Windows 10: Server showing up in File Explorer

Discus and support Server showing up in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a server private cloud attached to my PC. Windows 10 Professional. The server doesn't show up under File Explorer. How do I enable that? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TedSherwood, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Server showing up in File Explorer

I have a server private cloud attached to my PC. Windows 10 Professional. The server doesn't show up under File Explorer. How do I enable that? The computer is used by three people who access the same server; for both their Microsoft accounts, they can see the files in the server.

:)

TedSherwood, Dec 25, 2019
  2. AM*
    Am* Win User

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Server showing up in File Explorer [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Server showing up in File Explorer

How to not separate pictures and videos in File Explorer?

Hi.

If Date Modified doesn't show on the options when you choose Sort by, we suggest that you perform this steps:

• In File Explorer, select the folder you want to have changes with.
    • Right-click and select Sort by.
    • Select More, then check if the Date modified option has a check mark.
    • Click OK, then try to perform again the steps provided by Acelyn Alc.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Server showing up in File Explorer

1. Server showing up in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Server showing File

2. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  3. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  4. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Artwork not showing up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Artwork not showing up on File Explorer: My File Explorer music files do not show the artwork. I've already made sure the "Always show icons , never thumbnails is Unchecked. I tried a couple other things as well, but no luck. Any suggestions, please?...
  6. Artwork not showing up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Artwork not showing up on File Explorer: My File Explorer music files do not show the artwork. I've already made sure the "Always show icons , never thumbnails is Unchecked. I tried a couple other things as well, but no luck. Any suggestions, please?...
  7. Artwork not showing up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Temp files showing up in file explorer

Temp files showing up in file explorer: Hello , I work as an IT for a Cargo Company . Recently some users have reported an issue of temporary files pinned in the file explorer. I tried deleting the temps but it wont let me. I also ran CCleaner and nothing. Have searched the internet but have found no answer to...
  9. Files not showing up with File Explorer

Files not showing up with File Explorer: I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were the file that I was...
  10. Mysterious files showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious files showing up in file explorer: Running Win 10 anniversary update on new HP all-in-one with a 256GB SSD (C*Smile and a 2TB SATA (D*Smile drive. About three weeks ago I decided to move all of my data files from C: to the D: drive leaving only OS and program files on C:. I did not permanently delete...