Windows 10: Service Host Applications are taking up every bit of my RAM

Discus and support Service Host Applications are taking up every bit of my RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have 16GB of memory installed in my system and there are an ungodly amount of Service Host Applications that appear in task manager that are taking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdrastosCrius, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Service Host Applications are taking up every bit of my RAM

I have 16GB of memory installed in my system and there are an ungodly amount of Service Host Applications that appear in task manager that are taking up almost constantly 95% of my RAM. I get that it is a feature in newer Windows 10, but I would like to be able to play a game without it freezing every 4 seconds because I am out of RAM.

:)

AdrastosCrius, Feb 26, 2020
  2. NHKomaiha Win User

High RAM usage (up to 96% !) "Service Host" and "System"

i have installed Windows 10 Pro, it was working normally, but idk how it changed suddenly and became taking RAM highly

main RAM takers:

Service Host: Local System

Service Host: Local Service

System

when i close any (except System) RAM gets empty fast (from +90% to ~20%)

and when System takes RAM highly, i cant do anything, i immediately restart pc

these processes keep taking RAM ascending

1. i tried to run:

sfc /scannow

it found errors but cant fix and here is the
    LOG
    file

Service Host Applications are taking up every bit of my RAM e0880c5d-3903-4a98-95bd-8b94e1b50326.png

2. cleen boot didnt change anything (turn off all non-microsoft services)

NHKomaiha, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Service Host: ____ taking up way to much memory

When i check task manager, i see a bunch of processes called "Service Host: " that are taking up my memory. They are using from 2 MB to 150 MB per service. When I restart my computer they calm down for a bit but the longer my computer is on, the more
    and more memory they start to take up. It gets to a point where when nothing is open on my computer, they take up 70-80% of my memory. I have 8 GB of RAM. This has been going on for about a week and I'm not sure what to do about it.

eshandhaliwal, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Service Host Applications are taking up every bit of my RAM

Browser /connection security, hosts file and DNS service

You're saying that Open DNS(and other services like it) house their own list of known 'bad' sites, and by using their DNS servers, it will filter out sites based on that list?

Would you believe I was already using Open DNS servers.
    This means the hosts file is moot?

And furthering that, if there's any bespoke sites I want to manually add, I could do it through my router directly.

Thus I can empty my local hosts file and turn my DNS service back on?

newconroer, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Service Host Applications are taking up every bit of my RAM

1. Service Host Applications are taking up every bit of my RAM - Similar Threads - Service Host Applications

2. Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service taking up 500MBs of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service taking up 500MBs of RAM: Hi,I have a Desktop with windows 10 64Bit. Recently I've noticed on my task manager a process called connected devices platform user service that is taking up 500mb of ram. It is not taking any other resources but it is just annoying me that it is there even after restarting...
  3. Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service taking up 500MBs of RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service taking up 500MBs of RAM: Hi,I have a Desktop with windows 10 64Bit. Recently I've noticed on my task manager a process called connected devices platform user service that is taking up 500mb of ram. It is not taking any other resources but it is just annoying me that it is there even after restarting...
  4. Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service taking up 500MBs of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Service Host applications filling up my memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host applications filling up my memory: When I start my computer I have a good 60+ service host applications running and after about an 1 or 2 of just having my computer on or playing on it in general all 60+ of those service host application are taking up all of my memory. I have a pc with 16gbs of ram and I cant...
  6. Service Host applications filling up my memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host applications filling up my memory: When I start my computer I have a good 60+ service host applications running and after about an 1 or 2 of just having my computer on or playing on it in general all 60+ of those service host application are taking up all of my memory. I have a pc with 16gbs of ram and I cant...
  7. Service Host applications filling up my memory

8. Service host taking too much ram

Service host taking too much ram: How do I fix this as I barely have 3-4 GB ram left out of 8GB [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-taking-too-much-ram/aa6f3e12-641d-4daf-9bc3-43d47487d72a
  9. Service host taking up my MEMORY OVERTIME.

Service host taking up my MEMORY OVERTIME.: When I start up my computer everything is fine. But within after over an hour, my service host keeps taking .1 MB while time passes by. I have to keep restarting my computer when it starts having issues because at that time I have 99% memory while I'm in a game. It gets...
  10. My service host apps are all taking up about 50mb of ram?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My service host apps are all taking up about 50mb of ram?: I have really high ram usage of my 16 gigs of ram in my Dell G5 5590 laptop because of this, around 90%. The usage will be low on startup with about 1-2 mb each and then continuously rise while i’m using my PC eventually leading to a crash/ blue screen. I’ve tried multiple...