Windows 10: "Service failed to run w/err 0x00000427" while trying to run a service's exe. file. Details...

Discus and support "Service failed to run w/err 0x00000427" while trying to run a service's exe. file. Details... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The service that I am trying to run is Antares Central Services.exe which is a "must have" to open a music plugin installer, called Antares Central. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rjn00, Sep 26, 2020.

1. /u/rjn00 Win User

"Service failed to run w/err 0x00000427" while trying to run a service's exe. file. Details...

The service that I am trying to run is Antares Central Services.exe which is a "must have" to open a music plugin installer, called Antares Central. I am totally sure about every information I gave and will give.

There is two exes in the folder. One is "Antares Central", and the other one is "Antares Central Services". Whenever I try to open Central, it says "This Antares Central installation is incomplete", etc. want recommending me to reinstall the program which I already did it more than ten times, with also trying "Modify" and "Repair" things.

After I face with this problem, wanted to run "Antares Central Services.exe". However, whenever I try to run this up, a CMD window opens and immediately closes itself. It was hard to get a screenshot of it while it closes itself in less than 5ms actually: https://prnt.sc/uocexg

Then I started to search for this error code, wasted more than 3 hours, could not find a solution. As it writes, so as I know, "0x00000427" error code show up when a service is failed to get started. So I guesss my program doesn't open and tells me to reinstall because some of its files might be missing. But the actual problem is that my Windows 10 can not open this service, manually or automaticly, so the program can not reach to some things, I guess, and tells me to repair it. The "my program is not opening" question is caused by a service that can not get started.

Specs:

Running the latest main version of Windows 10 2004, 64bit. Totally updated from Windows Updater.

Intel i5 7600k CPU

MSI GTX 1060 6G Gaming X GPU

MSI Z270 Gaming M3 motherboard

The PC and all of my drives has been resetted one or two weeks ago, means my Windows and all of my other files are totally updated and new. I don't know if these information helps or not.

I actually paid lots of money for this plugin that I am trying to download via this program, also they have a "no-refund policy". Plus I need this plugin to continue to my job. Hope I can get some help as soon as possible. Thanks.

submitted by /u/rjn00
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rjn00, Sep 26, 2020

2. The audio service is not running?!

Hello Abu,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

Please refer to the below steps to start the Audio service and cherck if it helps to resolve the issue

• Open Control Panel and select Administrative Tools, then View Local Services
    • Look for "Windows Audio" NOT "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder"

[Just click on any service, then press the letter "W" on your keyboard, it will take you to the services starting with the "w" letter]
    • Right click on the "Windows Audio" service and choose "Properties"
    • You will see 4 tabs, click on the last one, labeled "Dependencies"
    • In that tab, you will see the "This service depends on the following system components" box, it displays 3 services.

Beside each service there is a "+" icon, click on it to expand the list. The 2nd service will have 2 child services, the 3rd service will have 1 child service.
    • Now make sure that all the 6 services (3 main, 3 child) have the "Started" status in the "Services" window you opened earlier.
    • Most probably you will find one of those services are not running, just start all of them, then try to start the "Window Audio" service from the "General" tab.

However, if the issue is still unresolved, I would suggest you to
    check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope this helps.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Running service as an application

I have an EXE. file that's running as a service, but need to start it as an application in windows 10. When I try to run it from the shortcut created, it tells me to stop it as a service and run as application, but can't find a way to move it out.
    Thanks

BUMGARDNER, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

"Service failed to run w/err 0x00000427" while trying to run a service's exe. file. Details...

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

1. "Service failed to run w/err 0x00000427" while trying to run a service's exe. file. Details... - Similar Threads - Service failed run

2. Audio Service not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Service not running: After several trouble free years with my laptop I am now getting this message. I have tried all the recommended solutions on this and other forums but nothing seems to work. I am running Windows 10 and yes, my drivers are up to date. Could this possibly be a hardware problem?...
  3. What Service is the one that makes x64 exe to run?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What Service is the one that makes x64 exe to run?: I have a so broken version of Windows 10, that runs on Safe mode or by disabling services. If I disable services I won't be able to run any exe file, since Windows would show a sign indicating app or program is not compatible. Unless opened as administrator. I'd like to...
  4. Gaming Services WILL NOT RUN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gaming Services WILL NOT RUN: Ive tried all the powershell commands to remove it, reinstall it, repair it exc. Nothing has worked. Every time try to manually run it from service window it says its not installed, but Microsoft store says its installed and its listed in services. I doubt anyone has a fix...
  5. Audio service not running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio service not running: Hi, Since the last two days, my Audio service has stopped. My sound card is working fine, and I have tried the following actions, but they have failed: Tried uninstalling, re-installing and rolling back my audio drivers. Tried to update my audio drivers to the latest...
  6. The Audio Service is not running / The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Audio Service is not running / The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer: Over the past few weeks, users across our organization have been noticing that upon rebooting or restarting their laptops, the Windows Audio Service and WLAN AutoConfig are refusing to trigger and start running. All hardware updates and drivers have been checked, as well as...
  7. The Audio Service is not running / The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Audio Service is not running / The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer: Over the past few weeks, users across our organization have been noticing that upon rebooting or restarting their laptops, the Windows Audio Service and WLAN AutoConfig are refusing to trigger and start running. All hardware updates and drivers have been checked, as well as...
  8. Audio Services Not Running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Services Not Running: I had audio service until ~7-10 days ago. I think that a Windows update changed the settings. I have tried EVERYTHING to restore or re-install the audio. I even tried a System Restore without success even though I disabled Defender (which blocks a System Restore). What...
  9. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  10. What is this service that's running?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this service that's running?: [img] "Windows Back Up" i feel like its taking a lot, is it safe to disable? what is it exactly? Im sure i disabled all my back up stuff 101021

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Service failed to run w/err 0x00000427