Windows 10: Server Restarting Several Times per day.

Discus and support Server Restarting Several Times per day. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Windows Server 2016 that is restarting a couple of times per day. Critical Event Viewer Page below. Any insight would be apprecaited.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshPoore, May 16, 2019.

1. JoshPoore Win User

Server Restarting Several Times per day.

I have a Windows Server 2016 that is restarting a couple of times per day. Critical Event Viewer Page below.

Any insight would be apprecaited.

-<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>4</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-16T01:55:16.522428300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>247900</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>EOTB-SERVER</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">292</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xffffd905956f0028</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xb6000000</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x100153</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

JoshPoore, May 16, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Server Restarting Several Times per day. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 16, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, May 16, 2019
  4. SteveCase Win User

Problem with synching to time server

When looking through the list of events in Windows Event Viewer, I have, for a long while now, been getting, every day, several warnings that look like this:-

Event 134, Time service
    NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time-new.nist.gov'. NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. The error was: No such host is known. (0x80072AF9).

The most recent of these was today at 15:28. When I look at the internet time settings (via control panel), it says the clock was successfully synchronised with time.nst.gov on 22/10/2018 (today) at 16:19 (a few minutes ago). The list of time servers is as follows:-

time.windows.com
    time.nist.gov
    time.nw.nist.gov
    time-a.nist.gov
    time-b.nist.gov

My questions is this: Why is the NTP client apparently trying to synchronise using a server that isn’t in the list? Where is it getting the server name 'time-new.nist.gov' from? It’s not in the list - only ‘time.nw.nist.gov’.
    If I set the time server to time.windows.com should it cure the problem?

SteveCase, May 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Server Restarting Several Times per day. - Similar Threads - Server Restarting Several

2. BSOD several times per day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD several times per day: I was a happy owner of Surface Laptop 4, and it started over a year ago with random BSOD once a month. Now it comes to several BSODs per day :-I think it started progressing after upgrading to Windows 11, but I'm unsure.I'm not doing anything special on this laptop, mostly...
  3. BSOD several times per day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD several times per day: I was a happy owner of Surface Laptop 4, and it started over a year ago with random BSOD once a month. Now it comes to several BSODs per day :-I think it started progressing after upgrading to Windows 11, but I'm unsure.I'm not doing anything special on this laptop, mostly...
  4. User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day: Hello -A user here is experiencing an weird issue with windows explorer, at least I think that's the core of the issue.It started with her not being able to open files inside of a zip folder. She double clicks on the files, and nothing happens. After unzipping the files, the...
  5. User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day: Hello -A user here is experiencing an weird issue with windows explorer, at least I think that's the core of the issue.It started with her not being able to open files inside of a zip folder. She double clicks on the files, and nothing happens. After unzipping the files, the...
  6. User needing to restart explorer.exe multiple times per day

7. Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week: About two months ago, I upgraded my system new MOBO, RAM, CPU and also installed a fresh copy of Win10 Home Edition. Shortly thereafter, I've had a recurring problem with my PC just randomly rebooting. It can be while I'm actively doing something or when I'm away. It seems to...
  8. Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week

Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week: About two months ago, I upgraded my system new MOBO, RAM, CPU and also installed a fresh copy of Win10 Home Edition. Shortly thereafter, I've had a recurring problem with my PC just randomly rebooting. It can be while I'm actively doing something or when I'm away. It seems to...
  9. Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. AppHangB1 explorer.exe crashes several times per day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AppHangB1 explorer.exe crashes several times per day: This problem has occurred mostly since 6/20. 2-4 times per day. I cannot identify anything in particular that I am doing when the crash occurs. Has happened when switching apps with taskbar and after login (after I have stepped away for a while) I can restart explorer and...