Windows 10: Server blocks computer IP from accessing it?

Discus and support Server blocks computer IP from accessing it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I posted about this issue a long time ago, I thought it was fixed, but I guess not... The issue was with LTSB 2016 and Server 2016, but now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by threeeye, Mar 2, 2020.

1. threeeye Win User

Server blocks computer IP from accessing it?

Hi guys,
    I posted about this issue a long time ago, I thought it was fixed, but I guess not...
    The issue was with LTSB 2016 and Server 2016, but now it is happening also with LTSC 2019 and Server 2019.

I have a few servers (all of them 2019), RP, print etc...
    Sometimes a server (randomly) decides to block a computer from accessing it until I change the computers IP, or wait about 45min...

Sometimes I'm in a remote to 1 of the servers, and just out of the blue I get disconnected from the session

Example:
    My print server is deploying the printers with GPO, I installed a new computer, joined it to my domain, did gpupdate but it did not get the printers, I can ping the server, but I can't access it via \\print-server to show all the printers, but as soon as I changed IP, and re-gpupdate, I get the printers.

Yes, I tried turning off the firewall and AV

Anyone else having/had this issue?
    Can anyone help?

Thanks

:)

threeeye, Mar 2, 2020

2. IP accessing

How could a program on your computer block anything from accessing your router anyway?
    The router itself has to block things, I'd suggest using simple NAT and forwarding ports you need, the rest will be blocked.

DanTheBanjoman, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Karamas Win User
    IP accessing

I have a program hat i use to block certain ip address from accessing my router/switch and computer...but i was looking and it seems that there is always a person trying to access the computer whether i have a program up or not i can be do nothing and there is an ip adress trying to access the computer. Why is this. I know that the computer is tries to send out data but it shows ips coming in are these response from me sending out the data???

Karamas, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

"Server connectivity = blocked" on Xbox app on Windows 10

Hi MoonBunny17,

If your server connectivity is "Blocked", it means that your computer was unable to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the Quality of Service (QoS) server. Since you've tried the troubleshooting steps from our support page, let's try to restart the "IP
    Helper" and "Xbox Networking Service" by performing the following steps below:

1. Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run box.
    2. Type "services" and hit enter to open the Services Window
    3. Scroll down until you find an entry called “IP Helper”. Right-click on it, and then click Restart.
    4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and do the same thing for “Xbox Live Networking Service”.
    5. Close the window, open the Xbox app and check your connection again.

If the issue persists, I recommend that you try connecting your computer to another network to see if that will change the server connectivity on the Xbox app.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Server blocks computer IP from accessing it? - Similar Threads - Server blocks computer

2. Not able to access the server using the command \\Server but able to access using the IP...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to access the server using the command \\Server but able to access using the IP...: Hi;I am having a Windows Server 2003. This is connected to our domain controller which is on Windows server 2012 R2. I am not able to access the server using the command \\SERVERNAME but I am able to access the server using \\IPAddress.When I run the NSLOOKUP command the...
  3. Not able to access the server using the command \\Server but able to access using the IP...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to access the server using the command \\Server but able to access using the IP...: Hi;I am having a Windows Server 2003. This is connected to our domain controller which is on Windows server 2012 R2. I am not able to access the server using the command \\SERVERNAME but I am able to access the server using \\IPAddress.When I run the NSLOOKUP command the...
  4. Suspicious access from IP 13.101.121.120

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious access from IP 13.101.121.120: I am receiving constant e-mails from Microsoft reporting suspicious activity on my account. The problem started after I spent 2 weeks in Austria returning 6 Jul 22; the problem is suspicious syncing from IPs 13.101.121.120 and 13.101.121.74; which are allegedly based in the...
  5. Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP: I have a Windows Server 2019 Domain. I'm not able to acces the Server from Windows 10 Domain Clients by its Name but can do so with IP. When I ping Server name from problem computers I get the correct Server IP. I have tried ipconfig /flushdns with no success.When I try to...
  6. Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP: I have a Windows Server 2019 Domain. I'm not able to acces the Server from Windows 10 Domain Clients by its Name but can do so with IP. When I ping Server name from problem computers I get the correct Server IP. I have tried ipconfig /flushdns with no success.When I try to...
  7. Unable to access Server via Server Name but can via IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows not getting IP from DHCP server and access denied on net

Windows not getting IP from DHCP server and access denied on net: A couple of months ago my Windows installation started not connecting to the internet after boot, basically it doesn't get a valid IP address from my DHCP server it says "Invalid network configuration". Only way to solve this is to reboot and hope for the best, after a couple...
  9. Blocked access from various sites/servers/vpn after reset

Blocked access from various sites/servers/vpn after reset: After my pc reset 2 days ago, I've been having troubles going to some specific websites or some of my apps have problems connecting to their servers. I've tried different Internet connections wifi & data which works perfectly on other devices, resetting my pc again, resetting...
  10. Server network cannot access with name but accessible with ip

Server network cannot access with name but accessible with ip: I have a Server and a few windows 10 computers in my office. Usually i can access the server network from all computers by typing \\"servername". I restarted the server today morning and after that two of my windows 10 computers dont connect to server when I type...