Windows 10: Service Control Manager error id 7040

Discus and support Service Control Manager error id 7040 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My HP Envy x360 13-ay00045, having windows 11 OS is regularly throwing an error in the form of white box on the upper left side of the screen; it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Venkat1245, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Service Control Manager error id 7040

My HP Envy x360 13-ay00045, having windows 11 OS is regularly throwing an error in the form of white box on the upper left side of the screen; it is half seen and half bleed to the corners of the screen. When investigated in the events log under system there is an event published: One the appearance of the log, above phenomenon is triggering.Kindly advise on the fix

:)

Venkat1245, Dec 8, 2021
  2. xxx123 Win User

Service Control manager 4007

I replayed again Quake 2 rtx for 2 hours. This time no entries Service Control manager 7040. So i guess it was nothing wrong when that 8-10 entries happened before?

xxx123, Dec 8, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Error Source Control Manager Event ID 7000

Hi, I have screen OCR'd part of your error message for you so it is text- and a search can be done.

The Browser service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Considering event id 7000 - an article which is not specially helpful here:
    How to fix the service control manager event ID 7000 logon error in Windows

Considering the second part of this and the event id offers some information:
    https://www.gfi.com/support/products...ause-a-service

I wouldn't suggest changing this at this point.

Considering 'browser service'
    Browser service - Wikipedia
    browse and locate shared resources
    - so is related to local networking and sharing.

Do you have networking and sharing configured?
    If so, is it functional? Or is something not accessible?

master browser:
    Master Browser question
    Computer Browser Service Defaults in Windows 10

dalchina, Dec 8, 2021
  4. xxx123 Win User

Service Control Manager error id 7040

Service Control manager 4007

PC:
    108500K stock 4800mhz
    2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000 XMP
    Aorus Z490 Pro Ax
    Rtx Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC ( stock )
    Seasonic Tx-850 Prime Titanium

Windows 10 up to date
    newest drivers

Hey guys again. ). I have a question. I left for 2 hours Quake 2 with RTX settings on 1440P. No crashing,stable,no drops,perfect. But after i quit i check event logs and 10 logs appeared:
    service control manager 7040 service was changed.

Game was running only. I dont open any apps etc. That logs just appeared during when game was on.
    service control manager 7040 <maybe 8-10 logs>

Its fine no reason to worry?

xxx123, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

Service Control Manager error id 7040

1. Service Control Manager error id 7040 - Similar Threads - Service Control Manager

2. Error - Service Control Manager - Event ID 7031 - The Cron Service Terminated Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error - Service Control Manager - Event ID 7031 - The Cron Service Terminated Unexpectedly: Hello. I'm having an issue where my PC is waking up from sleep nearly constantly, and so I decided to investigate. In both the powercfg command prompt, as well as what is listed under power in the event viewer, I can find nothing as an inherent cause. However I saw something...
  3. Error - Service Control Manager - Event ID 7031 - The Cron Service Terminated Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error - Service Control Manager - Event ID 7031 - The Cron Service Terminated Unexpectedly: Hello. I'm having an issue where my PC is waking up from sleep nearly constantly, and so I decided to investigate. In both the powercfg command prompt, as well as what is listed under power in the event viewer, I can find nothing as an inherent cause. However I saw something...
  4. Error - Service Control Manager - Event ID 7031 - The Cron Service Terminated Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Service Control Manager Event Id 7009

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Service Control Manager Event Id 7009: Over the past year whenever there is a Windows update APC UPS service & APC Data service software for a battery UPS do not automatically restart after the update. The services has to be manually restarted after each update.Once restarted the APC UPS service & APC Data service...
  6. Service Control Manager error id 7040

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Control Manager error id 7040: My HP Envy x360 13-ay00045, having windows 11 OS is regularly throwing an error in the form of white box on the upper left side of the screen; it is half seen and half bleed to the corners of the screen. When investigated in the events log under system there is an event...
  7. Service control manager error 7009

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service control manager error 7009: Hi all, i have problems with win10 about a few days... I get a blue screen with a whea_uncorrectable_error, i see the events logs and see a Service control manager error 7009, so i create a new record "ServicesPipeTimeout" with 12000 miliseconds and restar the pc, but the...
  8. Error: Service Control Manager 7001

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: Service Control Manager 7001: My PC will freeze - even stuttering sound if it's playing - until I hard restart. Sometimes it's 0 times per day, sometimes several. But it's persisted for months. The error is: The AGSService service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find...
  9. Event ID 7031 Service Control Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 7031 Service Control Manager: Hi, I check and found this annoying code in the Event Viewer... The Event ID code is the same but with different explanation and usually come in group..This happened to me usually after restart.... 1. Event ID 7031.... The Sync Host_Session1 service terminated...
  10. Service Control Manager Error 7024

in Windows 10 Support
    Service Control Manager Error 7024: Hoping you guys can help me please. I have searched high and low and can't find a fix for this problem. The description for Event ID 7024 from source Service Control Manager cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local...