Windows 10: Server/IT newb question, need help in the right direction on VM stuff

Discus and support Server/IT newb question, need help in the right direction on VM stuff in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, not sure if Im in the right section but figured Id start here. I have some absolutely mega Excel spreadsheets that I work in, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Guitarmageddon, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Server/IT newb question, need help in the right direction on VM stuff

Hello everyone, not sure if Im in the right section but figured Id start here.

I have some absolutely mega Excel spreadsheets that I work in, and sometimes for the users Im working with, the best way for them to do analysis and caluclations is with typical "conventional" type formulas in excel. As you can imagine, when stacked on top of eachother, these can cost quite a lot of calculation time in Excel. Most of our laptops are i56440 chips which I believe are dual core 4 thread. They totally get bogged down.

Im thinking of approaching our IT staff and asking if there is a way to create a VM that they can dedicate some more thread horsepower to so that we can "bruit force" if you will, through some of these spreadsheet calcs faster. It would only be in use maybe a few hours a week, and would only truly be doing calculations a fraction of that.

Am I asking this the right way? What would be the correct terminology to use? Am I expecting results that arent realistic?

:)

Guitarmageddon, Aug 1, 2020

2. Server/IT newb question, need help in the right direction on VM stuff

Hello everyone, not sure if Im in the right section but figured Id start here.

I have some absolutely mega Excel spreadsheets that I work in, and sometimes for the users Im working with, the best way for them to do analysis and caluclations is with typical "conventional" type formulas in excel. As you can imagine, when stacked on top of eachother, these can cost quite a lot of calculation time in Excel. Most of our laptops are i56440 chips which I believe are dual core 4 thread. They totally get bogged down.

Im thinking of approaching our IT staff and asking if there is a way to create a VM that they can dedicate some more thread horsepower to so that we can "bruit force" if you will, through some of these spreadsheet calcs faster. It would only be in use maybe a few hours a week, and would only truly be doing calculations a fraction of that.

Am I asking this the right way? What would be the correct terminology to use? Am I expecting results that arent realistic?

Guitarmageddon, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Server/IT newb question, need help in the right direction on VM stuff

Windows Server 2016 Standard VM Licensing

Hello

I have a physical server that I already installed windows server 2016 on and activated using an OEM license.

If I create 2 VMs using hyper V, can I activate the 2 VMs using the same license key I used to activate the physical server with?

Second question, if I need two additional VMs, can I buy another Oem license, to activate the other 2 newly created ones and have a total of 4 activated VMs ?

AhmadSalhany, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Server/IT newb question, need help in the right direction on VM stuff

1. Server/IT newb question, need help in the right direction on VM stuff - Similar Threads - Server newb question

2. NEED HELP about powering stuff

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NEED HELP about powering stuff: Hi everyone.Few days ago I turn on my PC but I noticed that all the fan chase fan and Processor fan are spinning the few second stop spinning it happens while the PC is in states of power button still on, but then I turn it off then turn it on again and it happens again while...
  3. NEED HELP about powering stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED HELP about powering stuff: Hi everyone.Few days ago I turn on my PC but I noticed that all the fan chase fan and Processor fan are spinning the few second stop spinning it happens while the PC is in states of power button still on, but then I turn it off then turn it on again and it happens again while...
  4. NEED HELP about powering stuff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i need help cant sign in to stuff

i need help cant sign in to stuff: so whenever I try to sign into anything like Xbox it doesn't work I've tried resetting the computer I reseted my pass at least 5 times and it says password incorrect on my pc but on the website or on my phone it works fine please help...
  6. I need help with my apps and stuff

I need help with my apps and stuff: Hello! in december of 2020 i got my laptop for school, I use it a lot and It has a lot of problems with windows, its a HP laptop probook and it wont let me access; calculator, microsoft store, films and tv, photos, camera. I have recently updated to windows 11 thinking it...
  7. Need some help or direction on software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need some help or direction on software: About two years ago, after a Windows 10 update, a legacy program written in Visual Basic started displaying a dialog to update the software. This package has a check every 7 days to insure that the software is on it's most current version. The problem arises because the...
  8. Question need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question need help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DontbeACritic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kw99s2/question_need_help/
  9. Advice for apparently troubled help forumfrom a newb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advice for apparently troubled help forumfrom a newb: It seems apparent that the help topics in your forum are seriously misconstrued as answered problems, but they are far from helpful, or answered by any sense of the word. It also seems that anyone can mark a response as the solution to the problem, even if it is not their...
  10. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration ... newb question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration ... newb question: Hello. I have the Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration problem which I've googled and discovered is common and well known, i.e., make sure the adapter is set to obtain the IP automatically, and if that fails update the drivers. However... I need help getting the...