider host and resource publication and restarting them. But I can't work out...
  6. networking windows10 and xp

networking windows10 and xp: I have a large workgroup lan about 20 pcs we have one xp machine tied to a machine control it shares its folder to receive files from other pcs all other machines are win 10 all put one can acccess this xp share I have tried many fixes, there is no firewall or anti...
  7. Network Sharing in Windows10 driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Sharing in Windows10 driving me crazy: Ok guys, I'm not exactly a PC noob, but basic network sharing in Windows10 is driving me crazy. In houses or small business configurations, with just <10 PCs ethernet-connected wanting to share everything with each other (max complexity a shared NAS), there's always a new...
  8. WiFi disappeared from network options

WiFi disappeared from network options: My father's HP laptop had been connected to the WiFi with no problems, but it has now disappeared and the only option is Ethernet which it says is disconnected. Have tried several troubleshooting options, installing drivers, resetting networks, and nothing has worked. There...
  9. Sharing Drives on a network server

Sharing Drives on a network server: I have setup a wireless networking server and all pc have access to the server C: drive But I don't want this as i have 5 other drives on the server and these are the ones I require all the PC to have access to they can see them but can not save to them. Please advise how I...
  10. Home network has disappeared from network list

Home network has disappeared from network list: I have two devices connected to my home wireless network, my phone and my laptop. Recently my network has disappeared from the laptop's list of networks. This did not happen with my phone, which works fine. By disappeared I mean my home network cannot be discovered by my...