Windows 10: \\server is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this network resource

Discus and support \\server is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this network resource in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many users use their Windows 10 computers to create and access their data on their servers via their network. Some users have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 13, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

\\server is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this network resource

WinClub, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Whats How Win User

PC is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions

\server is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this network resource 5314c4b7-4964-459f-9bdf-3cdb4bee85e6.jpg

Please go through it may help you....

You might not have permission to use this network resource | Contact the administrator : Solved.

Solution 1:- Watch

Error Message:- \\Localhost is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Step 1 :- disable the antivirus.....program

step:- 2.. check the firewall settings..

Steps 3:- go to control panel..... user account ....... manage credentials............ and from the save password

valet remove from the list of the save password and open again the network... and remove the save credential.

Solution 2:- Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Advanced sharing settings > All networks Choose option

Enable file sharing for devices that use 40- or 56 bit encryption.

\server is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this network resource 962caea8-bbb1-4d50-a9dd-0c86f008751c.jpg

Whats How, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Feb 13, 2019
  4. J6H
    J6H Win User

\\server is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this network resource

Folder is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.

I have a Homegroup set up with two PCs: one runs Windows 8.1, the other runs Windows 10. The Win10 PC can access documents on the Win8 PC, but when the Win8.1 PC tries to access documents on the W10 PC it gets the error message "\\JOHN-LAPTOP\Documents
    is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions."

As far as I can see the permissions are set up the same on both PCs. And both PCs were able to access documents on the other PC without problem until the summer. I am not aware of having changed anything that would prevent access, though Windows updates
    have been applied to both PCs as and when they have been released.

Incidentally, the Win8.1 PC can access the Music library on the Win10 PC.

I have tried all the suggestions I have found on the internet, but without success. Please can you help ?

Thema:

1. \\server is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this network resource - Similar Threads - server accessible might

2. \\CompName is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    \\CompName is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource......: Please can you help with a major networking problem which has caused substantial disruption since August 2019. Originally seven Windows XP computers were networked via Ethernet or WiFi and all were mutually accessible - the Windows XP network worked very well. The problems...
  3. \\CompName is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    \\CompName is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource......: Please can you help with a major networking problem which has caused substantial disruption since August 2019. Originally seven Windows XP computers were networked via Ethernet or WiFi and all were mutually accessible - the Windows XP network worked very well. The problems...
  4. \\URL is not accessible. You may not have permission to use the network resource. Cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    \\URL is not accessible. You may not have permission to use the network resource. Cannot...: This issue is on a Dell XPS 13 9380 running Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2. After some issues I decided I needed to reset this PC. After doing so, this laptop can no longer access my Synology NAS DS220+ by SMB. It can access by using either the Edge or the Chrome browser. I have...
  5. \\URL is not accessible. You may not have permission to use the network resource. Cannot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    \\URL is not accessible. You may not have permission to use the network resource. Cannot...: This issue is on a Dell XPS 13 9380 running Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2. After some issues I decided I needed to reset this PC. After doing so, this laptop can no longer access my Synology NAS DS220+ by SMB. It can access by using either the Edge or the Chrome browser. I have...
  6. Windows 10 Shared Drives or Folders - You might not have permission to use this network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Shared Drives or Folders - You might not have permission to use this network...: Hello everyone, If you're like me Windows 10 is a headache when it comes to sharing drivers from one Windows 10 PC to another.... I ran into the below issue: [ATTACH] \\something is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the...
  7. "You Do Not Have a Permission to Access" a network computer

"You Do Not Have a Permission to Access" a network computer: I am running Windows 10 pro on two computer. One was upgraded I call PC and the other a new laptop I call LT. I set the network to share as per the instructions and I can read my files on my PC from my LT with no problem. However when I try to go read the files under the...
  8. You do not have to permission to access (shared network resource) contact your administrator

You do not have to permission to access (shared network resource) contact your administrator: Hi, This is a solution rather than a question. I found the question above, but not an answer. All suggested answers to this question were so ridiculously in depth for a basic drive share over a local LAN that I knew there must be a simpler solution. So I'm assuming you've...
  9. Access Denied. You don't have permission to access "" on this server.

Access Denied. You don't have permission to access "" on this server.: ERROR MESSAGEAccess Denied You don't have permission to access "Steam Community :: Error" on this server.Reference #18.b1f31502.1439008845.47ab9a03 Hello there, I use steam. So basically what's happening is that sometimes, randomly I get this error message because of...
  10. Forbidden: You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Forbidden: You don't have permission to access / on this server.: Only have this error message on one website so far, but I was able to visit it a few days ago with no problems. Not sure why anything has changed, can someone please help? 64602