Windows 10: Server Manager refresh failed error

Discus and support Server Manager refresh failed error in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; When opening Server Manager on the server, in the notifications you will see an error stating Refresh Failed. At this stage, you will not be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Noel New Member

Server Manager refresh failed error

When opening Server Manager on the server, in the notifications you will see an error stating Refresh Failed.

At this stage, you will not be able to add any features to the server and you will not be able to add or remove windows features.

A pop-up about collecting inventory data and a refresh error saying “Configuration refresh failed with the following error: Invalid class” will show.

Before proceeding you can take a backup of this by using the command below
    winmgmt /backup %computername%_MM_DD_YEAR.WMI_backup

To fix the problem you would need to do the following in a command prompt as Administrator.

winmgmt /verifyrepository
    winmgmt /salvagerepository
    winmgmt /resetrepository

This will resolve the problem and when you relaunch the Server Manager, you will be able to add the features with no issues.

(0)

read more...

2. Windows Server: Cannot refresh configuration in "Server Manager"

I had recently switched over to the Desktop Experience of Windows Server 2019 Standard. In the Server Manager I had been trying to fix issues with refreshing configuration. The error message keeps saying "WinRM Cannot Process the request". I have been testing
    out several tricks for the past day and yet nothing.

Richard7887, Jan 20, 2023
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jan 20, 2023
  4. Server Manager refresh failed error

N8 SW Update Refreshing failed

My phone is N8 (Grey, Anna).

While refreshing SW Update list, it got "SW Update Refreshing failed" error.

Why does it occur?

Michael_PSB, Jan 20, 2023
Thema:

Server Manager refresh failed error

1. Server Manager refresh failed error - Similar Threads - Server Manager refresh

2. Disk Management Refresh Says "The remote procedure call failed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management Refresh Says "The remote procedure call failed": None of my removable drives show up. This just started happening. There was also a Windows update at the same time.I have:Windows 10 Pro19044.2251RPCSS says it is running with startup type automatic.RPC locator is set to manual, and apparently not running.My removable drive...
  3. Disk Management Refresh Says "The remote procedure call failed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Management Refresh Says "The remote procedure call failed": None of my removable drives show up. This just started happening. There was also a Windows update at the same time.I have:Windows 10 Pro19044.2251RPCSS says it is running with startup type automatic.RPC locator is set to manual, and apparently not running.My removable drive...
  4. Disk Management Refresh Says "The remote procedure call failed"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Failed setup of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed setup of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio: Hi,I am trying to install SSMS locally in order to connect to an Azure SQL Database. The installation does not work as displayed below, how can I resolve this issue?...
  6. Windows server manager error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows server manager error: I was try to use windows server manager to management my server. And here have a error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-manager-error/d36c3dc4-b81e-4ea4-91b7-296e2ec500d6
  7. windows refresh failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows refresh failed: refresh failure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-refresh-failed/a9c48c64-1977-46c3-a222-5722ef5322dc
  8. Explorer.exe Server execution failed. Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer.exe Server execution failed. Error: Hi, I've been facing this issue which I try and open "This PC" or rather any folder. I can't open any folder. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorerexe-server-execution-failed-error/e43effe0-cff5-4377-b293-ed027a4753cc
  9. systeminfo ERROR: Server execution failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    systeminfo ERROR: Server execution failed: This is the error: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> systeminfo ERROR: Server execution failed PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> The question is why? No results searching with Bing and Google - though there were a few pages for Explorer and Media Player errors. There is a page from "Experts...
  10. Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – March 2016 Refresh

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – March 2016 Refresh: Announcing SQL Server Management Studio – March 2016 Refresh Today, we are very pleased to announce the latest preview of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). This release includes all updates included in the earlier March release, and features an update to the Visual...