Windows 10: "Server execution failed" Every time I try to play an mp3

Discus and support "Server execution failed" Every time I try to play an mp3 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am unable to play ANY media files whatsoever on Windows 10! Every time I try, I always get "Server execution failed" No matter what file it is.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ornithophilia, Feb 6, 2019.

1. "Server execution failed" Every time I try to play an mp3

I am unable to play ANY media files whatsoever on Windows 10! Every time I try, I always get "Server execution failed" No matter what file it is.

Googling around suggests that this is a Windows Explorer problem but the only fix it offers did not work! I am still getting "Server execution failed" when I try to play a .mp3, .wav, or a .mp4 file!

How do I fix this?

:)

Ornithophilia, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Feb 6, 2019
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Server Execution Failed

Have you tried adding Administrator to Local Users & Group.This has fixed some people's problem with "Server Execution Failed",but I think they were also getting a warning in event viewer - the error 7023 "The Network List Service service
    terminated with the following error: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

Fix taken from here -
    http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=1001

oily_17, Feb 6, 2019
  4. "Server execution failed" Every time I try to play an mp3

receiving error: server execution failed

My computer kept wanting to finish a virus protection something by restarting. That did not seem unusual and while I had put it off a number of times I finally clicked "now". A few hours later I came back to the computer and nothing would open. Anything
    I tried to open either said "server execution failed" or appeared to open and then disappeared. It just flashed on like it was going to open and then disappeared. I can see all apps when I click on windows button and the full list of options when I right click.
    Can't type anything in search. Task manager brings me nowhere and change users takes me to my log-in. What do I do???

Original title:server execution failed

joanicooki, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

"Server execution failed" Every time I try to play an mp3

1. "Server execution failed" Every time I try to play an mp3 - Similar Threads - Server execution failed

2. Windows 10 update fails every time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fails every time: One day Windows 10 was updating (I have version 1607) and my computer shut off during the update. I got into a reboot loop which i luckily got out of by using some commands and booting Windows from a usb. Since then, every single day, Windows tries updating and gets an error....
  3. Open WMP with "Server Execution Failed"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open WMP with "Server Execution Failed": I got with "Server Execution Failed" when opening WMP in Windows 10. Searching on the web, I have tried many hints but failed all the time. What is the true cure of this problem ? Is it due to codecs problem or anything related to internet ? *** Email address is removed for...
  4. Windows updates fail every time

Windows updates fail every time: I'm using windows 10 version 1511 and i've been havin problems updating windows. Tried troubleshooting but it couldn't work. I also kept receiving the error code'800272ee2' when it's halfway updating. Pls help....
  5. windows 10 1803 fails every time.

windows 10 1803 fails every time.: I know there is a lot of these and i have tried almost if not everything. i have tried the update route the media creation route using both windows tool and rufus and i have reset the server route and i have done the sfc /scannow and the dism route. i have a hp envy x2...
  6. windows media player server execution failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows media player server execution failed: windows media player server execution failed. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-media-player-server-execution-failed/8440f89a-57f0-461d-88c9-6e63e74d8c58
  7. how to play mp3 dvd?

how to play mp3 dvd?: What are the settings to play mp3 dvd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-play-mp3-dvd/d641aca1-e24e-4afd-958c-76ff7f8e0a4d
  8. System Restore Fails Every Time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Fails Every Time: Hi Guys, Here is a weird one. On Win 10 Pro, 1803, Build 17134.48. Every system restore fails on my machine, with the error as in attachment. [img] If I try booting from Windows 10 setup USB boot and select Repair, then go to System Restore, I get this message: To use...
  9. Archeage - Disconnects every time i select a server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Archeage - Disconnects every time i select a server: Hey there, I recently built a new PC and installed windows 10 as my operating system (some what regretting it at this moment) and i have installed a game called Archeage that worked just fine on windows 7 with no connection issues what so ever. Now with windows 10 as i try...
  10. Can't play mp3 music

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't play mp3 music: I upgraded from 10166 to 10240. I can't play mp3 files on windows media player, vlan media player, or anything else. They played fine on other builds. Is there a way to play them now? 8523