Windows 10: "Server execution failed" Every time I try to play an mp3

Discus and support "Server execution failed" Every time I try to play an mp3 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am unable to play ANY media files whatsoever on Windows 10! Every time I try, I always get "Server execution failed" No matter what file it is.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ornithophilia, Feb 6, 2019.

1. "Server execution failed" Every time I try to play an mp3

I am unable to play ANY media files whatsoever on Windows 10! Every time I try, I always get "Server execution failed" No matter what file it is.

Googling around suggests that this is a Windows Explorer problem but the only fix it offers did not work! I am still getting "Server execution failed" when I try to play a .mp3, .wav, or a .mp4 file!

How do I fix this?

:)

Ornithophilia, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Feb 6, 2019
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Server Execution Failed

Have you tried adding Administrator to Local Users & Group.This has fixed some people's problem with "Server Execution Failed",but I think they were also getting a warning in event viewer - the error 7023 "The Network List Service service
    terminated with the following error: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

Fix taken from here -
    http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=1001

oily_17, Feb 6, 2019
  4. "Server execution failed" Every time I try to play an mp3

receiving error: server execution failed

My computer kept wanting to finish a virus protection something by restarting. That did not seem unusual and while I had put it off a number of times I finally clicked "now". A few hours later I came back to the computer and nothing would open. Anything
    I tried to open either said "server execution failed" or appeared to open and then disappeared. It just flashed on like it was going to open and then disappeared. I can see all apps when I click on windows button and the full list of options when I right click.
    Can't type anything in search. Task manager brings me nowhere and change users takes me to my log-in. What do I do???

Original title:server execution failed

joanicooki, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

"Server execution failed" Every time I try to play an mp3

1. "Server execution failed" Every time I try to play an mp3 - Similar Threads - Server execution failed

2. Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD every time i try to play a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD every time i try to play a game.: This has happened to me some weeks back as well. I found online that this can be fixed by turning off Fast Shut down. I did that and it actually worked but now the problem is back. I did an analysis of the Memory dump using WinDbg :DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 The DPC watchdog...
  3. Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD every time i try to play a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD every time i try to play a game.: This has happened to me some weeks back as well. I found online that this can be fixed by turning off Fast Shut down. I did that and it actually worked but now the problem is back. I did an analysis of the Memory dump using WinDbg :DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 The DPC watchdog...
  4. BSOD every time I try to play a game NEED HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time I try to play a game NEED HELP!: So I've been experiencing pc crashes or BSOD problems for a few weeks now whenever I play a game and I've tried running different tests and scans to figure out what is causing it but can't seem to pinpoint the problem. The specific BSOD I've been receiving is the stop code:...
  5. BSOD every time I try to play a game NEED HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every time I try to play a game NEED HELP!: So I've been experiencing pc crashes or BSOD problems for a few weeks now whenever I play a game and I've tried running different tests and scans to figure out what is causing it but can't seem to pinpoint the problem. The specific BSOD I've been receiving is the stop code:...
  6. BSOD every time I try to play a game NEED HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WSL Server execution failed

WSL Server execution failed: Hello, I've been using Ubuntu with WSL2 for a while now, but it has stopped functioning well the last weeks. The error I get when running Ubuntu for instance is:WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80080005 Error: 0x80080005 Server execution failed.Sure, disabling wsl...
  8. Explorer.exe Server execution failed. Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer.exe Server execution failed. Error: Hi, I've been facing this issue which I try and open "This PC" or rather any folder. I can't open any folder. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorerexe-server-execution-failed-error/e43effe0-cff5-4377-b293-ed027a4753cc
  9. systeminfo ERROR: Server execution failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    systeminfo ERROR: Server execution failed: This is the error: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> systeminfo ERROR: Server execution failed PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> The question is why? No results searching with Bing and Google - though there were a few pages for Explorer and Media Player errors. There is a page from "Experts...
  10. Open WMP with "Server Execution Failed"

Open WMP with "Server Execution Failed": I got with "Server Execution Failed" when opening WMP in Windows 10. Searching on the web, I have tried many hints but failed all the time. What is the true cure of this problem ? Is it due to codecs problem or anything related to internet ? *** Email address is removed for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to play mp3 server execution failed