Windows 10: Server changes printer ports

Discus and support Server changes printer ports in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, we have a client who has a server on which he has a cash register program. They have a remote location out of town from which they charge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tricov, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Tricov Win User

Server changes printer ports

Hello,

we have a client who has a server on which he has a cash register program.
    They have a remote location out of town from which they charge customers various items for contruction.

From the program, they can print out A4 format receipt and POS receipts.

The server changes ports out of some reason. So the next day, they cannot print because Windows Server has changed the ports or sometimes deletes the printers for no reason.

I have some logs enabled which I will attach if they might help.

Server changes printer ports 8cf4af86-3155-4d30-9849-106aa4953fed?upload=true.png

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin

Source: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService

Date: 25.3.2019. 10:05:28

Event ID: 372

Task Category: Printing a document

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic Spooler Event,Document Print Job

User: SERVER\Korisnik

Computer: SERVER

Description:

The document Print Document, owned by Korisnik, failed to print on printer Generic / Text Only. Try to print the document again or restart the print spooler.

Data type: NT EMF 1.008. Size of the spool file in bytes: 14060. Number of bytes printed: 0. Total number of pages in the document: 1. Number of pages printed: 0. Client computer: \\SERVER. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 67. The network name cannot be found.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-PrintService" Guid="{747EF6FD-E535-4D16-B510-42C90F6873A1}" />

<EventID>372</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>26</Task>

<Opcode>12</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000840</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-03-25T09:05:28.177681500Z" />

<EventRecordID>137</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="2540" ThreadID="11100" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin</Channel>

<Computer>SERVER</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1243403277-612044259-3505128279-1001" />

</System>

<UserData>

<PrintOnProcFailedEd xmlns="http://manifests.microsoft.com/win/2005/08/windows/printing/spooler/core/events">

<Param1>Print Document</Param1>

<Param2>Korisnik</Param2>

<Param3>Generic / Text Only</Param3>

<Param4>NT EMF 1.008</Param4>

<Param5>14060</Param5>

<Param6>0</Param6>

<Param7>1</Param7>

<Param8>0</Param8>

<Param9>\\SERVER</Param9>

<Param10>67</Param10>

<Param11>The network name cannot be found.

</Param11>

</PrintOnProcFailedEd>

</UserData>

</Event>Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin

Source: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService

Date: 25.3.2019. 10:05:28

Event ID: 372

Task Category: Printing a document

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic Spooler Event,Document Print Job

User: SERVER\Korisnik

Computer: SERVER

Description:

The document Print Document, owned by Korisnik, failed to print on printer Generic / Text Only. Try to print the document again or restart the print spooler.

Data type: NT EMF 1.008. Size of the spool file in bytes: 14060. Number of bytes printed: 0. Total number of pages in the document: 1. Number of pages printed: 0. Client computer: \\SERVER. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 67. The network name cannot be found.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-PrintService" Guid="{747EF6FD-E535-4D16-B510-42C90F6873A1}" />

<EventID>372</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>26</Task>

<Opcode>12</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000840</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-03-25T09:05:28.177681500Z" />

<EventRecordID>137</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="2540" ThreadID="11100" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin</Channel>

<Computer>SERVER</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1243403277-612044259-3505128279-1001" />

</System>

<UserData>

<PrintOnProcFailedEd xmlns="http://manifests.microsoft.com/win/2005/08/windows/printing/spooler/core/events">

<Param1>Print Document</Param1>

<Param2>Korisnik</Param2>

<Param3>Generic / Text Only</Param3>

<Param4>NT EMF 1.008</Param4>

<Param5>14060</Param5>

<Param6>0</Param6>

<Param7>1</Param7>

<Param8>0</Param8>

<Param9>\\SERVER</Param9>

<Param10>67</Param10>

<Param11>The network name cannot be found.

</Param11>

</PrintOnProcFailedEd>

</UserData>

</Event>

:)

Tricov, Apr 18, 2019

2. Default Printer changing to Printer that's first in the "Port Name" List

Hi All,

I have an issue where the default printer keeps changing to the Printer that's Port Name is first in the "Port Name" List in ascending order, whenever I RDP into it.

Some Note:

• The default printer changes on the remote PC (The PC I RDP into).
    • All OS's involved are Windows 10 Pro x64.
    • I unchecked the "Printers" checkbox on the saved .RDP file.
    • I have turned the "Let Windows manage my default printer" option on and then printed from the correct default printer but then when I RDP into it from home it changes to the Printer that's Port Name is first in the "Port Name" List in ascending order.
    I cant rename the Port Name without re-adding the printers which I really don't want to have to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

duncanwarrender, Apr 18, 2019
  3. bodosko Win User
    Wireless modem router plus printer port ?

Hello guys.

Does it exist? A Wireless ADSL modem router with printer port all-in-one ?
    If not, what is the best option to buy?
    All 3 separated? Or Wireless router with printer server and a modem?

I would like an adsl modem suggestion that its very solid and doesnt freeze. Because I have a Dlink-500B and this thing freezes a lot.

And if you know any website that is specialized in modems please let me know.

Thank you.

bodosko, Apr 18, 2019
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

Thema:

1. Server changes printer ports - Similar Threads - Server changes printer

2. Unused Printer Ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unused Printer Ports: Windows 11I have an unused printer port old that is no longer in use.I tried to delete the port but I get the message the resource is in use.How do I delete this port?Thanks Bruce...
  3. Unused Printer Ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unused Printer Ports: Windows 11I have an unused printer port old that is no longer in use.I tried to delete the port but I get the message the resource is in use.How do I delete this port?Thanks Bruce...
  4. What is the Windows 10 Printer Server Port ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the Windows 10 Printer Server Port ??: Hi Guys. I have installed printers in my windows 10 machine print server and shared them in our network. One of the program which needs to add the printers along with Port number. What is the port number of Print Server in Windows 10?? Regards, Kumar...
  5. Printer ports missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer ports missing: Windows 10 I have had 3 windows 10 computers with this recent problem. The printer ports list is incomplete with missing ports always created local ports. If I try to add a missing port back in the list I get a message the port already exists. Yet I cannot assign a missing...
  6. Losing unc in printer local port since KB556846 on server 2012?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Losing unc in printer local port since KB556846 on server 2012?: Anyone having same issue? Printer is loosing its localport is a unc was assigned. This append when spooler service is restarted. Affected Localspl.dll is April 29th version is 6.3.9600.19701 If we replace to Feb. 9th version 6.3.9600.19293 everything is back to...
  7. Need to change printer port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need to change printer port: My HP printer used to work without any problems but now it will only print to file. I looked and see it is assigned to a FILE: print to file port. How do I change this?...
  8. How to identify and change the printer port?

How to identify and change the printer port?: My printer stopped printing after the last Windows update. I updated the drivers. Ran HP and Windows trouble shooter and neither could identify the issue. I think it could be the port. It defaults to a LPT1 port. Is that accurate and if not how do you determine what port...
  9. Printer Ports

Printer Ports: Samsung laser printer was working fine until today when a message flashed up along the lines of "printer port disabled/reconfigured. do you wish to use a valid port?" (may not be word for word). Clicked yes and tried again. Now, when I print, there is a pop-up box...
  10. Printer port confusion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer port confusion: Since upgrading to Win 10 from release date, my wifi printer (Epson XP-215) worked fine until a few weeks ago, when the printer showed 'offline' and the connection could not be restored. Thinking it was a printer problem, I called Epson support and they talked me through a...