Windows 10: "server threw an exception" during file restore

Discus and support "server threw an exception" during file restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm restoring files from a backup external drive, to my new PC. As I copy/paste folders, I get a "the server threw an exception" error, and the copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by engineerAl, Aug 15, 2019.

1. "server threw an exception" during file restore

I'm restoring files from a backup external drive, to my new PC. As I copy/paste folders, I get a "the server threw an exception" error, and the copy process stops. I can then copy the same folder(s) with no issue, until the next error message. Usually i get through a couple hundred mB before the message, but it makes a slow process slower. I can let it run overnight at a slow rate, but it's useless if it's stopped.

I'm recovering files from a .tib file, made with Seagate/Black Armor software, on an external Seagate hard drive. The drive is connected via USB, and pretty sure the hard drive's usb 2.0 or older. Most of the recovered files are docs, pdfs, xls, or dwg files. Doesn't seem to be a pattern on which type of file gags it, number of files, or size (copied a single 250 mg wmv file uneventfully, for example).

Any suggestions?

:)

engineerAl, Aug 15, 2019

2. The server threw an exception

Running Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. On right clicking on a document opened on the browser and clicking om 'Save as' I get a box with 'Web browser. The server threw an exception' so I cant save the document. How do I clear this?

BoydWright, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    The server threw an exception

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• What type of document are you trying to save?
    • Have you tried downloading files from another website? Does it happen when using another browser?

In the meantime, you can check this link
    on how to clear cache or cookies in Microsoft Edge and check if the same issue persists.

We'll wait for your response.

Mary Sau, Aug 15, 2019
  4. AM*
    Am* Win User

"server threw an exception" during file restore

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

Thema:

"server threw an exception" during file restore

1. "server threw an exception" during file restore - Similar Threads - server threw exception

2. Windows Server - Antivirus exceptions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server - Antivirus exceptions: HelloOur company just changed their AV product. The new product provides more centralized management of Windows servers.However we are not sure of what policies to apply to various windows servers I'm looking for a list of anti-virus exceptions for these Windows servers and...
  3. Windows Server - Antivirus exceptions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server - Antivirus exceptions: HelloOur company just changed their AV product. The new product provides more centralized management of Windows servers.However we are not sure of what policies to apply to various windows servers I'm looking for a list of anti-virus exceptions for these Windows servers and...
  4. The type initializer for “Loader.MainForm” has threw an exception

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The type initializer for “Loader.MainForm” has threw an exception: Everytime i try to launch a certain program on my pc it gives me that error and im not sure how to fix it. I’ve done all of the basic stuff like restarting my pc and uninstalling and reinstalling the program but it still doesnt fix it I even ran the programs troubleshooter....
  5. The type initializer for “Loader.MainForm” has threw an exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The type initializer for “Loader.MainForm” has threw an exception: Everytime i try to launch a certain program on my pc it gives me that error and im not sure how to fix it. I’ve done all of the basic stuff like restarting my pc and uninstalling and reinstalling the program but it still doesnt fix it I even ran the programs troubleshooter....
  6. The type initializer for “Loader.MainForm” has threw an exception

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. The type initializer for 'System.Net.ServicePointManager' threw an exception.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The type initializer for 'System.Net.ServicePointManager' threw an exception.: What I tried:1 sfc / scan now, etc. all the commands which are used in CMD for this problem2 run as administratorit closes itself3in window terminalsituation in the imageI searched in google, I got a solution, saying , " you need to take the ""known good"" files and something...
  8. Restore files deleted during WIndows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore files deleted during WIndows 10 update.: How do I restore jpeg files that were deleted from ther C drive in the last Microsoft update? These files are not in the recycle bin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-files-deleted-during-windows-10-update/39bc7026-6678-43cf-94fe-93e7d60a92e5
  9. Customization threw Registry.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customization threw Registry.: Hello guys. After a lot of research to customize Windows 10 to my liking, I came to the conclusion that Registry is the only way. Only active shell for windows 10 looks like mac which I absolutely hate, Rain meter is a headache to use and running KDE Plasma threw some means...
  10. Windows backup image error "server threw an exception" AFTER update to v. 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup image error "server threw an exception" AFTER update to v. 1903: At the successful installation of every feature update and every month in between I do a Windows image from the command prompt. I haven't made any changes to my computer hardware and I've successfully created many backups in the past. I used Powershell admin, and Command...