Windows 10: Server updates to PCs, why and how to stop them

Discus and support Server updates to PCs, why and how to stop them in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I started getting Windows Server 2016 updates from Windows Updates to my Windows 10 PC, I have no idea why but I tried to update them manually and of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by USSNJBB62, Oct 12, 2018.

1. USSNJBB62 Win User

Server updates to PCs, why and how to stop them

I started getting Windows Server 2016 updates from Windows Updates to my Windows 10 PC, I have no idea why but I tried to update them manually and of course it barked back it is not applicable for my machine. Thing is, how do you stop these from lighting up my Notifications and telling me I have security or valuable updates I may be missing because they are not updating.

EXAMPLE:

"Your device is missing important security and quality fixes."

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

2018-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4462919) - Error 0x80070002

CATALOG:

2018-10 Delta Update for Windows Server 2016 (1803) for x64-based Systems (KB4462919) Windows Server 2016 Security Updates 10/6/2018 n/a 349.2 MB

I did find this, perhaps I need to install all of these or give them a try?

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4462919

the x86 or 64 versions, I have a 64bit W10

:)

USSNJBB62, Oct 12, 2018

2. Error: "Server PC is not accessible", "The network address is invalild" on Windows 10

Hi Gavin,

Apologize for the delay in response to your issue.

• Do let us know if your device is connected to a Windows Server?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested in the Microsoft help article in my previous post and check if it helps?

Step like: Run the Network troubleshooter, Update the rivers, Rollback the drivers, turn off firewalls etc..

Try the above troubleshooting steps update us the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 12, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Server updates to PCs, why and how to stop them

Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Server updates to PCs, why and how to stop them

1. Server updates to PCs, why and how to stop them - Similar Threads - Server updates PCs

2. why does every windows update **** my computer. i hate them. stop updating and making...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does every windows update **** my computer. i hate them. stop updating and making...: Stop updating windows and making it worse. Edge sucks and files now need extra work. 2 hours to figure out how to pdf my tax work. Thanks. Your IT team needs to drive head on into the next concrete mixer. Now I cant open my picture files. You are making horrible changes for...
  3. Windows updates and stopping them!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates and stopping them!: Hey all, here’s a question that has me confused to the limit. My laptop is running win10. I have it on airplane mode and block from my WiFi adapter/ router. It’s used for the time and my personal data only. Now for the mind bending bit^<>^ How in the name of Bill Gates does...
  4. Windows updates and stopping them!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates and stopping them!: Hey all, here’s a question that has me confused to the limit. My laptop is running win10. I have it on airplane mode and block from my WiFi adapter/ router. It’s used for the time and my personal data only. Now for the mind bending bit^<>^ How in the name of Bill Gates does...
  5. Windows updates and stopping them!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows updates are useless, how do I stop them completely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates are useless, how do I stop them completely?: Warning: The new windows update broke my PC yet again and I'm livid, so this won't be a nice and polite post. The FAQ says 'oh the updates are very-very important, they keep your PC safe blah, blah, blah' That's bulls**t. My PC runs entirely fine until I update it, at which...
  7. Windows updates are useless, how do I stop them completely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates are useless, how do I stop them completely?: Warning: The new windows update broke my PC yet again and I'm livid, so this won't be a nice and polite post. The FAQ says 'oh the updates are very-very important, they keep your PC safe blah, blah, blah' That's bulls**t. My PC runs entirely fine until I update it, at which...
  8. Windows updates are useless, how do I stop them completely?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. phising scams how to stop them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    phising scams how to stop them: I need security help . I have the normal windows 10 security in place yet some of my information has been compromised. I ran the safety scanner it showed infected files and it automatically fixed them. I still don't feel safe. Suggestions Please....
  10. 2 PCs on same network but cannot connect them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 PCs on same network but cannot connect them: This seems to happen after updates. 1 PC has a printer that we can usually print to that from either PC. Currently they cannot see each other. no 1 will not change to turn on network discovery and current profile is private. won't turn on under public profile either number...