Windows 10: Server Standard 2022 hyper-v VM licensing

Discus and support Server Standard 2022 hyper-v VM licensing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there,First of all, there is no "server" topic, so I put this under windows->other/unknownAccording to this, if I have my fully licensed Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShonoSF, May 4, 2022.

1. ShonoSF Win User

Server Standard 2022 hyper-v VM licensing

Hi there,First of all, there is no "server" topic, so I put this under windows->other/unknownAccording to this, if I have my fully licensed Windows Server Standard, than I can run 2 VM with the same license.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/product-licensing/windows-server?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0My understanding is:- physical host win srv std +2 vm with win srv std; in sum 3 full licenseI achived:- host os installed with desktop experience, activated with STD license key, hyper-v role installed no other role installed - expect default file/storage service- first VM instal

:)

ShonoSF, May 4, 2022
  2. KMRL84 Win User

Hyper-V VM server licensing

Hello,

We have a VM running a 2012 R2 OS and are having an issue applying the license we have purchased.

I was advised that a 2019 standard license would work for licensing a 2012 server and this is not working when typing in the key to the VM.

Can anyone point out what could be the issue, maybe I'm supposed to type the key into the Hyper-V host?

KMRL84, May 4, 2022
  3. License for Windows server 2016 Standard

Hi, I have question related with Windows Server 2016 Standard.

I have A server, It's hardware is 2 xeon and memory 64 GB. I want to install it with Windows Server 2016 Standard edition.

And I want to use Hyper-V and install 4 Hyper-V (Windows too). I read that it's not possible. Because Windows Server 2016 standard is only allow 2 hyper-V + 1 main server.

Is it possible I add 2 more license for hyper-V, so I will have 4 Hyper-V VM ?

or is it possible if I run 2 Hyper-V VM (windows server) with additional 2 VM (Linux) ?

Thanks

M.SolehFajari, May 4, 2022
  4. Server Standard 2022 hyper-v VM licensing

Windows Server 2016 Standard VM Licensing

Hello

I have a physical server that I already installed windows server 2016 on and activated using an OEM license.

If I create 2 VMs using hyper V, can I activate the 2 VMs using the same license key I used to activate the physical server with?

Second question, if I need two additional VMs, can I buy another Oem license, to activate the other 2 newly created ones and have a total of 4 activated VMs ?

AhmadSalhany, May 4, 2022
Thema:

Server Standard 2022 hyper-v VM licensing

1. Server Standard 2022 hyper-v VM licensing - Similar Threads - Server Standard 2022

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. iLok License Manager in VM Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iLok License Manager in VM Hyper-V: Hello, I have a problem detecting iLok USB with iLok License Manager on Hyper-V virtual machine natively as a license server, not as a client, is there any solution? We are using Windows Server with Hyper-V. This worked with VMWare but we need this with Microsoft Hyper-V....
  5. Server Standard 2022 hyper-v VM licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server Standard 2022 hyper-v VM licensing: Hi there,First of all, there is no "server" topic, so I put this under windows->other/unknownAccording to this, if I have my fully licensed Windows Server Standard, than I can run 2 VM with the same...
  6. Upgrade a 2008 server in Hyper v vm to 2012 server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade a 2008 server in Hyper v vm to 2012 server: Hi I am running hyper v manager on my windows 10 pro pc. I am running 2008 server on the hyper v manager and I want to upgrade it to 2012 server. When I click on the install now button it does the copy files but does not go to the windows update window to continue the...
  7. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  8. Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM: I have a Windows 10 Pro machine which supports virtualization. I want to create a hyper-V VM running Windows 10 as the guest host. I have some questions on licensing and any activation issues that might occur I expect I'll need to buy a 2nd Win 10 license Does it need...
  9. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  10. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...