Windows 10: Service CxUtilSvc.exe running and making fans go crazy

Discus and support Service CxUtilSvc.exe running and making fans go crazy in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everybody, About a month ago I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my 1.7 year old Lenovo Flex. All software is current. But the other day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Service CxUtilSvc.exe running and making fans go crazy

Hello Everybody,

About a month ago I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my 1.7 year old Lenovo Flex. All software is current. But the other day (once) I noticed my otherwise quiet fan spinning loud. TaskManager offered CxUtilSvc.exe as the source. I stopped the process (at that time) and that fan action hasn't come back. Even though I see the process is there in TM.

I checked it against Defender and Malwarebytes and they were kosher. I did some web searching and those notorious sites are all "Download this to remove it."

CxUtilSvc.exe Windows process - What is it?

Hmm.

So I guess I need to know a site that is trustworthy on if I should remove it or leave is there?

:)

The Pool Man, Feb 26, 2021

2. Fan going crazy . . .

Hi Somebody50, I have a few suggestions that shouldn't be that difficult.

1) Check for a BIOS update. While you're at the manufacturers website, check for chipset and display drivers or other recommended driver updates. Please ask if you require assistance.

2) If your PC is still misbehaving after updating drivers, perform a clean boot to determine if any third-party apps are creating or contributing to this fan issue.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

3) Please update your details under "My Computer" and list a model number, cpu and drive info (SSD or HDD).

4) Check if you have any warranty coverage available.

There are more tests available if these don't provide sufficient info, one step at a time.

W10 Tweaker, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Service CxUtilSvc.exe running and making fans go crazy

Fan going crazy . . .

As someone above asked: Yes I check the task manager numerous times when the fan is cycling crazy for anything amiss and never found anything -- this was noted as the first thing in my OP list.

This is not a gamer machine, it's a "Vivobook," listed around $400, got it for $300 from Amz.

This fan problem has happened twice before in the last couple of months and returned to normal after a day or so. It has now been okay since the day after my OP.

In my research the first couple of times this problem popped up, I saw a bunch of stuff about Win updates somehow causing this (quite common) problem. I did not mention that here, as I didn't want to bias anyone's thinking in that direction. If memory serves, something about a ".NET xxxxx" update something or other. Everything was/is set to auto-update but MS can't figure out how to make this happen apparently.

At any rate, it is okay now but I'm sure it will happen again. Going from past experiences, I totally blame Microsoft and W10 for the problem. I've been using Windows since V. 3.1 in 1994 and although modern versions rarely crash like 3.1 did, they are still riddled with problems: Sometimes the solution is so complex as to be well beyond the average user's ability -- or interest -- to fix. Or the cure is worse than the disease itself and we just live with it.

And sometimes the problems are unsolvable and the only solution is to wipe out and re-install Windows. That's like buying a new car and six months later the engine won't start, nobody can figure out how to fix it, and the only solution is to install a new engine.

Ok, "Microsoft-hate rant" over, and thanks to all for the suggestions. If anybody has any knowledge and solutions for the stalled update for some sort of MS file(s) I'd love to hear it.

Somebody50, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Service CxUtilSvc.exe running and making fans go crazy

1. Service CxUtilSvc.exe running and making fans go crazy - Similar Threads - Service CxUtilSvc exe

2. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC's fans going crazy: My fans are blaring loud even when im using simple tasks like file explorer or opening a word document. If I open any games, it just sounds like im next to a jet engine.My CPU temps are quite normal 30-50 During gaming it spikes to 80-90 but i think thats quite normal...This...
  3. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC's fans going crazy: My fans are blaring loud even when im using simple tasks like file explorer or opening a word document. If I open any games, it just sounds like im next to a jet engine.My CPU temps are quite normal 30-50 During gaming it spikes to 80-90 but i think thats quite normal...This...
  4. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Displays cut out and fans go crazy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displays cut out and fans go crazy.: Thought it was a driver problem at first but ive reinstalled windows and cleaned the inside of my comp some before I remembered system errors flags exhist. Temps are all fine and parts are all around a year old since I built this last year. Hoping somebody can tell me...
  6. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy: So I just installed a 2060, that my dad had for a while about 2 years since he got a 3060 ti. It was going smooth for about a month when my screen started turning black and the fans would go crazy. I would have to force my computer to shut down when that happens. I have the...
  7. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy: So I just installed a 2060, that my dad had for a while about 2 years since he got a 3060 ti. It was going smooth for about a month when my screen started turning black and the fans would go crazy. I would have to force my computer to shut down when that happens. I have the...
  8. Black Screen and gpu fans go crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Fan going crazy . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan going crazy . . .: Hi: My ASUS laptop fan has gone crazy lately. It runs wide open for a half a minute or more then shuts down to an idle, then goes up full blast again after a half a minute or so. It never ramps up or down, it's either idling or wide open. A complete restart doesn't help....
  10. Crazy fan

Crazy fan: Hi our office ladies computer booted and did something weird yesterday, then today we tried to boot it, got to the windows startup page, then black screen and the fan revved up to the point where we thought it might blow. Because it booted until the startup page, that means...